Not open for further replies.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
No shock, given their race they were always going to get off with a slap on the wrist due to the progressive nature of our legal system (note- not saying they committed crimes because of their race, most Sudanese would be appalled at the crimes and the joke punishment like other Australians). And they wonder why contempt of court isnt an offence anymore it is a normal state of mind.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd say their race was part of the reason they were torn apart in the first place.

The Aspen Party people in Melbourne who kicked things off didn't cop anywhere near the level of vitriol of these girls. Also didn't seem to cop any punishment either.

Sorry you can't handle the truth. I don't blame their race for the crime (As I said Sudanese people would be just as angry at their behavour). The judge is to blame for putting personal views ahead of justice.

Who do we blame for letting you loose in public?

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd say their race was part of the reason they were torn apart in the first place.

The Aspen Party people in Melbourne who kicked things off didn't cop anywhere near the level of vitriol of these girls. Also didn't seem to cop any punishment either.
Aspen couple certainly should have been called out and punished more. Was that money or race or a bit of both?

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
That cancelled wedding has really done a number on him.

Understandable, obviously.

And just an observation of my part, nothing more sinister than that.
This is part of the issue, people think that you're either pro lockdown or anti lockdown. Clearly because I was pro lockdown at 700+ cases a day I'm in that camp forever.

Feel free to read over my posting history to see that I have been very much anti lockdown for singular cases for a long, long time.

p.s. a wedding wouldn't even scratch the surface of why I would be upset, a small business would be the deciding factor of how I formed my opinions.

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
The community case in Brisbane is the UK variant which was contracted via a so far unknown intermediary but somehow linked to a Doctor and two os cases in Brisbane from several weeks ago.
Bit of a worry I would say
Damn i was hoping it was this new double mutant rubbish perhaps in a few weeks we get the brazilian variant or something.

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
covid-*-off.jpg

If I'd flown down from Brisbane for the game, my reaction would have been a resounding "* OFF."

These instant kneejerk reactions are beyond a joke.

Send Andrews up there, he'll handle it. "As of midnight tonight, all of Queensland is under total lockdown for five days."

It's OK, we'll just have another lockdown when some idiot *s up the HQ again.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I wonder at which point it’ll be where we’ll accept cases as part of normal life. The way we are going is not sustainable long term.
Would help if they got their s**t together and vaccinated everyone ASAP.

We’re being told this virus is that bloody bad that it it panic stations from state governments and the media whenever a case pops up, but apparently there is absolutely no rush to vaccinate.

What a complete and utter crock of s**t.

Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
Aspen couple certainly should have been called out and punished more. Was that money or race or a bit of both?

i can't say for sure, but my thoughts have been the level of a culprits' public social media activity determines how interested the press are. much easier to out these people and make a story about it if you can dig up online photos or other juicy details to put in a story.

eve black is a good example that proves race is irrelevant. these people have their profiles built for them by journalists because they lay it all out there. some influencer who takes photos on a holiday they shouldn't be on gives much more to work with than someone whose timeline consists of candy crush saga posts.

as for the different levels of punishment... too many factors to take into account.

Pilchard_Adams

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wonder at which point it’ll be where we’ll accept cases as part of normal life. The way we are going is not sustainable long term.

This.

I just tested positive on my preflight PCR test to return to Australia from Canada. Its now close to 6 months of trying to get home.

First flights made unusable by Australias caps through Fiji Air.
2nd flights to Melbourne, had that utensil knocker Dan Andrews not shafted thousands of Australian Citizens who had flights booked I wouldnt be in this situation. These flights were made useless when he stopped any international flights coming in.
3rd attempt was sailing home. The yacht captain cancelled on the first video meeting.
4th attempt looked promising. 2 weeks ago I drove my RV to Vancouver to sell as the flights hadnt been cancelled, sold it a week ago along with all of my possessions apart from my luggage I am bringing home. I spent 3 nights on a friends couch, then into a hotel while I waited for my PCR pre flight test.

Results came back positive. Symptoms wise, I had the slightest headache the morning of the test. Now 2 days later I have a tickle in my throat. Pre-Covid world I wouldnt even waste my sick days on this level of illness...

Prior to this I was in a rural town of 500 residents, virtually no risk. The process put in place that us stranded people have to follow actually puts us at more risk. I had to come to Vancouver for testing, I had to be here for a week before my flight, I had no where but a hotel to stay in. I had to mix with people in the most infected area of British Columbia, and somewhere through the buying food, catching transport, following the steps to return home I have picked up the virus.

And now I have no idea what to do. I have no where to live, have to look at extending the hotel room I have for a further 10 days, cancel my flights, and now wait. Last time it was 5 weeks until the next flight. Ive already spend 8k attempting to return home, and got absolutely no where. I cant even return to my old job as 4 days after I quit the store burned to the ground.

But one thing I noticed is that here its becoming a very accepted part of life. I told my friends I stayed with, they didnt mind. The ride share I used to get to my hotel was fine with it. Hotel receptionist said its just part of the job. People are accepting Covid as a part of the norm here rather than the pitchfork army that is the Australian public.

I think we are getting there slowly.
The reaction to this one is much more muted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back