MRP / Trib. 2021 MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger could have minimized the level of force, simple as that
Yep...had time to pull up and put the arms up...but continued on like a freight train.

Out of pure speculation and curiosity ... what what be the tribunals view if at the last second ... Danger realised oh * ... I'm going to hit this campaigner high ... then lowered his trajectory and cannonballed into his hips/knees?

What do you think the outcome would be?

Whately saying Williams act was more egregious! Seriously??

Williams 80kg, Danger 91kg.... Williams flittered past, whilst Danger went in full bore.

We should start a drinking game for season 2021, for every tribunal decision this year that Gerard Whately prefaces with “wasn’t as bad as the Williams incident” we have to skull a pint.

Im tipping we’ll be pissed all season.

:p

We should start a drinking game for season 2021, for every tribunal decision this year that Gerard Whately prefaces with “wasn’t as bad as the Williams incident” we have to skull a pint.

Did that *lord actually say that!?!?!?!?!

And poor old robbo is so distraught that he cant even make it in.

Out of pure speculation and curiosity ... what what be the tribunals view if at the last second ... Danger realised oh fu** ... I'm going to hit this campaigner high ... then lowered his trajectory and cannonballed into his hips/knees?

Free kick for being late and that's it I'd think

Complaining about what they say on afl360 when they have been sh*t for about 7+ years . Not sure why people watch it (I haven't for about 6 years). Tired, stale format and hosts are morons

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Don't like a program? Don't watch it.
Pretty simple I'd have thought but then again, I'm sure that some do get a thrill out of whining.

Similar to those that create scenarios about Richmond getting away with murder while Carlton get crucified which is driven by emotion rather than reality..

Screenshot_20210323-210802_AFL.jpg

Out of pure speculation and curiosity ... what what be the tribunals view if at the last second ... Danger realised oh fu** ... I'm going to hit this campaigner high ... then lowered his trajectory and cannonballed into his hips/knees?

Maybe play on metal. Duty of care comes into it . I remember Thug Rose getting lifted and driven down on her head in an MMA bout and I mentioned DOC .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Down the ground free for a late hit

Pretty simple I'd have thought but then again, I'm sure that some do get a thrill out of whining.

Similar to those that create scenarios about Richmond getting away with murder while Carlton get crucified which is driven by emotion rather than reality..

View attachment 1084389

So bottom 7? And people complain we are hard done by, fmd.

Interesting the top 4 in that list have all won flags during that period. Shows that you need to be on the edge

Thank god he was only toying cause he could of really ironed him out .. but it looked stupid act more than bad . Might of cost us four points who knows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo has been playing this game for 15 years...

View attachment 1084389
Now do number of reportable offences v number of suspensions. Ablett got off 3 times last year for incidents he should have been rubbed out for. So did Lynch. Both sides push the envelope where as Carlton players have been too nice for 20 years.

Need to get a Fraser Brown in the side

Whately saying Williams act was more egregious! Seriously??

Williams 80kg, Danger 91kg.... Williams flittered past, whilst Danger went in full bore.

Someone should tell Gerard Whateley that if Geelong weren't such an undisciplined mob, Tom Hawkins never goes in for a sly punch in the 2019 SF against West Coast, he plays in the 19 point PF loss to Richmond rather than being suspended and Geelong end up winning that game with their best forward. And Geelong - become one of the 7 teams in the finals series who would have - beaten GWS in the GF. His head might explode lol.

He supports Geelong. His opinion is flawed.

Last edited:

View attachment 1084389
I count 8 premierships from that top four in that time
No wonder we're in the bottom 7 that is where we have practically finished on the ladder in that time.
The proof is in the pudding, it shows how to win premierships.

and Sydney is the proof that you can play hard accountable football - sans the need to get suspended.
You are right JB but the hit rate for success seems rather low though.
If we want Successful sustainability, which seems to weigh heavily in favor the teams whom play closer to the edge (12 out of the last 15 premierships).
To win multiple premierships, which is what a lot of people on here want, then this is what we must become.
I'm not saying we go out and thug, more so leaning towards being less timid to give away fifties and making our opponents really earn it.

View attachment 1084389

Doesn't really mean a great deal, the top 4 teams all play with aggression and hard football, which is why they won premierships. Have you watched us play since 2010?
I would suggest if the system worked properly and was consistent a few of those top teams would have higher numbers once you take into account the let offs for the good bloke factor. Ablett, Selwood, Hodge, Lynch, Rance, Cotchin have all been let off incidents where they rightfully should have copped a week or 2 if the MRO had bee consistent.

I feel they got this one right and had no where to go after the Williams suspension and I'm fine with it, as long as they are consistent.

They got Astbury wrong and Daniher, You can't throw elbows in a game under the laws of the game so get rid of it before someone gets a broken jaw, and its just a matter of time before it happens

You are right JB but the hit rate for success seems rather low though.
If we want Successful sustainability, which seems to weigh heavily in favor the teams whom play closer to the edge (12 out of the last 15 premierships).
To win multiple premierships, which is what a lot of people on here want, then this is what we must become.
I'm not saying we go out and thug, more so leaning towards being less timid to give away fifties and making our opponents really earn it.

I am totally on your side of the argument - mongrel factor has to go up by a lot - but I think hard tackles repeated over and over and over again - is the definition of mongrel - that along with immediate and nasty retaliation at players from opposiiton who cross the line - and who gives a Fck about suspension in those situations.

Astbury's elbow to Plowmans face crossed the line - he should have copped the same back - immediately - and maybe the game result would have been different and I will go one further= thefact that Plow jumped back up and no one came in for retribution- allowed the AFL to break their own rules and gloss over the incident - it ws a direct hit to a players head - and only luck saw no broken jaw or mashed nose.

Most will disagree with me on above- and thats fine with me.

I am totally on your side of the argument - mongrel factor has to go up by a lot - but I think hard tackles repeated over and over and over again - is the definition of mongrel - that along with immediate and nasty retaliation at players from opposiiton who cross the line - and who gives a Fck about suspension in those situations.

Astbury's elbow to Plowmans face crossed the line - he should have copped the same back - immediately - and maybe the game result would have been different and I will go one further= thefact that Plow jumped back up and npo one came in for retribution- allowed the AFL to bek their own rules and gloss over the incident - it ws a direct hit to a players head - and only luck saw no broken. jaw or mashed nose.

Most will disagree with me on above- and thats fine with me.
Don’t disagree but our boys should have come and rag dolled the gormless peanut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back