NBL 2020/21 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

4 offensive rebounds and ends in a Cotton bucket

Yeah that was when i turned it off.

Down 9 so we run a DJ turnaround fadeaway jumper - real high % stuff that :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:
Dont know why you wouldnt give Paul major mins as well.

There's definitely something weird going on in the 36ers with those rotations.

Bryce Cotton must be just heartbreaking to defend when he gets hold of teams like that. Give him a millimetre too much space and he drains the three, get a millimetre to close and he's finishing at the ring or walking to the the line to shoot three free throws.

It is not even about what he deserves anymore, it would be a grave tactical mistake to go to the olympics without a guy who is plainly the best shot maker in Australia right now, a guy who can win games in a quarter and who terrorises defenders and gets them into foul trouble.

At the olympics he'll get less defensive attention and better passes than he gets in the NBL, and in combination with Mills and Jingles he will give us the most formidable perimeter threat we've ever had.

Mills/Cotton/Ingles/Simmons/Baynes is such a fun looking small ball lineup- Ben is going to penetrate with ease on basically any PF in international basketball, bully anyone smaller, and when he looks up he has a choice of four serious three point threats rotating around him. Basically if people shoot to their career percentages, you're going to play in the gold medal game.

Pretty favourable calls in the last helped United.

Breakers have had a few fadeout.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
What calls did you think were favourable?

We don't have the talent on paper but man we've got some serious heart.
I doubt that will be enough at the business end of the season but I won't be complaining. Blessed to be able to watch this team.

If Cotton was a foot or two taller he'd be dominating the NBA imo. Instead we have the pleasure of watching him dominate a lower standard Australian league.

Wildcats don't look as good as previous years but we'll be in the thick of it again come finals.

Just missing 1 more piece - love Mooney’s game but he’s a very good role player to me - will be interesting if they bring in another import to top it off, could mean a(nother) championship.

Just missing 1 more piece - love Mooney’s game but he’s a very good role player to me - will be interesting if they bring in another import to top it off, could mean a(nother) championship.

Massively underselling Mooney. Get it's a different role in a different roster but he's bettering Kay's numbers by quite a way.

Be not far off 2nd place in the MVP voting so far

Massively underselling Mooney. Get it's a different role in a different roster but he's bettering Kay's numbers by quite a way.

Be not far off 2nd place in the MVP voting so far

Yeah to be honest, I felt that probably does undersell Mooney - I do honestly love his game.

But to me he’s more your Horace Grant than your Scottie Pippen if you get me.

Doesn’t mean that Mooney isn’t a key piece and a genuine star, I just think this team would be topped off with a killer wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gave up ages ago, but

Doesn’t really say much in there except for the Iverson 4th foul which you do see a no call on at times. If you’ve fouled out three times in a row though, I think you need to make an adjustment.

Doesn’t really say much in there except for the Iverson 4th foul which you do see a no call on at times. If you’ve fouled out three times in a row though, I think you need to make an adjustment.

I think he probably feels that's just one of many. As I said, I gave up ages ago and aren't all that fussed.

I think he probably feels that's just one of many. As I said, I gave up ages ago and aren't all that fussed.
No doubt refs do it differently from game to game.

The United Hawks game last week was as physical a game as I’ve seen. Guys on both ends were getting bumped on the way to the basket. If it’s consistent both ways, that’s fine but like most sports it can be hard to come by

No doubt refs do it differently from game to game.

The United Hawks game last week was as physical a game as I’ve seen. Guys on both ends were getting bumped on the way to the basket. If it’s consistent both ways, that’s fine but like most sports it can be hard to come by

Consistency is all you can ask for.

Yeah to be honest, I felt that probably does undersell Mooney - I do honestly love his game.

But to me he’s more your Horace Grant than your Scottie Pippen if you get me.

Doesn’t mean that Mooney isn’t a key piece and a genuine star, I just think this team would be topped off with a killer wing.
Sort of agree with this.

Mooney is playing excellent basketball, he takes high percentage shots, he hoovers the boards at both ends, he's a high quality passer and his movement and passing on offence is really solid. He's the perfect big man to complement Cotton because he doesn't need the offence run through him to contribute really solid numbers. He is the main reason the cats haven't dropped off this year and I think he will play NBA within a few years- there is a lot about him which will make him very attractive to a recruiter looking for a low maintenance backup big to fill out a list.

But he's not playing as a scoring option or a guy the cats try to isolate.

Watching the hawks double cotton very aggressively last night, Perth really would be better if they had another knock down shooter in their starting 5- having both Norton and Travis/Bairstow out there lets opposition teams cheat on perimeter defence to double Cotton.

What do people think of Mooney as a post defender? I have this feeling that he struggles with it a bit but you can't fault the rest of his game.
I think he'd dominate in his traditional 4 spot, but he does struggle against bigger 5 men.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back