Unsolved Hunt for Mr Cruel

Remove this Banner Ad

one of the victims talked about the interior of the car, not sure if the police decided it was a Commodore Vacationer ?

This was the interior as described by a victim. It’s reasonably standard-looking.

j8tjrouk93p51.png

But it could definitely be a VH Commodore.

images

So a white VH Vacationer sedan with blue stripes is what they should have been looking for.

We lived in the same street as one of the girls, my sister was in her class.
People go about their lives and rarely notice a car cruising the area. Its clear Mr cruel did multiple drive-by's and more than likely walked the streets.
Hes not looking for a random victim, he had already targeted his victim elsewhere. He's monitoring the victims house over a few weeks and more active in the evenings. Hes most likely picked her because of the school uniform.

Last xmas, a young couple did multiple walk-by's past my house, about 5 in two hours. A week later I saw their images posted in social media. They had been filmed pinching xmas lights. Pays to aware of stangers in your street either on foot or in car. They were making out they were walking their dogs, oh boy those dogs were pretty tired by the end of the day!

This was the interior as described by a victim. It’s reasonably standard-looking.

j8tjrouk93p51.png

But it could definitely be a VH Commodore.
Electric windows? no winder shown?
some poor constable would have gone out and photographed car interiors for comparison, unless they already had a database.

Last edited:
Electric windows? no winder shown?
some poor constable would have gone out and photographed car interiors for comparison, unless they already had a database.

Possibly, though could've just been left off - I understand it was done from Wills' or Lynas' memory.

This article confirms there was a Commodore Vacationer for the VC, VH and VL models: https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/history-of-the-holden-commodore-part-one-vb-vc-vh-vl

They've left off VK for some reason, but there was definitely a VK Commodore Vacationer: https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/...ris-georgaloudis-1985-vk-commodore-vacationer

Of course, there's simple possibilities: it could just be a drunk driver rolling home after a few.

But seen driving into the sidestreet she was released, at the time, eager not to be seen, and driving a car with an interior that somewhat matches the description?

I remain quite staggered this car wasn't found. They had a very, very good description of it: model, badge, colour, colour of stripes.

Last edited:
Do you think his mum did his sewing? I mean the sewing around the eyes of the balaclava.
I dont think you can buy them that way. Trying to hide his blue eyes?

Case has gone colder, no news for a while
was Mr Cruel a south australian man from country SA?

Case has gone colder, no news for a while
was Mr Cruel a south australian man from country SA?

He knew a lot about Melbourne and had a place to take the girls, unless he took them to a motel.

This series of crimes are so ott and with a lot of similarities to the EAR - Joseph Deangelo. DNA eventually got him and he was a cop who should have known to clean up because even Cruel did. It looks like Cruel did a stellar job of leaving his victims without any trace of forensic evidence whatsoever.

He knew a lot about Melbourne and had a place to take the girls, unless he took them to a motel.

This series of crimes are so ott and with a lot of similarities to the EAR - Joseph Deangelo. DNA eventually got him and he was a cop who should have known to clean up because even Cruel did. It looks like Cruel did a stellar job of leaving his victims without any trace of forensic evidence whatsoever.

Mr Cruel was just lucky the police lost key evidence.

They ended up with seven suspects

1. Prime suspect, Brian Elkner

2. Married a Canadian woman and now lives there. His family are not in contact with him.

3. Daylesford. Has changed his name twice by deed poll since 1988. Was tracked down by Hun and told them where to go

4. Harcourt, but now spends most of his time in Melbourne. Uncontactable.

5. Knoxfield. Tradesman. Died in 2015.

6. Balwyn, now lives in Mt Waverley. Contacted by Hun, denied involvement.

7. Glen Iris. Mystery man. No answer at home he lived in 25 years ago. Not on electoral roll, phone book or social media.

So 5 is dead. 7 possibly. Others all probably alive.
If I could only choose one from that list, I would pick the traddie, most likely to have overalls.

we cant rule out an interstate offender.
some body traveling from NSW or up north, may arrive and stay in the north east of melbourne
where as an offender travelling from SA may arrive and seek accommodation on the north west of melbourne
some of MR cruels crimes occured in the north west

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What new info?
Another criminal told Ron who Mr Cruel was & he had a garage fitted out like the drawings... & died about a year after the last crime. He fit the age profile & was a cross dresser

does anyne know of this well known criminal that died in 92?

Ron's informant seemed to know a bit! some specific details of the case.

I wonder how the informant came to view the garage. Was it done up as a granny flat? I wonder what was his relationship to the alledged Mr cruel.
Ron gave a few clues, realestate agent? the proofile was wrong? other crimes dating back to 85, other crimes in south melbourne, cross dresser.
also was a customer of the chan's restaurant and lived close by

Has Ron Cracked the case?

Last edited:

I wonder how the informant came to view the garage. Was it done up as a granny flat? I wonder what was his relationship to the alledged Mr cruel.
Ron gave a few clues, realestate agent? the proofile was wrong? other crimes dating back to 85, other crimes in south melbourne, cross dresser.

Definately got my sleuthing mind started..

Could be a real estate clean up crew as well? End of tenancy or deceased estates - one would think access to keys - then either leasing or home sales. Interesting.

Definately got my sleuthing mind started..

Could be a real estate clean up crew as well? End of tenancy or deceased estates - one would think access to keys - then either leasing or home sales. Interesting.
If you follow the Youtube link and view it on youtube, there are two more podcasts on the subject

If you follow the Youtube link and view it on youtube, there are two more podcasts on the subject
Thanks will have to check it out. Real estate would be a career that would allow freedom for working hours and and access to different houses.
Very interesting.

The stuff of a mini series, shame 1+1 is only 2 .

Nunawading CIB were looking for a blue Transit Van, never publicised to my knowledge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back