Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled over to Part 2:

And when do kids start learning about Churchill and the English invention of concentration camps? Some facts about the ANZACS that won't get the teacher chased out of the country?
Surely you wish for history lessons to clearly delineate that the Nazis were the worse a evil, vs Churchill making comments that aren't considered PC in 2021?

Kids don't get taught near enough about Mao though. Ask any millennial or gen z kid who committed the greatest purge in history. After you correct them, they'll ask "who's Mao?"

And when do kids start learning about Churchill and the English invention of concentration camps? Some facts about the ANZACS that won't get the teacher chased out of the country?
Hopefully never, as far as the concentration camps part goes, because that would be incorrect.
What part of the ANZACs history would get a teacher chased out of the country?

The Oregon Department of Education is running a course to dismantle white supremacy in math classrooms.

Each month, you will complete a set of exercises as outlined in the calendar. You will complete a five-step cycle as follows:​
1. Engage with the ways that white supremacy culture shows up in math classrooms.​
2. Reflect on your current classroom practices to identify the ways in which they perpetuate white supremacy culture.​
3. Plan to dismantle white supremacy culture by creating a goal that incorporates specific antiracist practices​
4. Act with accountability by carrying out the plan.​
5. Reflect on the ways in which your practices align with antiracist math education.​
We wish to thank our dedicated partners and collaborating organizations in this project.​
We also wish to thank the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for their generous financial support of this project.​

Last edited:
I wonder if Soros or Gates would buy their private jets built by engineers who have been taught that there's too much focus on getting the "right answer".
*sigh*

Which engineering school does this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what the average soldier from the early 20th century would have thought of, say, people speaking about the rights of gay men?
Im sure they had far more important things to worry about.

All children should be dressed in rainbow clothing to signal that their parents are allies.

Is there an age cut off?

Boys and girls clothes for babies and toddlers, who cares? Ignoring the fact that kids gravitate towards Paw Patrol, Frozen, Cars etc. branded stuff at some point boys and girls do actually start to change.

You have to wonder what the end goal of this nonsense is.

Because it's left wing propaganda, that's why.

That's basically what "history" often is anyway.

BS. That's another rubbish claim from the type of people that support left-wing propaganda in schools - acting as if all public school students have been fed a diet of standing to attention at the Union Jack and wanking off at the mention of Empire. Complete nonsense.

Never.

At all.

The word Churchill was not mentioned ONCE in my 12 years of public education in Western Australia.

The word "World War II" was not mentioned ONCE in my 12 years of public education in Western Australia.

In fact, most "social studies" (who knows what the latest name of the subject is these days!) themes consisted of learning the local climatic seasons as described by the Noongar people. We did this like in 3 different years.

While, at the same time, not even mentioning the biggest war in the history of the world that happened within some people's lifetimes.

The public system teaches about the rise of early civilisation around the Euphrates in particular - the notion that it is rooted in white supremacy is complete BS from people that don't know what they're talking about.

Also, this stuff is almost never just a standalone lesson. They integrate it into existing material. Better this than the anti-science lessons they serve up in their religious charter schools.

Islamic schools arent typically charter schools.

But hey ho, your relationship with facts seems a bit like a rubber band these days.

Lol! Andy NGO’s book “important”!

That’s good. If he’s had to step away from the band, the band probably didn’t want him and his RWNJ sh*t.

What can you do about it?

We have raised two generations of self obsessed morons who have the emotional dexterity of fairy floss............and one day these people will be taking over the place. Lord help civilization when that happens.

I wonder what the average soldier from the early 20th century would have thought of, say, people speaking about the rights of gay men?

Probably the same as anyone else in a society that was much more influenced by the church.

Wokeism is the new church.

I’m sure they did. Still had time for plenty of racism, anti-Semitism, homophobia and the like.

This was prevelant across the entire planet and if not expelled by force then the opposition racists & homophobes would have reduced your lineage to slaves.

In a world full of racists & homophobes would you rather be on the side of the winners or losers?

Would you prefer to be a western woman/homosexual right now, or a woman/homosexual in an Islamic nation?

Last edited:
What can you do about it?

We have raised two generations of self obsessed morons who have the emotional dexterity of fairy floss............and one day these people will be taking over the place. Lord help civilization when that happens.
Hanging s**t on the younger generation is as old as the hills. Wokeism won't destroy civilisation, my grandparent's predicted that Bob Dylan and weed would do the same fifty odd years ago and still we're here. There's always something new for old people to be scared of

Hanging sh*t on the younger generation is as old as the hills. Wokeism won't destroy civilisation, my grandparent's predicted that Bob Dylan and weed would do the same fifty odd years ago and still we're here. There's always something new for old people to be scared of

It's not difficult for me to believe that your grandparents were morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back