Recommitted Liam Baker [triggered an extension until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Will probably be a Hamling or Hogan situation for Baker to go home. As for contract. He's a damaging Hb similar to Caleb Daniel but a bit quicker. I can see dons going for him with a big offer.

Hope he stays. One of our toughest players. I love watching him live.
Hopefully he can move into the midfield
He's 10cm and 10kg off being a genuine fulltime mid I reckon, seems like he's more suited to the flanks or outside, even though he's tough he just doesn't have the size to really compete inside.

He's 10cm and 10kg off being a genuine fulltime mid I reckon, seems like he's more suited to the flanks or outside, even though he's tough he just doesn't have the size to really compete inside.
He's also a beautiful kick, which would be wasted on the hustle of the midfield. Only guys who can escape traffic (Ablett, Marin) are worth putting there. Better to have your grunt ball winners (cotchin, Mitchell) getting the ball at the coal face and handing off to better users running past from the flank or half back line.

Innocent bystander I believe. Was cleared of any wrong doing.
Yeah I think they reported some lady just went berko with illegal pepper spray at some other bloke and he happened to be standing nearby.

Won't stop the media using it as an example of our anti women culture though.

Yeah I think they reported some lady just went berko with illegal pepper spray at some other bloke and he happened to be standing nearby.

Won't stop the media using it as an example of our anti women culture though.
But wasn’t Liam the only one that got pepper sprayed by her?
Surely something was said or done to cause that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon he ll end up back home in the west next year.
Tiggies simply don’t have the money to keep all their OOC players
Players play for less when they have premiership medals, Liam Baker knows there is more fruit hanging and will want to fill his pockets

1 day fremantle supporters will also experience this

Baker wont be one we let go unless he asks for silly money. We will have money freed up for next year (i doubt houli goes on) and we have a few other players coming to the end that backdating contracts only has to happen for a couple years

West Coast have committed to not spending the pay cuts the playing group made on paying good $$$ to trade in players next season, so he won’t go there.

Peter Bell will be too busy doing Peter Bell things so he won’t end up at Freo either.

Doubt he will even be aware that Baker comes out of contract.

Baker has already triggered a contract clause which has him committed to the Tiges until the end of 2022 according to the AFL website today.

ONE TIGER LOCKED IN, MORE TO COME
RICHMOND defender Liam Baker has triggered a new deal for 2022, while the club is also expected to hand injured ruckman Ivan Soldo a one-year extension.
Two-time flag winner and former rookie Baker hit a trigger last year that has seen him add an extra year onto his deal, which was due to expire at the end of this season.
Baker has developed into a crucial member of the Tigers' defence with his smarts, toughness and clean ball use pivotal in their back-to-back 2019-20 flags.
And the Tigers are set to extend Soldo's stay at the club. The 24-year-old, who featured in the club's 2019 Grand Final win over Greater Western Sydney, comes out of contract at the end of this season but the club intends to add another year to his deal through to the end of 2022.
Soldo missed out on last year's flag victory against Geelong after requiring season-ending surgery following his knee injury in the second last home and away game of 2020.
Soldo is racing through his recovery from the injury, with Tigers coach Damien Hardwick recently saying that the club's medical team expect the ruckman to return to the field later this season. – Mitch Cleary and Callum Twomey

Time to update the thread title I think...

Baker has already triggered a contract clause which has him committed to the Tiges until the end of 2022 according to the AFL website today.

ONE TIGER LOCKED IN, MORE TO COME
RICHMOND defender Liam Baker has triggered a new deal for 2022, while the club is also expected to hand injured ruckman Ivan Soldo a one-year extension.
Two-time flag winner and former rookie Baker hit a trigger last year that has seen him add an extra year onto his deal, which was due to expire at the end of this season.
Baker has developed into a crucial member of the Tigers' defence with his smarts, toughness and clean ball use pivotal in their back-to-back 2019-20 flags.
And the Tigers are set to extend Soldo's stay at the club. The 24-year-old, who featured in the club's 2019 Grand Final win over Greater Western Sydney, comes out of contract at the end of this season but the club intends to add another year to his deal through to the end of 2022.
Soldo missed out on last year's flag victory against Geelong after requiring season-ending surgery following his knee injury in the second last home and away game of 2020.
Soldo is racing through his recovery from the injury, with Tigers coach Damien Hardwick recently saying that the club's medical team expect the ruckman to return to the field later this season. – Mitch Cleary and Callum Twomey

Time to update the thread title I think...
One B down two B’s to go

Good ordinary player.Nothing special but Richmond seem to rate him, which is all that matters i suppose. Going to be another type of Jake King that everyone else hates but Tiger fans love I reckon.
Do people hate Baker? I don't recall him doing anything to really get under the nose of opposition

Good ordinary player.Nothing special but Richmond seem to rate him, which is all that matters i suppose. Going to be another type of Jake King that everyone else hates but Tiger fans love I reckon.
You're under rating him. Only played 40 odd games. Doesn't lack anywhere except height. Give him another 50 games and he'll be a star

He is literally one of the best one touch, cleanest pickup off the ground players in the game right now which is crucial when playing back. He rarely wastes it, runs straight and is stupidly brave. Would be best 22 at every club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back