Memberships 2021 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 55,832)

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Surely SURELY we’ve hit fifty k this week?

what the hell are they waiting for??? Announce it!!!!!

St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
My partner, who is a Carlton member, received an email from the Carlton Football Club today. She was told that, as a reward for renewing her membership after a tough 2020, she was being gifted an additional membership for a nominated friend.

No wonder some of these clubs have artificially bloated membership numbers. They are bloody well giving memberships away. It’s a joke.

Naturally, I was asked whether I could be her nominated friend. There are some things you just can’t do, regardless of who asks you.

It could be a lonely weekend.

My partner, who is a Carlton member, received an email from the Carlton Football Club today. She was told that, as a reward for renewing her membership after a tough 2020, she was being gifted an additional membership for a nominated friend.

No wonder some of these clubs have artificially bloated membership numbers. They are bloody well giving memberships away. It’s a joke.

Naturally, I was asked whether I could be her nominated friend. There are some things you just can’t do, regardless of who asks you.

It could be a lonely weekend.
We did something very similar to be fair. Still, anything over $50 is counted.

This is free. So, presumably, these won’t count in their membership numbers?

I couldn’t stomach even receiving a free membership from them. Makes me shudder.
Interesting. I don't think it would be counted in that case. Maybe they just want to fill the stands or a way to get people hooked / more invested in Carlton so they sign on proper the year after.

St Neil

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2016
Aspendale Gardens
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Blackpool
Interesting. I don't think it would be counted in that case. Maybe they just want to fill the stands or a way to get people hooked / more invested in Carlton so they sign on proper the year after.

That is possible. Building their base to lessen the impact of membership churn.

Can’t say that I agree with it. It cheapens the value of the membership by gifting them out, especially when many people battle and save to pay the full price.

Palantine

All Australian
Mar 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I had one bloke who was incredibly helpful and even emailed me directly so when I had issues he was able to respond promptly saving me another call. Just lucky I guess. Working for a call centre I know what it's like and if they are as busy as I think it would be a nightmare. You just have to treat every member with same courtesy and respect I think. Unfortunately some don't. These are the people I wonder why they work in jobs like that...

Because some of them are late twenties and still waiting for that big break to get on the telly. But sadly time is running out and even a sell your soul crumby advert is incredibly unlikely. Mum and dad would like them to grow up a bit and find a solid job that pays well, and with a bit of luck, move the f@ck out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Because some of them are late twenties and still waiting for that big break to get on the telly. But sadly time is running out and even a sell your soul crumby advert is incredibly unlikely. Mum and dad would like them to grow up a bit and find a solid job that pays well, and with a bit of luck, move the f@ck out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
C'mon, I know that's a joke but it's a bit unfair. Everyone needs to earn a crust and people work in different industries for all different reasons and no matter what people do for a living, they deserve respect for the grind.

I had a friend who gave up a well paying pressure job to work overnight in a distribution centre because it allowed him to take care of his kids during the day. Others because they may not have had the opportunity that others may have had.

Always be nice to people who work in the service industry, it's a tough gig dealing with arseholes all day and you have no idea what they are going through at that point in time. True for everyone I guess (except 'influencers' * them) :)

Palantine

All Australian
Mar 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
C'mon, I know that's a joke but it's a bit unfair. Everyone needs to earn a crust and people work in different industries for all different reasons and no matter what people do for a living, they deserve respect for the grind.

I had a friend who gave up a well paying pressure job to work overnight in a distribution centre because it allowed him to take care of his kids during the day. Others because they may not have had the opportunity that others may have had.

Always be nice to people who work in the service industry, it's a tough gig dealing with arseholes all day and you have no idea what they are going through at that point in time. True for everyone I guess (except 'influencers' fu** them) :)

what a bizarre response to what was clearly a joke. you've done me a favour. that's it, I'm off

Guess what arrived for mrs pc?

Yay

(Thank gawd ive heard the last of that every second day)
Keyring looks great imo
Compared to last years:
20210326_141806.jpg

20210326_141731.jpg

Back