Recommitted Fischer McAsey - signed contract extension until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Worell is gone as far as I understand it.
Club is worried about Fisher as well.
I'm saying is 70/30 with him leaving.
There is a reason the club went heavy SA, and it wasn't because of Brad Crouch leaving.
The list management guys have a pretty good idea on which players will leave and which ones won't.

He is not that good from what I hear...

Hope tigers stay away

Based off his 2020 performances with the wooden spooners or another source?

I’d get him but I haven’t watched him much and we are desperate for another KPD.

I reckon you need another key forward to send your best key defender back to defence. Naughton is 10x the defender more than a forward

Disagree

Jum and naughton with an overpowered mid will kick ass.

Just need back 6 that can break even
They would kick arse but I reckon we’d need one more defender over 190cm possibly (Williams could play as an undersized one) and a medium small forward. We have none, Wallis is too slow and won’t be at his best and most of our forwards are out of position mids.

They would kick arse but I reckon we’d need one more defender over 190cm and a medium small forward. We have none, Wallis is too slow and won’t be at his best and most of our forwards are out of position mids.

What happened with lonie? I thought he was a shoe in to go to you guys

What happened with lonie? I thought he was a shoe in to go to you guys
That’s what I thought too. Every media outlet was saying it’s happening.

To be honest I didn’t want him because I didn’t think he was any good in the year I watched him (2019)

That’s what I thought too. Every media outlet was saying it’s happening.

To be honest I didn’t want him because I didn’t think he was any good in the year I watched him (2019)

I've always felt he's been under rated because of his size. Has an incredible goal sense and is really getting in the right areas. Could have been the "Dan butler" of 2021 I feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They would kick arse but I reckon we’d need one more defender over 190cm possibly (Williams could play as an undersized one) and a medium small forward. We have none, Wallis is too slow and won’t be at his best and most of our forwards are out of position mids.

Josh Bruce being underperforming/disappointing for the Dogs has not helped you guys much either.
His goal kicking accuracy is nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Josh Bruce being underperforming/disappointing for the Dogs has not helped you guys much either.
His goal kicking accuracy is nowhere near as good as it used to be.
To be fair, he was decent enough in the Pies game. Despite Bruce kicking 1 and Naughton kicking 2, while both had equal disposals (15), I actually rated Bruce as the bigger contributor of the two. His form this year (including the preseason games) seems to be better than last year at the very least (although still a lot of room for improvement). Still not convinced that Naughton + Bruce are the best pairing, and would much rather pull Naughton back into defence. I can't see that ever happening though, and it's pretty obvious our KPD stocks are dogshit, so picking up McAsey as a developing KPD would be great if we can get him cheap enough. Definitely not if he attracts a premium price tag

It’s widely accepted the Saints have met with him. I just wondered if there was something that made you state it’s between us and the Saints.
Some Bulldogs posters on our board have suggested we're either interested or would be a shoe in if we offer a contract

Yeah, he was pretty ordinary in the juniors.

He ranked No.1 for contested marks across the carnival and averaged 14.5 disposals and 6.5 marks per game to win Vic Metro’s MVP in a team featuring top draftees Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson.
Against some pretty average forwards and some very poor inside 50s he got to gobble up. No one is saying he’s poor but he has some serious athletic limitations to overcome at this level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back