Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Great photo jackass. I think that one may have been taken a few years back. Check out the latest ones in the training gallery on the CFC website. All that defined musculature seems to have disappeared :oops:

:) Great photo jackass. I think that one may have been taken a few years back. Check out the latest ones in the training gallery on the CFC website. All that defined musculature seems to have disappeared :oops:

Yeah, the arms aren't as ripped but they still have the same girth, not too dissimilar to JDG. I don't see his rig as an issue. I'd happily trade his for mine.

With regard to Degoey, just ask the opposition where they don't want to see him line up. No doubt they would answer- close to goal. So that's where you play him.
As far as Sier is concerned, I think he is a player who needs some time to work into his game Give him a month.

If the queries about Sier’s fitness, or aerobic fitness, are true - how can that be after five years in the system?

Is it a physiological thing - meaning he may never get there. Or is it a commitment/attitude issue, which has been hinted at.

Just find it mind boggling that he might not be fit enough.

We were sitting with a good view of the bench last Friday night and he spent a lot of time on the pine, or walking up and down the boundary.

If the queries about Sier’s fitness, or aerobic fitness, are true - how can that be after five years in the system?

Is it a physiological thing - meaning he may never get there. Or is it a commitment/attitude issue, which has been hinted at.

We were sitting with a good view of the bench last Friday night and he spent a lot of time on the pine, or walking up and down the boundary.
There's no way a professional outfit would persist with someone for half a decade if they couldn't get their cardio level up high enough to perform... right?

What I find mind boggling is that we've played him solely in the midfield the whole time, despite it being a position where you need a tank and smarts and he doesn't appear to have either. He'd be a bloody good back pocket by now and if he had've developed the smartsw and fitness we'd now be able to look at him in the guts.

He’s got some nice inside tricks and clever handballs but if he plays this week it’s time to show his A Game and use that big body of his. Time is running out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s got some nice inside tricks and clever handballs but if he plays this week it’s time to show his A Game and use that big body of his. Time is running out.

It's actually his big body and burst speed we need him to start showing. There were times even last week that I felt like he was starting to look a bit like Swanny in the guts, but he needs to back himself more and lift his intensity and work rate to have more of an impact on more contests.

Last edited:
I think if we give him a big block of games, and get him in there for plenty of centre bounce attendances, we won’t regret it.

If that fails, then he’s never going to make it.

Similarly we all heard that DeGoey had done a mountain of extra fitness work over the pre-season and was in the best shape of his career but at times against the Dogs, like Sier, Henry and a couple of others, he looked completely cooked. Perhaps it’s something to do with programmes implemented by our fitness and conditioning staff?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think if we give him a big block of games, and get him in there for plenty of centre bounce attendances, we won’t regret it.

If that fails, then he’s never going to make it.

Not only goes he need to increase his TOG and number of clearances and possessions, Sier also needs to KICK the ball more often. From memory only one kick against Doggies, all his other disposals by hand. He’s actually a strong kick too, so it’s not like he should be avoiding it.

Similarly we all heard that DeGoey had done a mountain of extra fitness work over the pre-season and was in the best shape of his career but at times against the Dogs, like Sier, Henry and a couple of others, he looked completely cooked. Perhaps it’s something to do with programmes implemented by our fitness and conditioning staff?

Inexcusable for the club if the bolded is true.

I'm not sure Sier will ever be anything special. To me he is a pure inside mid who doee not impact a game anything like the really good inside mids. If he doesn't become much more creative and actually impact a game then he is just another Collingwood player who is over rated by the club and supporters. I don't think he will have a long career

We have too many of these non-performers on the list.
We persist far too long with them.
If there’s still an issue with his tank, the club should be aware of it.
So why is he still on our list?

Or it’s got to do with the reduced rotations and the depth of the dogs midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back