Position 2021 Rucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
i hope many do..

so far 2300 people have traded out Grundy

Part of me wouldn't mind another sub-par Round from Gawndy which would no doubt see a large number of teams blink first and downgrade them to pleb rucks before the first price changes, foregoing vital rookie correction trades in the process. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Feb 27, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Part of me wouldn't mind another sub-par Round from Gawndy which would no doubt see a large number of teams blink first and downgrade them to pleb rucks before the first price changes, foregoing vital rookie correction trades in the process. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
also the more people who trade them out means more of a pod they become i suppose?

I love my advanced strategy as much as the next bloke / blokette, but I’ll be ****ed if I actively want to cheer for the most expensive shittrucks in SC history to pump out another week of listless ******* dross.
I just want the campaigners to score some ******* points lololol

timtimtim

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon

The silver lining in all of this is that it’s made for an interesting start to the season

Gawndy set and forget would have been boring

Now the flow on effect will hopefully be more diverse teams...

Feb 27, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
The silver lining in all of this is that it’s made for an interesting start to the season

Gawndy set and forget would have been boring

Now the flow on effect will hopefully be more diverse teams...
i think people have forgotten the importance of how valuable trades are if theyre sideways trading super premos this early...

let them go i say

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting interview with Max Gawn earlier today on Sport 927

He said first quarter the pace of the game with way ball was moving took him by surprise. He did say things started to slow second half when he got into it a bit more.

When asked if the new rules might reduce ruckmans impact he said it was too early to tell. From his perspective he often has a slow round 1 and on top of that, he also reflected that he was too cautious in his approach in the first half

Oct 25, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting interview with Max Gawn earlier today on Sport 927

He said first quarter the pace of the game with way ball was moving took him by surprise. He did say things started to slow second half when he got into it a bit more.

When asked if the new rules might reduce ruckmans impact he said it was too early to tell. From his perspective he often has a slow round 1 and on top of that, he also reflected that he was too cautious in his approach in the first half

IMO all signs point Big Max^ going large from here on in vs. his competitors, irrespective overall reduction in stoppages. At the end of the day we all need 2 (1) rucks so we’re all in the same boat even if ruck scores drop across the board.

^ like the hamburgers

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I love my advanced strategy as much as the next bloke / blokette, but I’ll be f’ed if I actively want to cheer for the most expensive shittrucks in SC history to pump out another week of listless ******* dross.
I just want the campaigners to score some ******* points lololol

Shittrucks, really?

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As someone already mentioned Grundy does not go well against Martin. He got double teamed by an improving English and Stefan. I picked Grundy fully aware he might struggle first up. Has Pittonet and Casboult to contend with now. Chalk and Cheese.

MITS

Worlds shortest giant
Feb 3, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Part of me wouldn't mind another sub-par Round from Gawndy
FA4F58EA-97BD-4DC7-B2A4-2A5D2B58C782.gif

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
As someone already mentioned Grundy does not go well against Martin. He got double teamed by an improving English and Stefan. I picked Grundy fully aware he might struggle first up. Has Pittonet and Casboult to contend with now. Chalk and Cheese.

We call him Pittojet for a reason

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Campaigners jumping off = Good
Gawndy's price tumbling so other campaigners get them in relatively cheap = Bad

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

1616462054756.jpeg

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
He's not far wrong although his R-1 efforts in 2017 (128) and 2018 (139) were pretty good.
His other R-1 scores were pretty poor though. 95 (2016), 87 (2019), 93 (2020) and 93 (2021).
I'd forgotten he had such an injury plagued start to his career. Didn't even play in R-1 in 2011-2015.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Smallest of sample sizes, but things are crook in Tallarook:

It's a significant sample size because it's across nine games, including the very wet game where conditions caused a lot of stoppages.

I'm pretty happy with Nank and Flynn at this point, gotta say

It's a significant sample size because it's across nine games, including the very wet game where conditions caused a lot of stoppages.

I'm pretty happy with Nank and Flynn at this point, gotta say
Agree on game in wet, in terms of sample size overall not so much, need to see the equilibrium reached, that's unlikely to be after just the one rd.
But yeah, absolutely, those with less invested in the rucks are currently in the advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back