Women's Footy AFLW Round 9 Brisbane v Melbourne at Casey Fields

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I rather enjoyed the first half, but was busy for the second. Kinda glad I missed it if we got screwed out of victory just like last night.
There were some iffy ump calls but what went went wrong were just quickfire opportunistic goals by Mebourne. Then we just couldn't seem to finish it off at the end.
Was Svarc not tagging anyone today? I think so, right. Letting her roam free and she slaughtered them in tackles.
Wardlaw hasn't got the same scoreboard impact as she had in the first few weeks sadly. Dax has stood up and now Hodder has found her groove so that evens us up.

Re: enjoying aflw > afl. I don't know if i necessarily enjoy it > afl, but the semi-pro aspect makes me respect how hard they go each week. I think also the early growth of this game brings in a lot of talented athletes from different backgrounds which is interesting. I always enjoy the irish lads in the afl and 'basketball backgrounds'.

There were some iffy ump calls but what went went wrong were just quickfire opportunistic goals by Mebourne. Then we just couldn't seem to finish it off at the end.
Was Svarc not tagging anyone today? I think so, right. Letting her roam free and she slaughtered them in tackles.
Wardlaw hasn't got the same scoreboard impact as she had in the first few weeks sadly. Dax has stood up and now Hodder has found her groove so that evens us up.

Re: enjoying aflw > afl. I don't know if i necessarily enjoy it > afl, but the semi-pro aspect makes me respect how hard they go each week. I think also the early growth of this game brings in a lot of talented athletes from different backgrounds which is interesting. I always enjoy the irish lads in the afl and 'basketball backgrounds'.

Reality was that we didn't score in the last quarter, which cost us the game.

Same. It has a suburban club feel about it rather than a corporate feel like the men's game.

Right? I also love that the players are basically local, and I really respect the amount of investment and sacrifice the players have to make to play

Good result for our tired gals but one must ask.........does anyone care seing we have grand total of 7 voters in our poll?

I care. I never vote in either match thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't vote either as I think we are such an even team with moments of Brilliance! Also ACK bloody adelaide put us in a great position! We get to rest and give Shannon Campbell time to recover! I was at the game y'day. Got lost and arrived late, got drenched by freezing rain and sunburnt too a minute later. Our players tried hard, but the free kick sicho was baffling! Unlike Adelaide we are not a dirty side(my opinion only). Btw did the Lion Ladies make it back to QLD? I can't find any info at all. Sorry a bit scatterbrained atm. GO LIONESSES!!!

Good result for our tired gals but one must ask.........does anyone care seing we have grand total of 7 voters in our poll?
Personally, I only got to see the last quarter so couldn’t really vote on what I saw in that quarter.

Apparently got something to do with the fact that the Ladies are part time footballers and have jobs to get to during the week.
I’d imagine they are more concerned about Collingwood getting locked in Queensland.

I saw melbourne have the best win-rate against top-6 teams this season? I think we're second.

Honestly I think anyone can win it.

I just hope this covid kerfuffle doesn't derail our preparation. Starcevich is a pro and the girls are all dedicated so I this probably won't be any issue. Only issues is how AFL will deal with things.

Back