AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Out for 4 weeks with a hamstring - 8/4

Remove this Banner Ad

Give him time. Scott Lucas, Caracella, Blumfield etc all did there time in the VFL.

Only standouts like Lloyd force there way into the senior sides.

I hope he and Reid are made to earn senior selection, it will be better for their development.

Give him time. Scott Lucas, Caracella, Blumfield etc all did there time in the VFL.

Only standouts like Lloyd force there way into the senior sides.

I hope he and Reid are made to earn senior selection, it will be better for their development.
I agree in theory but why play behind less talented players who aren’t performing at AFL level?

Would rather see Archie in the seniors than more abject mediocrity from the likes of Ham and Cahill.

VFL report had him as a standout i agree he's ahead of Snelling,Ham and Cahill
He will be but I watched him closely on the weekend and he still has a bit to do however in saying that I would not be surprised if he gets in soon.

Archie Perkins
“Perkins played midfield mainly. He won a lot of his own ball and got tagged after half-time, but still found lots of the ball in the second half. He made good decisions, was very explosive and similar to last week, has fitted in very well to the way we want to play. We’ve just got to get the balance right of playing him forward and in midfield.”

Archie Perkins
“Perkins played midfield mainly. He won a lot of his own ball and got tagged after half-time, but still found lots of the ball in the second half. He made good decisions, was very explosive and similar to last week, has fitted in very well to the way we want to play. We’ve just got to get the balance right of playing him forward and in midfield.”

They must have missed the first half as Fin Magginness went to him in the first quarter and stayed with him all day. :cool:

I agree in theory but why play behind less talented players who aren’t performing at AFL level?

Would rather see Archie in the seniors than more abject mediocrity from the likes of Ham and Cahill.

As Lyon said about JUH this morning, if its good enough for a player like Michael Tuck to play 80+ games in the reserves before playing over 400 in the seniors its good enough for any player to earn his keep.

You only have to look at Draper and Ridley as recent examples.

Plus he along with other draftees hasn't played for a year.

As for Ham and Cahill - I thought Ham was OK, Cahill though should be in VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Lyon said about JUH this morning, if its good enough for a player like Michael Tuck to play 80+ games in the reserves before playing over 400 in the seniors its good enough for any player to earn his keep.

You only have to look at Draper and Ridley as recent examples.

Plus he along with other draftees hasn't played for a year.

As for Ham and Cahill - I thought Ham was OK, Cahill though should be in VFL.
I have no problem with Perkins playing VFL....just not when Cahill and Ham are playing seniors.

Anyway, it’s not a situation I would imagine will continue for very long.

Just a tip. If you are expecting him to be an inside bull then you have backed the wrong horse. Not saying he is soft or doesn't go hard but his best is his outside / through traffic game with some clearance ability. He is not an inside machine. He is a decent mark. I can actually see him play more wing than midfield.

Last edited:
Just a tip. If you are expecting him to be an inside bull then you have backed the wrong horse. Not saying he is soft or doesn't go hard but his best is his outside / through traffic game with decent clearance ability. He is not an inside machine. He is a decent mark. I can actually see him play more wing than midfield.

I think we need a glossary of terms.

Just a tip. If you are expecting him to be an inside bull then you have backed the wrong horse. Not saying he is soft or doesn't go hard but his best is his outside / through traffic game with decent clearance ability. He is not an inside machine. He is a decent mark. I can actually see him play more wing than midfield.

Sounds like a similar skillset to Kyle Reimers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back