Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
The clique rebuttal.
A clique of one. I feel lonely. You're welcome to join. Not sure where we'll meet but whatever.
Well you like jumping in, trying to pull people in to line, acting like a rent a cop, in the Mods defence, when the mods are perfectly capable of dealing with what ever the situation is.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Excuse me if I should know but who are you ?
Zachary. I demand to know everything the mods do. Hey dlanod Hot or cold breakfast?

Who are you by the way?
[/QUOTE]
I am Martinson.

A famous warrior from a far off land with a massive leap and a raking left boot.

A champion of the poor and those who cannot speak for themselves.

Surprised you haven't heard of me.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1616637357338.png

Zachary. I demand to know everything the mods do. Hey dlanod Hot or cold breakfast?

Who are you by the way?
I am Martinson.

A famous warrior from a far off land with a massive leap and a raking left boot.

A champion of the poor and those who cannot speak for themselves.

Surprised you haven't heard of me.[/QUOTE]I thought I was a famous warrior and a champion of the poor? Going places where others fear to thread and a bloody good left foot to boot. My leap needs work though.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shitty news that Dylan has been permabanned. Been a fixture of this board since I've been here and while I didn't agree with everything he said I want all passionate fans to be able to have a voice here.

mighty_lions

Senior List
Mar 23, 2008
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Shitty news that Dylan has been permabanned. Been a fixture of this board since I've been here and while I didn't agree with everything he said I want all passionate fans to be able to have a voice here.

Yeah a bloke who denigrates the families of players because they support them by watching them at games is permabanned....good riddance :)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah a bloke who denigrates the families of players because they support them by watching them at games is permabanned....good riddance :)

I'm more interested in his right to say his opinions rather than the content. Bigfooty is legitimately one of the most open forums for discussion of everything on the on the Internet and I love that about it. Next to my need to discuss footy with people that can offer anything other than "yeah" it's my favourite thing about it. I don't like seeing a long standing poster banned because their opinions aren't kosher. If this place becomes some reddit + footy style echo chamber then I won't come here. I want differing opinions. If he said something particularly inflammatory, or had been insulting other posters continually then I guess so be it, but if it wasn't that for which he was banned I tend to think he could've just remained here and people could just be advised to ignore or not reply.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars

I’m guessing this will be to your surprise ML, but D12 has actually received some personal messages from the families of players thanking him for all of his work on the rosters. Mentioned that it’s great to have a ‘virtual scrapbook’ of their sons that they can easily access, rather than having to search through different social media platforms. There are a lot of people that have appreciated D12’s work on this board over many years. A lot of that seems to be forgotten.

I’m guessing this will be to your surprise ML, but D12 has actually received some personal messages from the families of players thanking him for all of his work on the rosters. Mentioned that it’s great to have a ‘virtual scrapbook’ of their sons that they can easily access, rather than having to search through different social media platforms. There are a lot of people that have appreciated D12’s work on this board over many years. A lot of that seems to be forgotten.

Has anybody ever said his work on the roster watch wasn't good though? In fact his efforts far outshined a lot of other boards.

His work in the roster watch has absolutely nothing to do with why people have issues with him or why he was banned.

I'm more interested in his right to say his opinions rather than the content. Bigfooty is legitimately one of the most open forums for discussion of everything on the on the Internet and I love that about it. Next to my need to discuss footy with people that can offer anything other than "yeah" it's my favourite thing about it. I don't like seeing a long standing poster banned because their opinions aren't kosher. If this place becomes some reddit + footy style echo chamber then I won't come here. I want differing opinions. If he said something particularly inflammatory, or had been insulting other posters continually then I guess so be it, but if it wasn't that for which he was banned I tend to think he could've just remained here and people could just be advised to ignore or not reply.
Yeah I understand that every redneck, bigot, racist, antisemite, left/right, religious extremist has argued that they have a right to say their opinions.
May as well not have Mods and let this forum be a free for all.

Yeah I understand that every redneck, bigot, racist, antisemite, left/right, religious extremist has argued that they have a right to say their opinions.

Yeah? What's the issue? A bunch of people have opinions? Is the opinion somehow different due to who posted it? This site has always been play the ball and not the player. I couldn't give a * if the poster is black, neo nazi or jewish, but if they post something I disagree with I will comment.

mighty_lions

Senior List
Mar 23, 2008
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I am surprised by that, maybe they don’t see the other stuff he writes or they chose to ignore it

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

Then we’d turn in to the Richmond board.

I like (our) mods.

Excuse my ignorance but where do you find the ignore function/button? I seem to recall I once saw one but not anymore.
Hover over someone's name and you'll get a panel with the ignore button.

I don't like seeing a long standing poster banned because their opinions aren't kosher.

If that ever happens, it'll be the first time (at least since I've been moderating).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back