Any Membership discussions? auto renew is 2nd Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'll be happy of the sticker is of the same quality as the 2010 versions (they just never died!). The recent ones have faded like we did last season....
I keep all my membership stickers on a door in my home workshop

389F2329-714E-4DA2-AD5A-BA9EE3E8F386.jpeg

Feb 6, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
I keep all my membership stickers on a door in my home workshop

View attachment 1078096
I should have said I put them on the back of my car, hence the fading. But that picture is awesome! Takes me on a trip down memory lane.

Proud, Passionate and PAID UP!

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I have no ******* idea what is going on. Between free upgrades for newbies, long serving premium members being treated like s**t, virtual cards, packs not dispatched, Jon Patton's dick pics and Jeff Kennett completely overstaying his welcome I am about sick and tired of it.

My membership dues over the years have cost me more than $20k and I can't get any clarity from anybody who should know as to what my membership entitles me to in 2021 and whether I can even get a ticket to certain games even though I have paid for a reserved seat membership. I understand that there is Covid related uncertainty but the membership department of the HFC is currently an inept laughing stock.

I should have dumped it when they cynically forced Gold Members to upgrade to Kennedy Club at the height of our on-field power in order to keep the seats they had been sitting in for years.

The 'family club' - * off the HFC is the family club. They are just another corporate whore. $1200 donated last year by way of memberships that were no good and they don't offer anything for that loyalty yet some newbie gets a free upgrade. That's ****ed up.

Minnesota Wisdom

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2007
Melbourne - South East
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
Anyone figured out the digital membership card? I didn't get the standard membership card this time round, but seem to be getting this error in the app
648bf067792470a749490bb46088eefb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MatteeG

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Glenelg FC, KC Royals, NO Saints
I got our family pack yesterday, which was entirely missing my wife's membership!

Will be on the phone this morning...

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Quick question regarding redeeming member tickets for this weeks' game v Tigers...

I received my email from Hawks advising that I am in Priority group 2 3pm (Dunstall Club member).. If I have friends who have just a General Admission membership (I'm assuming they're priority group 3??) can I enter their barcodes at the same time so we get seats together?

Or would I have to wait til group 3 goes on sale to try and redeem tickets?

Cheers

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Quick question regarding redeeming member tickets for this weeks' game v Tigers...

I received my email from Hawks advising that I am in Priority group 2 3pm (Dunstall Club member).. If I have friends who have just a General Admission membership (I'm assuming they're priority group 3??) can I enter their barcodes at the same time so we get seats together?

Cheers

FYI, I found my answer on the FAQ section on Hawks website:

"Q I am a Kennedy Club member, and my friend is a general admission member. How will we be able to get seats together?

A To redeem tickets with someone of a different member redemption time, members are required to wait until the latest redemption time, and can then use both barcodes to redeem tickets together.
If tickets are still available in the Kennedy Club area, general admission members can pay the seat upgrade fee to sit with their friend in this area. Alternatively, members can sit together in the general admission area on Level 4."

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

Cheers

I don’t think the stadiums have been policing who’s sitting where to the level of the supposed ‘covid emergency’ level 3 marvel there wasn’t even people on the seating entry like there usually is. it’s a joke they are limiting capacity but not employing extra supervision, in fact there’s less supervision.

Dunstall club should give you options on level 1 2 and 4 (nicely on the wing) just book and get your friend to get a member ga somewhere nearby. Then move to some empty seats

Hopefully once capacity gets up to 75000, we’ll be able to get guest tickets to the dunstall club areas

Ps in pissed we are priority 2 and silvers have been upgraded to 1. If we have our own reserve then why aren’t we registering with the other reserved seating members We better have our stated reserves available when we register

Jul 21, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Thanks. I didnt know that it was happening. I assume its only for 1 year and I'll automatically revert to Silver in 2022
From my own experience the membership will remain at the elevated level next year. If you want to go back to silver next year you will have to call them.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Ps in pissed we are priority 2 and silvers have been upgraded to 1. If we have our own reserve then why aren’t we registering with the other reserved seating members We better have our stated reserves available when we register

This.

Having stumped up for Gold and (then forced KC upgrade to keep my seats) for the past 18 years (I went premium membership in 2003 when we were dogshit), including $1200 for myself and the missus last year for zero return, I go Dunstall Club this year and get sweet * all.

There will be no renewal next season. I am done.

Last edited:
This.

Having stumped up for Gold and (then forced KK upgrade to keep my seats) for the past 18 years (I went premium membership in 2003 when we were dogshit), including $1200 for myself and the missus last year for zero return, I go Dunstall Club this year and get sweet fu** all.

There will be no renewal next season. I am done.
Why mate this is when the club needs you the most the industry is struggling many of the ppl that used to work for the club have been let go. Clubs are struggling to get day to day stuff done due to the shortage of staff. If its the game and club you love you will ride these bumps with a grin

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Why mate this is when the club needs you the most the industry is struggling many of the ppl that used to work for the club have been let go. Clubs are struggling to get day to day stuff done due to the shortage of staff. If its the game and club you love you will ride these bumps with a grin

Mate, that's not the point I am making.

New members are getting upgraded for free. For my loyalty (and for plenty of others), absolutely nothing but a slap in the face. The club was quite happy to milk people when the commercial opportunity arose. They quite happily took millions of donated membership dollars last year too, yet many of the loyal and longstanding have been shafted whilst new members and silver members are raking in free upgrades.

It's disgusting.

Mate, that's not the point I am making.

New members are getting upgraded for free. For my loyalty (and for plenty of others), absolutely nothing but a slap in the face. The club was quite happy to milk people when the commercial opportunity arose. They quite happily took millions of donated membership dollars last year too, yet many of the loyal and longstanding have been shafted whilst new members and silver members are raking in free upgrades.

It's disgusting.
Yes but there is no designated seat. There is no real advantage. Believe me i know because my seats are 1,2,3,4 in my bay and have been for a while The club just wants as many members to show up this year at the ground. If they ever go back to allocated seats those memberships will revert back and they will have to pay.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yes but there is no designated seat. There is no real advantage. Believe me i know because my seats are 1,2,3,4 in my bay and have been for a while The club just wants as many members to show up this year at the ground. If they ever go back to allocated seats those memberships will revert back and they will have to pay.

There is still a priority list. New members are basically being fast-tracked into priority one. Dunstall Club is priority two even though it is a reserved seat. So, given it is priority two and there is no reserved seat due to Covid, those members are likely to be towards the back of level 4 when they would otherwise have a reserved seat on level one or two.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Ironically the silver gold reserves will have less social distancing this way than when many reserved seat holders don't turn up

still dont know why dunstall club AND DUNSTALL CLUB GOLD is priority 2 we - have our own reserves.

Fourpillars if this continues all year we should revolt

Can I just add that covid distancing is an open joke there was precious little supervision on saturday night

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

They are now on selling at full price seating in gold/silver which is presumably already paid for by a member. I’d say they doing ‘alright’

Got our membership cards. I missed the email regarding the choice between scarves and a membership voucher. Have five people associated with a membership and got one (1) voucher for $40. So that's $8 per person. Not only that, didn't get any stickers, lanyards or anything else for the junior members. Not to mention the cards were packed on the 10th of March and got to my house today. Where did they go? Timbuktu? A bloody disgrace.

Apparently I have to buy them now (with my $40 voucher) instead of having them included in the pack at no cost. FFS, Hawthorn. It's cheapskate on a grand scale.

Last edited:
Question, we got 4 adult tickets with our membership for sunday. I have a 3 year old member who doesnt have a barcode do i just bring her in or will we get denied>?

I'd brace for the three year old being denied. Don't know why the three old doesn't have a bar code. All my kids got separate membership cards when they were signed up (as babies), with barcodes.

hebog

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Swansea
Got our membership cards. I missed the email regarding the choice between scarves and a membership voucher. Have five people associated with a membership and got one (1) voucher for $40. So that's $8 per person. Not only that, didn't get any stickers, lanyards or anything else for the junior members. Not to mention the cards were packed on the 10th of March and got to my house today. Where did they go? Timbuktu? A bloody disgrace.

Apparently I have to buy them now (with my $40 voucher) instead of having them included in the pack at no cost. FFS, Hawthorn. It's cheapskate on a grand scale.
Likewise, our membership cards only, no stickers and packed on 10th March.
But we did get our $40 vouchers instead of scarves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back