Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kingdom Kangaroos, Sandy Zebras
So Paul Hunter was really not great in his debut. Has the leap of a big heavy beasty ruck, but isn't a big body who can throw that weight around.

Gawn might score 180 this week.

Conversely its hard to know how much of that scoring was Flynn being good or Hunter being not really AFL level. Flynn had 2 really nice intercept marks, one early one late, that suggests he'll position well enough to pick up some around the ground points, and he followed up the ground ball ok in the wet.

May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kingdom Kangaroos, Sandy Zebras
Felt 100% vindicated over not selecting Gawn....

...then realised that the direct result of that decision was that I had Rowe and Gulden on the bench, not even Emg, because I brought in other more established players... :straining:

Friend of mine though went all-in with the 3 rookie rucks and he's basically premo Fwd line already if Ziebell plays well - Dusty, Danger, Zorko, Phillips, Higgins and Ziebell. Actually looks a great shout right through the byes if the amount of rookie FWD/MIDs keep playing as he can switch them through the byes.

Realise I'm quoting myself here, but this really is a conundrum for me here.
I have money saved from the rucks (having already avoided Gawn, and expecting to go Grundy to probably McInerney), that I can plunge into making some rookies or mid-pricers into premos...

But I already had some great wins there:
Heppell, 89, 319,100
Ziebell, 113, 257,900
Jordan Clark, 80, 241,800
H.Young, 88, 279,400
even Taranto, 107, 453,700

Rookies:
Koschitzke, Highmore, Sharp
Powell, Dow, Gulden, Brockman, Scott
Rowe, Campbell

I don't quite bank enough to make Dow a premo, so do I actually go the other way and switch him for Jordon and run with load of extra cash?

Realistically I began with Danger and Rowell so this is probably not a decision needing made until next week...

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Realise I'm quoting myself here, but this really is a conundrum for me here.
I have money saved from the rucks (having already avoided Gawn, and expecting to go Grundy to probably McInerney), that I can plunge into making some rookies or mid-pricers into premos...

But I already had some great wins there:
Heppell, 89, 319,100
Ziebell, 113, 257,900
Jordan Clark, 80, 241,800
H.Young, 88, 279,400
even Taranto, 107, 453,700

Rookies:
Koschitzke, Highmore, Sharp
Powell, Dow, Gulden, Brockman, Scott
Rowe, Campbell

I don't quite bank enough to make Dow a premo, so do I actually go the other way and switch him for Jordon and run with load of extra cash?

Realistically I began with Danger and Rowell so this is probably not a decision needing made until next week...

Grundy down to BigO is a bad tactical move when you already don't have Gawn. Weather conditions greatly favoured rucks in the Bris/Syd & GWS/Saints games. People making far too many assumptions based on 1 round of data.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
what the f**k do I do with Reilly O'Brien?

Didn't watch the game on Saturday, is he cooked? s**t? Or is it just not a ruckmans game anymore..?

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
what the f**k do I do with Reilly O'Brien?

Didn't watch the game on Saturday, is he cooked? sh*t? Or is it just not a ruckmans game anymore..?

Srs though. I think we all need to hold our structures for a little bit to see longer term trends. If you don't anticipate rookie corrections next week. Do nothing now.

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
Post game presser Buckley spoke about not rucking Cox as much as they would have liked.

Today's presser he says he believes Grundy offers alot in front of the ball and they will look at trialling that the first half of the season.

That does not bode well for his SC avg.

Post game presser Buckley spoke about not rucking Cox as much as they would have liked.

Today's presser he says he believes Grundy offers alot in front of the ball and they will look at trialling that the first half of the season.

That does not bode well for his SC avg.

doesn't bode will for Collingwood either - imo Cox is a liability outside of the goal square

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
Lower ruck scoring + less ruck time = one very scared Grundy owner.

Will give him 1 more week, but feel a correction is going to be needed. Whether that's to a Stef/Hickey to rotate with Flynn or even a Treacy type donut idk, but can't rule out any strat this year.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Here’s all the rucks’ scores.
Just their performances, other stuff like number of ruck contests etc/, so the general trends, someone else would have to look at.
View attachment 1083475
Gawn only 73% TOG is interesting. I only saw the first quarter, anyone got an insight there?

He started like dog s**t, got going late apparently, I guess there is some upside there.

Gawn only 73% TOG is interesting. I only saw the first quarter, anyone got an insight there?

He started like dog sh*t, got going late apparently, I guess there is some upside there.
Aah, no, something wrong with a lookup on Gawn, he was like 92%.
Have deleted, I'll fix and repost later.
Wonder what went wrong there ..

ohh_v

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool F.C
In 2019, Gawn scored 87 in his first game. Proceeded to ton up in 18 games for that season with one 99. His only other score a 47.

In 2020, Gawn scored 93 in his first game Proceeded to ton up in 12/13 of the remaining games. Lowest score of 87 (he also scored 184 for Round 2!!)

Why would anyone ever doubt this man?

Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
In 2019, Gawn scored 87 in his first game. Proceeded to ton up in 18 games for that season with one 99. His only other score a 47.

In 2020, Gawn scored 93 in his first game Proceeded to ton up in 12/13 of the remaining games. Lowest score of 87 (he also scored 184 for Round 2!!)

i hope many do..

so far 2300 people have traded out Grundy

Maybe Tomorrow Here you go, mate, think I found the issue and fixed it. affected three players, by the looks.
1616404543833.png

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

That 47 was injury affected. Had the C on him that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back