News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

JohnnyD

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
The opposite is the 3 series of Get Shorty, absolutely brilliant, great fun.

Never even heard of it but loved the movie Get Shorty...a very underrated John Travolta film...will have to check it out...doesn't look like it is on Prime or Netflix though...

Its been a while since I have rewatched this classic and its due for another viewing, arguably the two greatest actors of our time in an all time classic scene.

Its been a few years, but it has rarely aged in my opinion. It is now over 25+ years old too.

SmugFlawedAnhinga-small.gif

I remember an old boss wanted to have a "discussion" with me about the way I managed my staff, with this scene vivid and fresh in my mind having rewatched it in the 2000s a few times I "tried" to act as cocky and confident as DeNiro. :$

:drunk:

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Its been a while since I have rewatched this classic and its due for another viewing, arguably the two greatest actors of our time in an all time classic scene.

Its been a few years, but it has rarely aged in my opinion. It is now over 25+ years old too.

SmugFlawedAnhinga-small.gif

I remember an old boss wanted to have a "discussion" with me about the way I managed my staff, with this scene vivid and fresh in my mind having rewatched it in the 2000s a few times I "tried" to act as cocky and confident as DeNiro. :$

:drunk:
Heat is a long ass movie that drags a bit but the highlights are pure gold. The robbery scenes, Pacino and Deniro's chat, the ending. *chefs kiss*

Another reason I loved the ending. Moby's 'god moving over the face of the waters'.

Last edited:
Heat is a long ass movie that drags a bit but the highlights are pure gold. The robbery scenes, Pacino and Deniro's chat, the ending. *chefs kiss*

Another reason I loved the ending. Moby's 'god moving over the face of the waters'.

When you start quoting this scene and that scenes as great scenes. You really end up with the entire movie full of great scenes and acting.

I liked De Niro abandoning his lover with the line about 30 seconds at the airport. Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk.

6oeqcisbzxxz.jpg

I loved Pacino's scene with the TV. That was Gold Quality movie scene. You think as a cop he would typically beat the f**k out of his wife's lover. He does even worse, he makes him his bitch. (that was something that really wasnt the term used back then, it just felt intimidating and threatening).

Him booting the TV out of the car, shows that the TV was a symbol lol. I was smart kid back then lol. :drunk:

1*rMiF8JQKXIiQprUwcMNMMw.jpeg

I loved Ashley Judd's scene, where as much as she hated her husband, she still loved him enough to save him with the hand signal. So much power and delivery with a simple hand gesture. Note she would have lost everything if she was caught. Everything. Jail for a decade. Son lost to foster care.

Today's modern woman would have divorced him then posted his location on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Then she would use the opportunity to get on MAFS as a recent divorcee to claim her 15mins of fame.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I loved Ashley Judd's scene, where as much as she hated her husband, she still loved him enough to save him with the hand signal. So much power and delivery with a simple hand gesture. Note she would have lost everything if she was caught. Everything. Jail for a decade. Son lost to foster care.

Today's modern woman would have divorced him then posted his location on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Then she would use the opportunity to get on MAFS as a recent divorcee to claim her 15mins of fame.
The scene where she waves him away so he can avoid falling into a trap was heart breaking. What a good woman though.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Read a fan theory that has blown my mind:

Walter Sobchak was never in Vietnam
One of my favourite parts of that film was them botching up spreading Donnies ashes. "God damn you Walter, you ******* arsehole, everything such a ******* travesty with you man"

The Big Lebowski has got to be close to my favourite comedy of all time.

tumblr_o16b84UgCx1qaezqco1_500.gifv

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
My wife's favorite all time movie is The Princess Bride, and we just did our annual viewing over the weekend.

I have to admit, its climbing the ranks in my all time list as well...

The scene where she waves him away so he can avoid falling into a trap was heart breaking. What a good woman though.

Val Kilmer acting after that was brilliant, knew he was in deep deep trouble, lost his wife and kid and the cops onto him as well.

A broken man, still had the mindset to keep cool and not be suspicious when evading the cops.

Oct 7, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just watched "the scheme" on Netflix about a crazy FBI sting on NCAA player payments.

Heard mention somewhere on this board about a doco regarding a dodgy father-son type adoption of a young prodigy in the US so they could play for a specific college team.

If anyone can wade through that vague description and give me a name of the show that would be awesome.

Also The Scheme is definitely worthy a watch - similar in style to miniseries McMillions. Also great.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Back