Player Watch #21 Errol Gulden - born to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Gulden.jpg

Errol Gulden
[Player Profile TBA]

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe better!!

I'm not sure I'll see a better debut than Heeney's for our team. I still remember being outraged at his skill level in a shitty wet weather game. The hardness he played with. And then the match-winner of course.

I'm not sure I'll see a better debut than Heeney's for our team. I still remember being outraged at his skill level in a shitty wet weather game. The hardness he played with. And then the match-winner of course.

I was sold on Heeney when in the first Sydney Derby that year he had 10 touches for 4 goals and 4 score assists or something like that.

I was sold on Heeney when in the first Sydney Derby that year he had 10 touches for 4 goals and 4 score assists or something like that.

Yep. His performance on the weekend was a nice little reminder that despite the revolving door of classy kids popping up everywhere, no one on our list has his talent.

Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
To see a player in his first game kick multiple goals and set up goals and be in a chain of handballs and kicks that resulted in near goals and was everywhere. I purposely used bad sentence to emphasize how good this kid can and showed he can be. You should always use one thought one sentence. I did this for effect. And I do not think Im getting ahead of myself. He has form all the way through the juniors. Despite his height. I believe he will have more impact on this team than any Swans Academy player has.

Slingshot Footy

All Australian
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I could be wrong but I imagine generally speaking the eventual rising star award winner is usually a nominee from the first 5 rounds.

It definitely helps when your narrative is written earlier on. Let's hope McDonald and Campbell can register their names sooner rather than later as well.

mcs095

All Australian
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
There were some pretty good performances but he would have been dead stiff to have missed. It has happened.

True but he was very influential on the result as well - not just a good performance in a team winning, but a critical performance in a team winning. He was the spark that got us going early in the 2nd with 10 minutes of crazily good football.

mcs095

All Australian
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Yep. His performance on the weekend was a nice little reminder that despite the revolving door of classy kids popping up everywhere, no one on our list has his talent.

Was great to see Isaac 'Harriet Jump Jet' Heeney going hard and at full bore. He has that pure class and athleticism that few others in our game have. Lets hope the emergence of quality in other areas frees up the focus on him a bit, and that he can stay fit and take that next steps towards the upper echelon of footballers in the league like we all know he can.

on fox tv, Errol mentioned he was named for the Turkish Erol (one "r") whereas in Australia we spell it with two "r"s.
Erol is a Turkish given name or surname meaning "brave". (source Wiki)
How appropriate :hearteyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Watched him being interview on 360 last night. Very well spoken young man.

I didn't realise his dad's Turkish. He said his first name has Turkish origins but with the Australian spelling.

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
He was directly involved in the first 4 goals of the 2nd quarter.
Q2 (clock counting down, not up)
19:30 - Gulden to Mills, Goal.
18:30 - Gulden out-marks Danial Rich, runs the wing and gets another possession, keeps running to the forward pocket leading to...
17:40 - Heeney to Gulden - Goal
14:50 - Gulden to Heeney - Goal
13:30 - Kennedy to Gulden - Goal

Guy is a gun.
Those 7 minutes blew the game apart.
Incredible !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back