Memberships 2021 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 55,832)

Remove this Banner Ad

Got my pack yesterday, gotta admit, the pin with years of membership got me. If i ever considered relinquishing my membership that would convince me not to.

Also means my son (due in July) will always have one, pretty cool he can be a 20 year member at his 20th Bday.
25 year old here with a 23 year member pin checking in!

Is Marvel really going to care this year?

My son and his mates have got a scam going where they buy free kids tickets to the soccer for a booking fee only and they scan through no issues. The league is just happy to have people in the crowd so no-one stops them.

Got my pack yesterday, gotta admit, the pin with years of membership got me. If i ever considered relinquishing my membership that would convince me not to.

Also means my son (due in July) will always have one, pretty cool he can be a 20 year member at his 20th Bday.

They did that to me when I changed from a single to a family 10 years ago. I get a 10 year pin despite having only missed a handful of years since the late 1990s. It gave me the shits and membership services reckon that they don't have a record of it before then. When I asked about it they acted like I was trying to scam them out of something and lying. My life isn't so small that having a pin with fake years on it is my main aim.

They did that to me when I changed from a single to a family 10 years ago. I get a 10 year pin despite having only missed a handful of years since the late 1990s. It gave me the shits and membership services reckon that they don't have a record of it before then. When I asked about it they acted like I was trying to scam them out of something and lying. My life isn't so small that having a pin with fake years on it is my main aim.

I gotta admit, the actual membership department isnt great, i called them last week about the upgrade promo they ran and i got similar responses and accusations.

I made it explicitly clear i didnt care if they WERENT doing the upgrades i just wanted to check.

Really really poor customer service.

They've been nothing but fantastic for me and I've had to get in touch with them a bunch of times over the past few seasons.

Right now probably isn't the best time to make judgement on them considering the whole situation.

They've been nothing but fantastic for me and I've had to get in touch with them a bunch of times over the past few seasons.

Right now probably isn't the best time to make judgement on them considering the whole situation.

Ive had both with one girl who was fantastic and extremely helpful. But this other one was a nightmare and quite abrasive and deliberately unhelpful.

I had one bloke who was incredibly helpful and even emailed me directly so when I had issues he was able to respond promptly saving me another call. Just lucky I guess. Working for a call centre I know what it's like and if they are as busy as I think it would be a nightmare. You just have to treat every member with same courtesy and respect I think. Unfortunately some don't. These are the people I wonder why they work in jobs like that...

I had one bloke who was incredibly helpful and even emailed me directly so when I had issues he was able to respond promptly saving me another call. Just lucky I guess. Working for a call centre I know what it's like and if they are as busy as I think it would be a nightmare. You just have to treat every member with same courtesy and respect I think. Unfortunately some don't. These are the people I wonder why they work in jobs like that...

We have a large membership services team (our organisation has 165,000 members worldwide) and we cater for something like 2000 events a year (as well as membership renewal and education programs). We do have a bit of a luxury in that we are in every state and about 12 overseas locations so our events are spread out over the year, and not having 30k people trying to get to one venue every second week.

A difficult job but if you are a member based organisation, the ultimate thing that is important is the member experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im in the exact same boat Gringo - been a member since I was a teenager, went to the army and missed 2 years and now it's 14 year member when it should be well over 20. Had a very similar conversation with our membership department.
In any event, aside from that I've found them to be nothing short of wonderful when i have queries about my kids membership stuff - as someone else mentioned, it'll be great to see both my kids with 20 year pins and i'll be sure i keep up the payments for them so they dont get stooged like dad!

They were very quick to respond but ultimately completely and utterly unhelpful. I’d say the matter I asked about isn’t really closed either but they made it abundantly clear they won’t be responding.

Honestly my expectations on this sort of stuff are pretty low to start but I was disappointed on this occasion.

We have a large membership services team (our organisation has 165,000 members worldwide) and we cater for something like 2000 events a year (as well as membership renewal and education programs). We do have a bit of a luxury in that we are in every state and about 12 overseas locations so our events are spread out over the year, and not having 30k people trying to get to one venue every second week.

A difficult job but if you are a member based organisation, the ultimate thing that is important is the member experience.
Couldn't agree more. I think there are certain jobs where if you don't like what you are doing and it involves being helpful and dealing with clients/members/customers you should get out of it. Thankfully I really love what I do (because it involves a LOT of talking lol)

Yeah had same sort of thing happen
They thought I was trying to get one over them

Anybody else still waiting for their pack?
I mean I know there've been issues out of China etc but I got an email over two weeks ago that it had arrived in Aus.
I know there’s nothing I need in there ie membership card, but two games into the season (nearly) is pushing it.

Anybody else still waiting for their pack?
I mean I know there've been issues out of China etc but I got an email over two weeks ago that it had arrived in Aus.
I know there’s nothing I need in there ie membership card, but two games into the season (nearly) is pushing it.

Got mine yesterday and my mate is still waiting on his.

Its not great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back