Oppo Camp Death Riding: Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a top end KPF. They are usually top 10, or at least 1st round. Good thing for us that a lot emerge in their last year and given the shemozzle of 2020 there is likely to be more emerging KPFs in 2021. So hopefully we can get at least 1 good to very good KPF. If Geelong find that their list is too old to run our 20 minutes a quarters and so miss finals we get a top 10 pick and likely top end talent.

Who knows we'll probably pick a HBF. But I'd like a new replacement for JR. Probably got about 3 years to grow into the position, with JR and Big Tom Lunch as mentors.

I wouldn't be surprised if richmond target a mid type at first selection. Given they overlooked them last draft.

Rioli. Small fwd.
Mansell. Small def.
DES. Small def.
Ryan. Ruck.
Colina. Ruck.

Especially if a top rated guy somehow slips

For me the big worry will be North Melbourne. They had the opportunity to take Logan McDonald and bizarrely they didn't. If he has a stellar rookie year and Ben Brown doesn't fire (and even if he does he'll be 29 next year) the pressure on them to pick the best available tall with their first pick will be immense. It will be very very hard to leap frog them if that's the case. Need to hope and pray there will be a couple of standout KPFs this coming draft.
If you’ve been watching our seconds you’d reckon we might be right with talls.
Might have other priorities.

We need a top end KPF. They are usually top 10, or at least 1st round. Good thing for us that a lot emerge in their last year and given the shemozzle of 2020 there is likely to be more emerging KPFs in 2021. So hopefully we can get at least 1 good to very good KPF. If Geelong find that their list is too old to run our 20 minutes a quarters and so miss finals we get a top 10 pick and likely top end talent.

Who knows we'll probably pick a HBF. But I'd like a new replacement for JR. Probably got about 3 years to grow into the position, with JR and Big Tom Lunch as mentors.
get gun mid

We always go best available with our first pick
I’d argue our first picks in the last two years, Dow and Ryan were generally not seen as the best available at their respective points in the draft.

More often than not we’ll go best available and I’ll admit that last year was such a bizarre season but I wouldn’t bank on the club always trying to pick the slider or player seen as best available but I would argue it’s not a certainty. The club also has the reputation of regularly picking players earlier than what many others rate them or predicted them to go at.

I’d argue our first picks in the last two years, Dow and Ryan were generally not seen as the best available at their respective points in the draft.

More often than not we’ll go best available and I’ll admit that last year was such a bizarre season but I wouldn’t bank on the club always trying to pick the slider or player seen as best available but I would argue it’s not a certainty. The club also has the reputation of regularly picking players earlier than what many others rate them or predicted them to go at.
I reckon we get pretty good intel on where other clubs are going to take players on our radar. If we reckon they'll get called before our next pick we get it done early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Just to get this straight in my head:

Round 1 we have Ours and Geelong
Round 2 we have Ours and St Kilda
Round 3 we have Ours and GC

(or have we lost a second round pick and only have St Kilda's)

So if Geelong go down in a flaming heap we not only get to destroy 3 clubs in our premiership opponents, we also get a top 10 pick and likely an A grade KPF or A grade mid.

This year will be deep, good draft + leftovers from last year, so the 2nd rounders and early 3rds are good picks.

If we get this right and are lucky we get a solid rebuild whilst winning premierships.

But this means we must lose players if we don't trade our picks. Which would suck, but might mean an even better draft hand.

Danger suspended 3 weeks.

That can't help Dad's Army's prospects.

Old and slow, Cameron out for a month, a declining Dangerfield set to join him, plus apparently a couple of other important outs. And a desperate Brisbane thirsty for revenge for last years preliminary finals loss. Early days but good signs for their first pick.

Didn't Ben Brown get traded to Melbourne?
My bad yes he did which I guess makes their decision not to take Logan McDonald even stranger and increases the likelihood they will pick the best tall available next time around. Anyhow for that reason I really hope they stun the football world and they have a great year as I hope Geelong does an Adelaide/GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back