VFL VFL: Geelong Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, where is this Selwood sling tackle charge I kept hearing about.

Lol.

It's just taking Christian and the AFL a little longer than expected to put arrangements in place for his solitary confinement in a supermax prison for the next 35 years.

That's all.

With Danger, Duncan, Cameron, Menegola how do we fit in Close and who comes out for those 5

Obviously danger and cameron wont be back for a while but later in the year we will have good competition for spots.

Atkins, Clark, Constable, Evans, Rohan, Dahlhaus

B: O'Connor Henderson Bews
HB: Tuohy Kolo Stewart
C: Duncan CGuthrie Menegola
HF: Smith Cameron Higgins
F: Miers Hawkins Parfitt
R: Stanley Dangerfield Selwood
I: Blicavs Henry ??? ????

Last two spots could be from the following:
Simpson, Close, Jenkins, Dahlhaus, Atkins, Clark, Constable, Evans, Rohan

Clark and Simpson would be the last 2 spots for mine.
Sav will probably get in somewhere when fit-maybe at kolos expense and blitz goes back full time.

Parfitt is a better pressure foward then Dahlhaus. Even in 2019. We also had cocky on the list who was even better again as a pressure foward. We didn’t know at that point he wasn’t coming back.

Parfitts a better player than dahl but he is a mid i wouldnt put him as a small forward.

Geez Holmes is looking like a masterstroke of a trade & draft choice at the minute. You would not be reversing that decision at the minute on very very limited exposure if the Tigers gave us a do over. Looks ever bit a 1sr round pick in his first year. So much X factor and ceiling.

Yep get him in the seniors soon. Not sure whether he'll be best 22 this year come finals but we need to see how quickly he can develop. If he can dominate the VFL after such little footy his ceiling must be huge.

Odds on that happening are at least 100/1. Scotty boy won't drop Dahlhaus, he should follow Kenny's lead and forget the name and stature and drop him like Rockliff has been.
Spot on... CS has his favourites.... be good to replace Dahlhaus with Close, we can only hope

My understanding is that Dahl's on 500k for this year and next so we better hope his form picks up. Gotta say it's not looking good and his best days may be behind him.

If so, looks like an expensive mistake signing him to a long-term contract.

I thought he was a great pickup at the time, I had high hopes for him. For mine, he's been a massive disappointment. As you say, he's on $500 - $550k per year, he needs to do more. His output can be matched by someone like Close, Evans who have greater upside. His kicking is horrendous, no penetration at all and he can't kick more than 40m. He doesn't hit the scoreboard enough either. The money he's being paid purely just to apply pressure, surely we need more in terms of output?

I thought he was a great pickup at the time, I had high hopes for him. For mine, he's been a massive disappointment. As you say, he's on $500 - $550k per year, he needs to do more. His output can be matched by someone like Close, Evans who have greater upside. His kicking is horrendous, no penetration at all and he can't kick more than 40m. He doesn't hit the scoreboard enough either. The money he's being paid purely just to apply pressure, surely we need more in terms of output?

The issue along with all the things you raise is that he is not even putting on elite pressure anymore. Looks a shadow of the player he was. Definitely deserves to be dropped on from and I have a feeling this year they will drop players quite happily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parfitts a better player than dahl but he is a mid i wouldnt put him as a small forward.
We might have to give how our forwards are dropping like flies and the ones that aren’t are terribly out of form. If menegola and Duncan are back I would keep constable and move parfitt foward this week.

There was an old bloke playing for us in the VFL Practice Match yesterday could be some-one to slot in at a later date. Perhaps in two weeks time???

We might have to give how our forwards are dropping like flies and the ones that aren’t are terribly out of form. If menegola and Duncan are back I would keep constable and move parfitt foward this week.

I would too but it wont happen CC will get dropped in that scenario imo.

There was an old bloke playing for us in the VFL Practice Match yesterday could be some-one to slot in at a later date. Perhaps in two weeks time???

Was he dangerous? 😃

How does he look in the ruck has he got much of a technique for it?
After I made this comment he pretty much spend the rest of the game on a wing and didn’t really ruck.
He has a great leap but doesn’t have enough size to be a main ruck as yet.
He took a couple of nice pack marks but was a little fumbly with ground balls which I can understand at his height.

Close doesnt provide a marking option.

we can’t have just Hawkins as a marking option in the foward line.

Jarvis is apparently showing good marking, tackling, goal kicking in VFL practice matches - would be good like for like swap for Rohan. They’ll probably use the spot for Duncan or Menegola. Would be a mistake to go in with just Hawk as the sole marking target.

Close doesnt provide a marking option.

we can’t have just Hawkins as a marking option in the foward line.

There's a bloke named Jeremy Cameron who's on the list who can provide a marking option in the forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back