MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
There's grappling like Khabib and doing damage and then there's holding someone down for 5 rounds. Holland landed more strikes on his back than Brunson.
That's just a boring smothering.
Im not saying it was entertaining. Brunson still won very clearly and Holland did SFA, down on the cards and still kept yapping. Clown, deserves the L and hes really hurt his career with it. Sucked in to him

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Im not saying it was entertaining. Brunson still won very clearly and Holland did SFA, down on the cards and still kept yapping. Clown, deserves the L and hes really hurt his career with it. Sucked in to him
No he hasn't.

Brunsons lost plenty and he's still around the top.
Holland won 5 fights in like 7 months last year. He will be fine.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Won 5 of his last 6 fights and lost against Brunson who has also stepped up in recent times and was a horrible match up for him.

How did he hurt his career?

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
After that performance, really?

Dana isnt putting him in a main event for a good while after that garbage
Kevin Holland wasnt the one sitting on his opponent wrestling him to a decision.

Every one of his fights last year were exciting and fun, He's still a wildly entertaining fighter and you are nuts if you dont think Dana is keen on elevating him to another main event

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Kevin Holland wasnt the one sitting on his opponent wrestling him to a decision.

Every one of his fights last year were exciting and fun, He's still a wildly entertaining fighter and you are nuts if you dont think Dana is keen on elevating him to another main event

Agree Up. But he didn’t fight smart in this fight. Had him rocked and didn’t pounce and more in out movement to avoid TD. Having said that DB ground and pound was the worst I’ve seen.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

According to Dana, Kevin had a mental breakdown during the fight. Uncle 😆

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Truly awful performance from Holland. Poor takedown defence, amateurish rushing in after landing, complete lack of gameplan.

Not great from Brunson either, but he had a plan and executed it for an upset win.

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Truly awful performance from Holland. Poor takedown defence, amateurish rushing in after landing, complete lack of gameplan.

Not great from Brunson either, but he had a plan and executed it for an upset win.
Holland already had a low takedown defence % heading into that fight. Made it work against Jacare but it makes sense that Brunson was going to exploit it in his game plan. Just didn’t make it look all that exciting

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did anyone else bet on Brunson? Pretty generous odds, 2.40 I think, he was even longer against Edmen where I bet on him as well.

Overall entertaining enough card, only watched the main card, Tuivasa looked great, think he's lost some weight, dude sure loves to throw down ha ha
Yeah at 2.27, 2.36 and 2.60

Got as high as 2.80 I got told but I didn't see/bet that.

Missed the Tuivasa fight. Hopefully he gets someone fringe top 15 next and he's actually working on his game, think he gets a bit lazy but maybe a few losses on the trot woke him up

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah at 2.27, 2.36 and 2.60

Got as high as 2.80 I got told but I didn't see/bet that.

Missed the Tuivasa fight. Hopefully he gets someone fringe top 15 next and he's actually working on his game, think he gets a bit lazy but maybe a few losses on the trot woke him up

Yeah Tuivasa was over with Dan Cormier's high school wrestling team for training last year I believe. Good to see he's working hard, I feel like he's not as smart a fighter as Hunt yet but with a strong grappling improvement he really has potential.

I've heard Oleynik been mentioned as a potential opponent, dangerous fight for Tai that one.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah Tuivasa was over with Dan Cormier's high school wrestling team for training last year I believe. Good to see he's working hard, I feel like he's not as smart a fighter as Hunt yet but with a strong grappling improvement he really has potential.

I've heard Oleynik been mentioned as a potential opponent, dangerous fight for Tai that one.
Oleynik is so washed it's not funny. If he lost that he should give it away...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Crazy to think that the UFC lets go of JDS & Overeem before they get rid of the geriatric in Oleynik.
Sam Alvey fights again soon but lets get rid of some of the greatest HW ever who can still beat lower ranked guys. So dumb

Both probably should retire but im not their doctor or wife. If they want to fight, it should be in the UFC imo

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Did anyone else bet on Brunson? Pretty generous odds, 2.40 I think, he was even longer against Edmen where I bet on him as well.

Overall entertaining enough card, only watched the main card, Tuivasa looked great, think he's lost some weight, dude sure loves to throw down ha ha

i bet on brunson at 2.85 on elitebet 2 minutes before the fight. also had griffin at $1.51.

both fights elitebet had better odds than were available on betfair. would recommend.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

1616394595015.png

he was 2.87 on b365 an hour or two before the fight

i bet at 2.40 and was convinced it would start shorter, so had to add a bit more at 2.87

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sam Alvey fights again soon but lets get rid of some of the greatest HW ever who can still beat lower ranked guys. So dumb

Both probably should retire but im not their doctor or wife. If they want to fight, it should be in the UFC imo
Yep.

You can bet that Sam Alvey & Alexei Oleynik aren't on JDS/Overeem money either...

Last edited:

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Holland already had a low takedown defence % heading into that fight. Made it work against Jacare but it makes sense that Brunson was going to exploit it in his game plan. Just didn’t make it look all that exciting
No Brunson didn't seem to have any interest in going for a finish or making it the least bit exciting. But he's up against a rising star with huge hype, completely shutting him out was the sensible thing to do.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep.

You can be that Sam Alvey & Alexei Oleynik aren't on JDS/Overeem money either...
Alvey is replaced by any journeyman. 2 legends arent, or shouldnt be. I get why they did it, penny pinching to the extreme and just watering cards down i still dont agree with

Feel sorry for whoever Reem smashes in Rizin on every vitamin under the sun though 😂

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Im actually not the biggest fan. Great to see a brother in the UFC but as you said, He had some ordinary performances and was pushed too hard. He cant just stand and bang and hope he gets into the top 10. Has some huge holes in his game, Again after last match he was hardly challenged however. He threw some nasty kicks which he stopped doing the last 4 fights however

Remove this Banner Ad

Back