Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Rowell will be end of 2023.

Might have to load up the draft picks for that year...

I can wait that extra year and then go bang on both of them.

Goddard end of 2024
Pavlich end of 2025?

:p

I have it on good authority that Pav is happening soon.

One coach voted for Harry McKay as the best forward in the competition.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Bucky on my blue heaven makes 2 salient points
1) Richmond defeated top 4 sides during their 9thdom phase. Carlton don't

2) The "dig in" players have to be replaced for Carlton to improve. These players are: Casboult, murphy, ed curnow, jones, newnes(dont agree), plowman, williamson(i think). I would also add obrien and dow as question marks.

I think there are at least 2 in the reserves(stocker, kennedy) + martin and williams that are better than the above list.
Plowman was phenomenal against the tigers imo.

Sam Walsh has “gone straight past” Patrick Cripps as the player who needs to be tagged at Carlton, according to North Melbourne champion David King.

St Kilda champion Leigh Montagna compared Walsh’s skill-set to that of Port Adelaide gun Travis Boak......“The ability to get from contest to contest because of his running power - that’s what separates them from the other mids,”

David King is a North Melbourne champion now? I just wonder where that might put Keith Greig, Ross Glendinning, Glenn Archer & Malcolm Blight?

Last edited:
David King is a North Melbourne champion now? I just wonder where that might put Keith Greig, Ross Glendinning and Glenn Archer?
My life will be fulfilled the day I read "former Carlton champion Barnaby French" in one of these articles.

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
I remember just recently when Saad had requested a trade. Everyone was saying that opposition will need to put a defensive forward on one of them, but we'll always have the other who is still able to dominate.

Now we're in a similar position with our midfield. Do you tag Cripps? Do you tag Walsh? Do you tag Williams? You can't take all of them out of the game.

It's just a matter of time before everything clicks, and we're winning games like last Thursday.

Re: Carlton and Collingwood last week

Despite getting close to Richmond and the Western Bulldogs, respectively, there was a sense internally among both clubs that the final margins might
have been flattering

I thought the final score actually flattered Richmond last week. Thought the game was basically neck-and-neck for 3.5 quarters...

Final score was biggest margin of the night, methinks

I thought the final score actually flattered Richmond last week. Thought the game was basically neck-and-neck for 3.5 quarters...

click bait to pump up the foaming masses ....

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
click bait to pump up the foaming masses ....
Quite a bit of the stuff I've seen/heard/read has been about our margin being a little misleading, we weren't that far off, and the Pies margin being flattering for them, 16 points felt like 36 because the Pies went into damage control mode and the Dogs don't have the most potent forward line

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos

We were actually the inverse of Collingwood. Our margin looked worse than the game actually was, while Collingwoods margin looked better than the game was.

Perhaps he means flattering in the sense it was expected that we'd get blown out but didn't?

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I think HARRY is the priority, CRIPPS can wait
From an accessibility point of view, Crippa could be lured with RFA while Harry would need an amicable trade to lure him.

Agree - our money and contract focus should be on Harry first atm, but Crippa is an important signing for so many reasons. Just hope we don't pay through the teeth (esp. with his recent form).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back