Dangerfield on Kelly

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that really true though or are ya just saying that? Is a shoulder on shoulder "bump" the same as putting your shoulder into someone's front while they're disposing of the football and not prepared to brace/defend themselves?

A bump like Stack's can have similar consequences to Dangerfield's "bump" but the odds are much lower. Because of the nature of the contact.

In saying that, a fair bump is great and exciting but I also don't believe it's worshippable and makes players a hero etc. The fact that we fawn over players who are reckless and throw their weight around with no regard for their own safety or others (ala Dangerfield) is the reason that these incidences are still regularly occuring.

I would prefer a tackle 90% of the time, purely for the fact that it's a more practical and effective football play.

The front on smother . Now that is a thing of beauty.

It was legal for Stack to bump or tackle. Danger’s only legal option was to run straight past Kelly. Instead he chose to go through him. They are totally different.
Haha that's absolute crap. Run straight past a bloke.
People like you want to ruin this once great game desperately

Run along little one. Your not even in the same park with this argument l. Making yourself look a little bit silly
Funniest part is if that's done to a Tigers player you guys would sook harder than other supporter base.

It's unfortunately the same from every player and coach in the league.

They all prattle on about safety and protecting the opponent's head until one of their own is the perpetrator then they do whatever they can to downplay it.

I get it, stakes are high and you want your best players available but I'm sick to death of players and coaches trying to piss in my pocket because the reality is that they couldn't give 2 shits about the safety of other players if it means assigning fault to any one of their own.

To see Danger pretent he wasn't trying to bump and claim he was just protecting himself is downright pathetic. Have some balls and say "Yep, I f’ed up and the important thing now is Jake Kelly's recovery."

Credit to Scott, he got half-way there with his words, but was still mealy mouthed about it. How refreshing would it have been to see him say "Yep, Paddy chose to bump, messed it up, and he'll have to pay the consequences"?
This is an excellent comment. No malice, but I chose to bump and I’m responsible for the head clash, therefore the concussion which we clearly want to stamp out (minimise, as it is impossible to stamp out). Just can’t handle the people saying Danger is some kind of thug and goes out to knock players out - which, in fairness, is predominantly some Richmond supporters on BF, so perhaps I’m giving it too much relevance

Haha that's absolute crap. Run straight past a bloke.
People like you want to ruin this once great game desperately

People like me want to see blokes get through a career without life long damage to their brain.

Do you genuinely think Danger needed to bump in that situation? It was dirty and he lined him up. If removing that s**t is ruining the game then so be it. Ruin the game. Said the same for Williams last week.

People like me want to see blokes get through a career without life long damage to their brain.

Do you genuinely think Danger needed to bump in that situation? It was dirty and he lined him up. If removing that sh*t is ruining the game then so be it. Ruin the game. Said the same for Williams last week.

Agreed and I thought Astbury was stupid and extremely lucky.

Do you genuinely think Danger needed to bump in that situation? It was dirty and he lined him up. If removing that sh*t is ruining the game then so be it. Ruin the game. Said the same for Williams last week.

Not really what I'm talking about, I'm talking about all this sniper and personal attacks on danger for what is nothing more than an accident when in the same scenario minus a head clash everyone would applaud it. That's moronic.

If Stacks bump is perfect the only thing danger did wrong was be unlucky

Funniest part is if that's done to a Tigers player you guys would sook harder than other supporter base.

The bump? Na most reasonable tigers supporters would accept it was stupid and would take the suspension. Just about everyone in our autopsy thread thought Astbury would be suspended. There of course are outliers but we wouldn’t be on here carrying on like a petulant child about something that’s not even comparable

The bump? Na most reasonable tigers supporters would accept it was stupid and would take the suspension. Just about everyone in our autopsy thread thought Astbury would be suspended. There of course are outliers but we wouldn’t be on here carrying on like a petulant child about something that’s not even comparable
Yet tigs are in here having a whinge about Danger because of an accident in the GF.
Biggest sooks going round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the AFL rules, it is not an accident if a player chooses to bump

He is deemed to be responsible for the clash of heads.

Capiche?
Factually speaking, the clash of heads was an unintended consequence of the bump, I.e., accidental.

Side on my ass haha that's straight up the middle

View attachment 1084583View attachment 1084583

You have no idea what you are talking about

Please just stop

One Foot is on the ground, the other in the air because that's how running works

1616537161551.png

And stop showing dumb angles

1616537202453.png

That is perfectly on the shoulder and Viney has the ball, stop talking s**t and claiming he got him in the jaw, if he got him in the jaw Viney isn't getting up.

You have no idea what you are talking about

Please just stop

One Foot is on the ground, the other in the air because that's how running works

View attachment 1084593

And stop showing dumb angles

View attachment 1084594

That is perfectly on the shoulder and Viney has the ball, stop talking sh*t and claiming he got him in the jaw, if he got him in the jaw Viney isn't getting up.

Hahahaha that second photo is after the initial impact. How stupid do you think people are

Ok smart guy show me where he gets him on the jaw
Slow the video down to quarter speed and watch it yourself. The image you posted is the recoil from after the initial impact. The balls already out of Vineys arms. Therefore it's not the initial moment of impact.

Slow the video down to quarter speed and watch it yourself. The image you posted is the recoil from after the initial impact. The balls already out of Vineys arms. Therefore it's not the initial moment of impact.

Trust me if that bump hits viney in the jaw he wouldn’t have played again that year, as he would have had his jaw wired

You can just say sorry I can't show you, it's fine to admit you are wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back