Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

They tried rigging the 2018 poll, from memory. Wasn't Design E getting an absolute sh*t tonne of votes that were clearly NOT legitimate?

Yeah then a nice member here gave Design D an even bigger s**t tonne of votes that were clearly not legitimate with a bot to get D to win over E. Good times.

They tried rigging the 2018 poll, from memory. Wasn't Design E getting an absolute sh*t tonne of votes that were clearly NOT legitimate?

That whole debacle was one of the most AFC things ever.

My recollection is that option E had a massive lead - as in tens of thousands of votes - within minutes of the poll going live. It took a savvy poster on the Crows board literally days running a bot script voting for option D to reel in the lead. In the end, the club said they’d “listened to the feedback” and kept the existing white jumper.

Fast forward two years and option D is announced as our new clash jumper without any vote or consultation.

Heres a little compilation of the Crows clashs that have been up for a vote in the past
2013 clash vote
View attachment 1083325View attachment 1083314
(shame this didn't come to be, was much better than other two options)
View attachment 1083327
(2010-2012 clash on Puma template, wonder if theres a prototype of that around)
View attachment 1083331
(this was the design we went with for 2013, but the back sh*t got cut out thankfully)
View attachment 1083332
View attachment 1083334
I would honestly like to see the 2018 option B in home colours. Would look quite classy I think

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

My recollection is that option E had a massive lead - as in tens of thousands of votes - within minutes of the poll going live. It took a savvy poster on the Crows board literally days running a bot script voting for option D to reel in the lead. In the end, the club said they’d “listened to the feedback” and kept the existing white jumper.

Fast forward two years and option D is announced as our new clash jumper without any vote or consultation.

Well I think the days of messing around with our clash all the time to get some extra sales are over, seems like the club (or more specifically Adam Kelly) wants to keep the hoops intact across home/clash/SANFL now - which is fantastic.
Makes me think we will have some kiddy pre-season jumper soon to make up for that, which is no big deal. Would not be surprising since we refuse to wear home in pre-season. Would actually love to see the 08/09 clash as a preseason jumper, like it was in similar form in the 90s.

Well I think the days of messing around with our clash all the time to get some extra sales are over, seems like the club (or more specifically Adam Kelly) wants to keep the hoops intact across home/clash/SANFL now - which is fantastic.
Makes me think we will have some kiddy pre-season jumper soon to make up for that, which is no big deal. Would not be surprising since we refuse to wear home in pre-season. Would actually love to see the 08/09 clash as a preseason jumper, like it was in similar form in the 90s.

Yep I think the same and hope it is the case. Have always said Richmond have the right idea. Traditional home and clash, kiddy stuff for pre-season and training. We look to hopefully be going down that path too.

Gotta love it when they didn't get the result that they wanted, so they acted like nothing happened and then made the change anyway when they thought everyone had forgotten about it.

The Crows and O'Neills have absolutely nailed their kits so far - I'm actually jealous 😱😱😱

Not a AFL guernsey but this was meant to be the Storm's heritage jersey last year but due to the interrupted season, was never used.
1616820978520.png
1616821023897.png

Cronulla also were planning to wear a Kokoda jersey at some point last year, but couldn't as well, it might be worn this year though but with revised collars and sponsors
1616821183103.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seem to recall a lot of non-committal from the AFC about the voting and which jumper won and everything. The poll quietly closed then we heard nothing for days (weeks?). It was totally a case of them wanting to, but not actually being able to say:
"Somebody rigged the votes!"
"How can you be sure?"
"Because WE rigged the other one to win!"

Last edited:
I seem to recall a lot of non-committal from the AFC about the voting and which jumper won and everything. The poll quietly closed then we heard nothing for days (weeks?). It was totally a case of them wanting to, but not actually being able to say:
"Somebody rigged the votes!"
"How can you be sure?"
"Because WE rigged the other one to win!"

As I said, it was poetic justice that a member from here managed to screw them. And they knew they were getting screwed the same way they were trying to screw their vote.

I doubt the current AFL logo was worn in a home and away match in 1999, but happy to see evidence otherwise.
It wasn't a home and away match. It was part of the 2000 Ansett Cup (round robin pre-season comp).
The game was played at the MCG on the evening of 31 December 1999, and was billed as the "Millennium Match".

It wasn't a home and away match. It was part of the 2000 Ansett Cup (round robin pre-season comp).
The game was played at the MCG on the evening of 31 December 1999, and was billed as the "Millennium Match".
Current logo wasn’t on the kits, but was painted onto the turf. (Peep the first few seconds of this Here).

Off topic so feel free to delete but is that Millennium Match the quickest cricket/football turnaround at the MCG or any venue?

The Boxing Day test would’ve gone from Dec 26-30 with the Millennium Maych starting a little more than 24hours later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back