Dangerfield on Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Riewoldt not holding back on Danger tonight on 360. Interesting? It really stands out and seems quite pointed; possibly personal? I’m sure he’ll hold that line in incidences with players from his own club. In fairness, I don’t have anything against Jack Riewoldt; think he’s an okay guy, if not the brightest little fish - but tonight’s stance seemed really strong and pointed

He put the sympathisers to Dangerfield in their place. Like Dangerfield not one had expressed concern for Kelly. What Jack said was spot on. The only person we should feel sorry for is the bloke with concussion and a broken nose

Geez are people are still crying about this, he rolled the dice with going the big shirtfront and crapped out by stuffing it up and collecting the bloke's head, now has to pay the penalty.

It's not hard to understand.
Actually agree with this. Also, think it is a fair precedence as long as it remains that way. That said, the intent from Dangerfield was nowhere near that of Zac Williams. The outcome much worse, therefore it‘s the risk you take, I guess. In the end, you’ve gotta feel for a bloke who went to work and ended up with a broken nose and concussion

Jack Riewoldt not holding back on Danger tonight on 360. Interesting? It really stands out and seems quite pointed; possibly personal? I’m sure he’ll hold that line in incidences with players from his own club. In fairness, I don’t have anything against Jack Riewoldt; think he’s an okay guy, if not the brightest little fish - but tonight’s stance seemed really strong and pointed
His main thrust was correct though?

He put the sympathisers to Dangerfield in their place. Like Dangerfield not one had expressed concern for Kelly. What Jack said was spot on. The only person we should feel sorry for is the bloke with concussion and a broken nose
Don’t disagree with this

He may have gained some self control and media savviness in recent years due to being burned in the past, but he's still Jack Riewoldt - passionate bloke and not the kind to mince words
Yeah, it just stood out as I’m not sure many current players would be as strong knowing that them or a player in their team could soon be in a very similar situation. Just wondered where the motivation came from for his extra intensity in the comment

not much of a difference. The point that dangers head is lower then kellys head is clearly shown in that chart. If danger jumped his head would of been higher not lower. It would of been dangers jaw/nose hitting the top of Kelly’s head If he had jumped.
But not low enough. If you go the bump, you're now responsible for where you're head is as well.

This will make bumping more difficult to execute no doubt, but there are plenty of solid bumps each weekend where the heads don't clash. Sometimes the technique is poor but they get lucky. Dangerfield's technique was poor and he didn't get lucky.

Said it before. If we want to take accidental head clashes out of the game, let's have all players remain 1.5 metres apart covid style at all times. Give them a feather duster and if they tickle the opponent hard enough with the ball, that can count as the tackle.

Can we keep you 1.5m away from any electronic device so you stop posting your shyte?

I don’t disagree with the stance at all, but it would’ve been nice to see him hold the same energy towards Astbury’s wild elbow which could’ve been just as damaging. One issue at a time I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it just stood out as I’m not sure many current players would be as strong knowing that them or a player in their team could soon be in a very similar situation. Just wondered where the motivation came from for his extra intensity in the comment
Maybe he genuinely doesn’t want to see his colleagues (at all clubs) getting brain damage. Now, if only the AFLPA president thought that way.

Could it actually have been just as damaging? Big part of the damage was concussion due to the severity of the impact which whiplash would play a part in...

From that position can you actually throw a severe elbow?

Feel like there's a serious disparity in force when comparing the two ...

I don’t disagree with the stance at all, but it would’ve been nice to see him hold the same energy towards Astbury’s wild elbow which could’ve been just as damaging. One issue at a time I guess.

But not low enough. If you go the bump, you're now responsible for where you're head is as well.

This will make bumping more difficult to execute no doubt, but there are plenty of solid bumps each weekend where the heads don't clash. Sometimes the technique is poor but they get lucky. Dangerfield's technique was poor and he didn't get lucky.
How do you do good technique to avoid head clashes?

So it went exactly as predicted and based on how the categories dictate.

Yep. Given the minimum penalty the AFL could get away with against one of their own and a protected football personality.

They penalised the action and didnt factor in just how severe the injury was.

If it was a no name player knocking out Dangerfield it would have been 5-6 weeks IMO.

How do you do good technique to avoid head clashes?
Bend at the hips is your first go. Tuck your head in. Plenty of example each week.

Sometimes you'll have poor technique and get lucky. Danger didn't.

No one is disputing it's harder to bump now. The AFL have deliberately gone down that path and for good reason. But people have been saying the bump is dead for about a decade now and we still see plenty each week.

Would have been nice if Jake Kelly's captain and former captain shared a similar view instead of covering for their mate ...

Could it actually have been just as damaging? Big part of the damage was concussion due to the severity of the impact which whiplash would play a part in...

From that position can you actually throw a severe elbow?

Feel like there's a serious disparity in force when comparing the two ...

You don’t need much force to do damage with an elbow. Shouldn’t be throwing them regardless.

So I'm guessing all the people who think accidental head clashes are worth suspensions all think that Nick Riewoldt should have got a month for this?

Came in at speed, hit a vulnerable player etc. Both a bump and tackle are legal if performed properly. Same thing between this and Danger was a head clash which neither player intended

Jack Riewoldt is a ******* w***er. When Sydney stack nailed Viney with his bump he was on 360 talking about how great it was ( fair enough, I loved it too) but the only difference between stack and danger was an ACCIDENTAL clash of heads.

Calling stack a hero and danger a flog is double standard horse s**t. Spineless little piss ant is Jack Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back