Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was only under 18s but that game Rankine played against Victoria was one of the best halves of footy I’ve ever watched, he turned it on its head and was unstoppable. We should be throwing everything at him this year in hope Gold Coast deal early as he’s OOC next season. Rankine would also make the club a fortune in merchandise sales over the next 10 years and put bums on seats.
Oh absolutely - imagine how many youngsters watching him dazzle will want a crows top with Rankine on the back of it..gees, I might buy one too!!!

Oh absolutely - imagine how many youngsters watching him dazzle will want a crows top with Rankine on the back of it..gees, I might buy one too!!!
Club should have no problem in being absolutely in no way responsible for a local business paying Rankine to be an ambassador for keeping it real

Seriously?

Bailey Smith ain't happening, if on the rare chance he wanted to leave the Dogs there would be queue up of other Melbourne clubs pushing similar contracts his way. At Smith's age you'd have more chance of shaking the Bont loose than Bailey.

I agree

Wasn't Bailey Smith the draftee that got his doctor to write a letter that he sent to the Non-Vic clubs telling them not to draft him?

There's no chance at all that he'll ever leave Victoria, chasing him would be a complete waste of time.

Charlie Curnow? 25 next year.

RFA end of 2023 but he might be one more injury ruined season away from a salary dump.

Caleb Daniel is the one I’d be after

I know it was only under 18s but that game Rankine played against Victoria was one of the best halves of footy I’ve ever watched, he turned it on its head and was unstoppable. We should be throwing everything at him this year in hope Gold Coast deal early as he’s OOC next season. Rankine would also make the club a fortune in merchandise sales over the next 10 years and put bums on seats.
I’m he
only if he fulfills his potential
only if he fulfills his potential, unfortunately not everyone does. I hope we get him too but it’s a big risk if we are near bottom and we need to trade for him. If he doesn’t set the AFL on fire and GC want 2 first?? What then??
Jack Watts was a star in the under 18s and was a big flop. The reality is not every player has the determination and guts to make use of their talent to become a star

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's bittersweet that Butts who was taken in the rookie draft has shown more in three games than our pick 6 KPD.
Rutten, Bock...

Bit early to write of McAsey though.

Ed Richards is the player I would go for out of favour atm huge pace left footer runs the lines just the type
Of player we need

He's also 15 months older than McAsey and was taken a year before him, but don't let that get in the way of a good old whinge ;)

Though was a lot further behind McAsey in terms of physical development.

He's also 15 months older than McAsey and was taken a year before him, but don't let that get in the way of a good old whinge ;)

116 players were taken before Butts in his draft year.

5 players were taken before McAsey

Using pick 6 on him was, and always will be, a dumb decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back