Discussion Prison Bars debate

Should Port be allowed to wear the PBs as their home jumper?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbf I think blackwing is only begrudgingly a Crows fan as you kinda have to pick someone in the AFL these days I guess.

"We are the pride of [insert region here]. The mighty [insert city here] [insert local fauna here]."

And you all jumped on board the crows to the detriment of your original clubs. How can you sleep at night?

I sleep very well and thank you for asking. (sarcasm)

I NEVER abandoned my original club, I just supported the Crows as a state team. I am a Centrals supporter/member first and Crows second. Whenever there were two games on the same day I went to Centrals. And even though I am a Crows member I HATE the crows in the S.A.N.F.L. and also Port Whatever.

Also I even barracked for Collingwood when they playeed the power. I don't consider Port an SA team at all, they are Port. Only South Australian by accident of Geography.

FAAARK the OFFAL (AFL) for only creating an Eastern AFL Reserves competition.

Okay so, this discussion has now gone beyond the prison bars, so I ask everyone to keep things on track otherwise cards will start coming out. 👍

What do people think of Eddies recent rant???

Personally i think the timing and what not is just a deflection from his stepping down and the current racism news going on with Collingwood.

Easy subject for him to fire up on and that he 'thinks' will get supporters back on his side

What do people think of Eddies recent rant???

Personally i think the timing and what not is just a deflection from his stepping down and the current racism news going on with Collingwood.

Easy subject for him to fire up on and that he 'thinks' will get supporters back on his side
If anything him commenting makes the opposition to it less credible. 16 clubs don't care and hate Eddie so if I was port I'd get on the front foot now and push hard while the opposition to it is spearheaded by a hated figure. Easy win.

If anything him commenting makes the opposition to it less credible. 16 clubs don't care and hate Eddie so if I was port I'd get on the front foot now and push hard while the opposition to it is spearheaded by a hated figure. Easy win.

agree! already today

Attachments

• 164042474_10158440797083882_1479951193417383624_o.jpg
    164042474_10158440797083882_1479951193417383624_o.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 111
If Port Adelaide have been given allowance to wear the prison bars once per year, there should be no reason for them not to be able to wear them multiple games per year.

Surely it's all or nothing, perhaps with the exception of when playing Collingwood? Otherwise I don't see why it would be an issue.

If Collingwood think Port Adelaide are stealing their identity by playing in the jumper, and the AFL agree, then they shouldn't be allowed to wear it full stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Port Adelaide have been given allowance to wear the prison bars once per year, there should be no reason for them not to be able to wear them multiple games per year.

Surely it's all or nothing, perhaps with the exception of when playing Collingwood? Otherwise I don't see why it would be an issue.

If Collingwood think Port Adelaide are stealing their identity by playing in the jumper, and the AFL agree, then they shouldn't be allowed to wear it full stop.

It's basically all we want, just one or two games a year, and the planned games aren't against Collingwood.

Eddie says it's up the AFL so he needs to shut up and leave it to the AFL....

It's basically all we want, just one or two games a year, and the planned games aren't against Collingwood.

Eddie says it's up the AFL so he needs to shut up and leave it to the AFL....
Don't you dare display sound logic in discussions about Eddie, they have no place in his head :p

As far as using the Magpie nickname and the Magpie emblem go, There is no push for that at all. Eddie McGuire last year made a blatant lie saying we wanted that. We don't even use the Magpie emblem at SANFL level anymore either.

We simply want our clubs Prison Bar jumper to have a presence on the national stage. If there is a clash, the easy solution is for us to wear an alternate coloured clash jumper when appropriate.

If they think Port are stealing Collingwoods identity because they wear a different jumper with the same colour scheme then does the blues away jumper steal Geelongs identity?

Collingwood are clearly trying to plant an intellectual property flag on something that's not their intellectual property.

The whole "when Port become a net giver instead of a net receiver they can wear it" is a weird argument from Eddie. he went so far to say Collingwood's jumper is the most valuable in the league (I assume based on sponsorship values) but neglected to mention that the Prison Bar jumper was the highest selling retail item in the AFL last season.

Back