XBX Xbox Series X/S - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny thing... I have the Xbox and PS5 both plugged in to the TV. I was using the Xbox to play music but had it paused during some meetings and after a while it shut off due to power saving.

The PS5, which was turned off, BOOTED ON AUTOMATICALLY as soon as the Xbox turned off. It was almost like it was jealous... "hey bitch, you were playing with that other guy, well how about some fun with me now?"

... I then proceeded to a game of NHL 21 in the middle of the work day.

Funny thing... I have the Xbox and PS5 both plugged in to the TV. I was using the Xbox to play music but had it paused during some meetings and after a while it shut off due to power saving.

The PS5, which was turned off, BOOTED ON AUTOMATICALLY as soon as the Xbox turned off. It was almost like it was jealous... "hey b*tch, you were playing with that other guy, well how about some fun with me now?"

... I then proceeded to a game of NHL 21 in the middle of the work day.
Mine does the same thing. I think because the TV automatically switches to the previously used source after the Xbox source goes away. That then sends the signal to my PS to turn on. Drives me nuts.

Will try... I want it when I turn on either device it turns on the TV, but I don't want this. I don't find it that annoying though, more funny than anything (at elast for now).

Anyway to turn off the auto throttling of downloads whilst in a game? My internet is more than capable of playing online and downloading a game at the same time without issue yet the Xbox automatically slows the download to almost zero, even whilst playing offline games.

Anyway to turn off the auto throttling of downloads whilst in a game? My internet is more than capable of playing online and downloading a game at the same time without issue yet the Xbox automatically slows the download to almost zero, even whilst playing offline games.
There's something going on about this in the Xbox insider program so watch this space on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ordered on Tuesday and it arrived today.

Australia Post's idea of a "safe location" was at my front door with the doormat sitting on top of the box :mad: Luckily my parents don't live too far away, so my Mum picked it up for me and took it to their place for safe keeping. I probably should have had it delivered there to begin with, but I didn't think of it when I was madly trying to order it on my phone while on the bus.

Today is going to draaaaaaaaaag.

Ordered on Tuesday and it arrived today.

Australia Post's idea of a "safe location" was at my front door with the doormat sitting on top of the box :mad: Luckily my parents don't live too far away, so my Mum picked it up for me and took it to their place for safe keeping. I probably should have had it delivered there to begin with, but I didn't think of it when I was madly trying to order it on my phone while on the bus.

Today is going to draaaaaaaaaag.
You look sick, I think you should have a covid test and go home.

OK, so I haven't actually played a game yet, but so far the experience has been smooth as silk.

Hooked it all up with my external HDD plugged in, no issues with detecting my games or any sort of DRM bullshittery. It told me which games were optimised for Series X, and I transferred them across to the fancy new Series X SSD. It downloaded a few patches which I am assuming are Smart Delivery related for fancy Series X effects. It also told me which games were optimised for One X, which I never owned, so I guess I'll see improvements in those games too.

This morning I turned on my One S (which still has games installed on it's HDD), the Series X detected it on the network, and before I left for work I started copying them across to the Series X.

Not sure what I will play first, but leaning towards Valhalla.

I know there are Series X optimised games, and even One X optimised games, but what about the rest, do they play (even marginally) better on the Series X too?

I'm thinking AFL Evolution 2 in particular, because I just got a shiny new console and I want to play a crappy last gen game on it because footy. A solid frame rate would be nice.

I know there are Series X optimised games, and even One X optimised games, but what about the rest, do they play (even marginally) better on the Series X too?

I'm thinking AFL Evolution 2 in particular, because I just got a shiny new console and I want to play a crappy last gen game on it because footy. A solid frame rate would be nice.
You get "brute force improvements" with every game. Consider a 1080p, 60 fps title. If it had locked frame rate but dynamic resolution you'll still be at 1080p more often. If it had variable frame rate you'll be hitting 60fps more steadily even during more graphically intensive sections.

And loading time improvements across the board.

They announced a camo one as well, so 4.
And no doubt they'll relaunch their custom controller thing soon too. Whilst with Sony I'm stuck with the white controller that gets dirty very quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back