Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles general manager Howie Roseman denied reports that owner Jeffrey Lurie wants the team to prioritize development of Jalen Hurts as the team's 2021 starter.

“We have not been told to do anything other than to try and strengthen the football team, and make sure we’re doing the right things going forward,” Roseman said during a Thursday press conference when asked to confirm or deny the reporting on Lurie’s wishes. The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McClane said the team would add QB competition in the coming months, citing Roseman's history of stockpiling QBs even when the Eagles seemingly didn't need to upgrade at the position. Roseman notably complimented Hurts' throwing ability in Thursday's presser. “When people start talking about Jalen the first thing that they go to is his athleticism and his strength as a runner, and I don’t know if that’s necessarily fair,” Roseman said. “This is a guy who completed over 70 percent of his passes at Oklahoma. He’s got a feel for the passing game. He’s got a plus arm." For now, Hurts is Philly's presumed starter.

SOURCE: Inquirer.com
Mar 19, 2021, 8:22 AM ET

Heard his Indy presser yesterday, still not really taking his share of responsibility for his downfall, thinks after the Green Bay game 'this might be it', referencing his time in Philly, instead of thinking 'man, Ive got to pull my ******* finger out & improve to get my job back'.

Good luck Indy.

Heard his Indy presser yesterday, still not really taking his share of responsibility for his downfall, thinks after the Green Bay game 'this might be it', referencing his time in Philly, instead of thinking 'man, Ive got to pull my ******* finger out & improve to get my job back'.

Good luck Indy.
Pride and ego-propping is an endless resource.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pitts aint falling to 12, no chance.

Now Birds, trade that 12th back to 20ish, just for shits & giggles.

giphy.gif

I love bashing Roseman but I think he's actually done well and been smart here. Phili need to reboot the roster with multiple early picks, one skill position player at #6 wasn't going to solve the roster issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back