glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I take it this is a real quote? I have heard it a hundred times.

Yes that was the point, how many times that gets bandied about by those in a position to do something about it. A classic deflection technique that they bounce off from shooting to ahootig

Watched Man of Steel again last night.

That was far more enjoyable than I remembered. Even my partner was a fan of it and that’s not normally her type of movie.

Very good overall however that final 20 minutes or so still has too many flaws for me and that particularly held up well.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Is the plot almost completely different though glenferry23

Yes and no, sorry to vague. It’s difficult to give a definitive answer without giving too much away. It follows the broad storyline overall, but it’s the HOW that is more important. There’s different (and much better) ways the story moves forward, and a s**t tonne of character development (as you’d expect from a movie that’s 4 hours).

If you invest the time to see it, this will make a lot more sense. It’s far from perfect and still has its issues. And shouldn’t be as long as it is.

The final hour is bonkers, as good an action set piece as I’ve seen in a long time. Was doing my best to not wake up the little ones as I was losing my s**t at about midnight when I first saw it.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Yes and no, sorry to vague. It’s difficult to give a definitive answer without giving too much away. It follows the broad storyline overall, but it’s the HOW that is more important. There’s different (and much better) ways the story moves forward, and a sh*t tonne of character development (as you’d expect from a movie that’s 4 hours).

If you invest the time to see it, this will make a lot more sense. It’s far from perfect and still has its issues. And shouldn’t be as long as it is.

The final hour is bonkers, as good an action set piece as I’ve seen in a long time. Was doing my best to not wake up the little ones as I was losing my sh*t at about midnight when I first saw it.
Yeah that makes sense. The original was an absolute mess so would be pretty hard not to make it better really.

Did you feel the black and white added to it all?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yeah that makes sense. The original was an absolute mess so would be pretty hard not to make it better really.

Did you feel the black and white added to it all?

Have only seen the colour version, am not sure if the black and white one has been released yet.

Nah I’ve seen trailers and read that it was going to be in that format

Oh right, only things I'd seen about that was that it was as an additional version, never as the only version.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had my first jab, got the AstraZeneca one.

Very impressive operation. Loads being churned through, I was In and out in 15 minutes.

Didn't notice the jab itself, got a shock when the nurse said it was all done. Thought she was just prepping the arm.

See how the next couple of days go I guess.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Just had my first jab, got the AstraZeneca one.

Very impressive operation. Loads being churned through, I was In and out in 15 minutes.

Didn't notice the jab itself, got a shock when the nurse said it was all done. Thought she was just prepping the arm.

See how the next couple of days go I guess.
Nice. I wish Ireland was doing the same, such a slow roll out over here and people have given up following instructions as I see people out all the time. Roads are busy as despite being in "lockdown" and essential journeys only.

My partners a physio so I can ask
Took Thu/Fri off work as I could barely walk. Took 2-3 mins to get from bed to the kitchen this morning.

Seen a doctor again and had a blood test done. Mostly to eliminate gout as a possibility given we have family history. Ultrasound and xray early next week.

Doc thinks best case scenario will be prolonged ankle trauma due to repeated childhood injuries and subsequently weakened structural integrity. Worst case scenario being early signs of osteoarthritis.

Mentioned ankle surgery at the epworth as being in the picture but assuming that’s for best case as I am reasonably certain arthritis atm does not have a known cure.

Either way not good when I work on my feet all day, and generally speaking enjoy my job. Better off not working and having a health care card too lol (joking lol). Xray/ultrasound costing over 350 with about 100 back by medicare. Bulk billed otherwise.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Yes have watched a couple of times and going through it again with my son. It is significantly better than I thought it would be, don’t worry about the theatrical version. That was nonsensical.

It is very different, and yes it’s overly long however quite worth the investment of time. The last hour is something else.
It is amazing and loved it. So glad that got its release and the previous version can be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back