Autopsy GC Suns V Roos - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

We won the first last week and thats it buds... my bad 2/8

dont count the last against port, should have put another 5 on the board mate

So what you're saying is that we've won 3/8.

I mean you can not count what you want but it is what it is.

So what you're saying is that we've won 3/8.

I mean you can not count what you want but it is what it is.
Okay,

so in the last where port were punching us up you count that and you also count when GC had the cue in the rack. Technically you’re right (points scored). In my standard, we won 1 and that was the first last week. But hey, port had 8 (edit: whoops sorry 10) shots on goal in the last Q. Its a handy notion to sell young blokes I guess, confidence n all

After the preseason marketing spiel by the club about our yoof, after tonight I just don’t see the future.

Our forward line is a disaster, cannot understand why we would give Larkey another 3 years. He spends more time fixing his hair and flopping than he does leading.

Turner, Mahoney, Walker, Zurhaar up forward are not the future.

Atley, Tyson, Polec soft as butter.

Simpkin has lost the ability to evade.

Thomas steps up when the heat is off. LDU goes when it suits.

We have the knack of spudding up our brightest kids.

In almost 50 years of following the club this is the worst I have seen.

MEH.
It has taken you that long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay,

so in the last where port were punching us up you count that and you also count when GC had the cue in the rack. Technically you’re right (points scored). In my standard, we won 1 and that was the first last week. But hey, port had 8 shots on goal in the last Q. Its a handy notion to sell young blokes I guess, confidence n all

We are fully rebuilding.

We are bottom 4 at minimum, maybe win the spoon for the first time in my life time.

We'll show glimpses and string some plays together.

Hopefully we have a purple patch for a few weeks this year.

I'll take what I can when I can.

Apart from the score one of the most depressing things from tonight's game was that we didn't get one mark and shot on goal in the forward 50 from a lead. I was going to have a shot of muscet with some crushed ice every time that happened. The ice melted.

Another depressing observation, which is even worse, is that I decided that Josh Walker was our best user of the pill!!!!

My first complaint can hopefully be corrected with some intelligent coaching and set ups, but the absence of decisive ball use, well some players never develop it. Hopefully it is an inexperience thing.

Number 26 is going to be a player. Played 20 odd games now and will be a BF winner. Powell did OK for game number 2. These lads are the future.

Okay,

so in the last where port were punching us up you count that and you also count when GC had the cue in the rack. Technically you’re right (points scored). In my standard, we won 1 and that was the first last week. But hey, port had 8 (edit: whoops sorry 10) shots on goal in the last Q. Its a handy notion to sell young blokes I guess, confidence n all

The first this week was ok too, and personally I thought we played outright well in the third. Last quarter against Port was also OK, they had the foot off the gas but we kept plugging away which is nothing to sneer at. Obviously even when we're going well we are falling to pieces when it comes to forward entries and taking our shots on goal, but that doesn't undo all the rest of the work when it comes to judging our development.

I think people need to calm down with the vitriol, 2021 and 2022 is going to suck dick, if you can't deal with it then switch off because your posts writing off everyone is just going to make for comedy gold in the future.

You can't just throw a bunch of players together and expect them to gel overnight, especially when you change up the game plan to play very differently, we have had a perfect storm of losing players, injuries and rebuilding. We would probably be a lot more competitive with Cunnington, Anderson and Dumont all in the side after having strong pre-seasons but that isn't our reality. Lower rotations also hurts us a lot as are moves to make it harder to defend.

Half the side on the park atm is likely not going to be with the club in 3 years time, the list is going to evolve. We are probably going to get a look at a couple more really top end players. What is going to determine if our rebuild is shorter or longer depends on how much gold we can get from those outside of the first round. If we get nothing from Will Walker, Xerri, Taylor, Scott, Comben, Mahony, Perez, Lazzaro, Spicer and Ford then it is going to take us longer.

I'd like us to be more competitive, but it is important we play a brand of footy that will one day allow us to contend rather than play a Scott brand of footy that saw us exit finals every year humiliated. There is still going to be a lot of change over the next few years, the lack of leadership and class on-field is coming home to roost, all the young sides that are looking good now looked hopeless a few years ago, GC even got priority picks they were so sh*t... but our PF final sides routinely came here and lost comfortably, so if you are expecting this side to do a lot better then your grasp on reality is as loose as our foot skills atm.

I think this post should be stickied at the top of the forum.

May I?

Thanks

Because Brad Scott's tenure as a coach is largely responsible for this funk we find ourselves in. His penchant for playing senior but terribly limited players and his stubborn refusal to understand that talent wins flags is pretty much it in a nutshell. The list purging last year was a repudiation of 10 ball breaking years of vanilla,grinding but ultimately ineffectual football. So yep I'm also happy to reset on that insanity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have not seen any vision of any North player look like they have an ounce of care about the sh*t that we are serving up. Losing faith in a lot of the players who the majority of supporters think will be the saviour of the club. First year players for other clubs are showing more in one week than LDU, Jy and TT have collectively shown across two. Powell the best thing about watching us right now. Insipid
Agree! supporters with no fu$:n clue!

Nobody can guarantee that it'll be a rosey future, with this current group.

You can sticky, all you want.

Look around the league, their youngsters are better.

I like Simpkin, but give me Cerra, Gulden, Campbell, Butters any day.

We have too many players who hit grass with their disposals instead of a player, Gold Coast did a great job to pressure us so if we didn't hit the target, the player was under the pump, the other way around we were that 1-2m off our man and it allowed them to just hit target after target with their much better foot skills. It was pretty greasy and we allowed them to take 114 marks, only 8 were contested.

It is fine if the coach wants to attack more, but you need to be able to hit targets and you need forwards who are able to get into space and you need to be able to defend a whole lot better than we did.

The quality of our decision making and execution in the middle is suspect atm and it is the main reason we are getting done like we have the last couple of weeks and in the pre-season games, we just give the ball back to the opposition even when we get a good clearance.
Then it becomes an ass chasing day.. dont want to chase arse all day, its s**t. They’ll learn, hopefully sooner rather than later

Agree! supporters with no fu$:n clue!
Easy to say, thst comment is in regard to Sydney. Who have kennedy, buddy, heeney, parker, Papley, lloyd, rampe all on the park.. our guns are *in off the park. Doesnt help, Tarrant alone would stop the bleeding. Cunnington and jed will provide protection for the younger crop. Would be nice to see these guys all on the park including lukey mac and Dumont

I'm well and truly in the acceptance stage already.
We will likely not win a game this year and that was pretty obvious with how many players we cut and our preseason form. I struggle to see many games where we'll even be genuinely competitive. We've had a handful of competitive quarters in four games, including pre-season.
I still think we cut a couple of players too many and our list management is far from convincing, but that's where we are.
Good news is that things will still get worse most likely as we need to replace Goldy, Ziebell, Cunners and Taz in next couple of years.
The forward line stinks and concerns within the club about the decision to move on Brown seem well founded.
The defensive structure is non existent. GC did training drill stuff at times.
The mids don't chase.
Our disposal is deplorable.
The first half effort was simply abysmal.
We're putting a lot of stock in the likes of Jy and LDU and they should come good, but they have been underwhelming thus far (aside from LDU's first qtr last week). Jy seems to be trying to do too much.
It seems to me our guys look good in pre-season, because they are playing against us.
Tyson is nowhere near it. Waste of a list spot (along with Campbell and Hall). Shows no urgency for a bloke with career on line.
Atley is a horribly underwhelming senior footballer. He played better in second half but he can't make the mistakes he does, every week.
Thomas is class but doesn't do enough, often enough.
Walker is a pure defender.
Zurhaar and Larkey struggling, but playing forward in this team would be like being on death row. You know it's not ending well.
Mahony - goer but needs an elite quality, what is it?
Turner - days since he last kicked a goal? Tries but no impact.

On positive note...
Lazzaro looked good.
Powell shows class. But I refuse to get my hopes up on him as this game always ends in pain at North these days. Fingers crossed he bucks the trend.
McKay and Corr can hold their heads high. As can Young.
Jed cracked in, set an example. But doesn't use it well.
Bonar did well. Maybe try him on ball?

This is the worst North team in 50 years and it's gonna be that way for some time.
Never beaten? Not best year for that slogan.
I just hope we don't waste the draft capital we'll get. The implications of doing that don't bear thinking about.
Said all this last year!!!!!!!!!! Welcome onboard.

I'm well and truly in the acceptance stage already.
We will likely not win a game this year and that was pretty obvious with how many players we cut and our preseason form. I struggle to see many games where we'll even be genuinely competitive. We've had a handful of competitive quarters in four games, including pre-season.
I still think we cut a couple of players too many and our list management is far from convincing, but that's where we are.
Good news is that things will still get worse most likely as we need to replace Goldy, Ziebell, Cunners and Taz in next couple of years.
The forward line stinks and concerns within the club about the decision to move on Brown seem well founded.
The defensive structure is non existent. GC did training drill stuff at times.
The mids don't chase.
Our disposal is deplorable.
The first half effort was simply abysmal.
We're putting a lot of stock in the likes of Jy and LDU and they should come good, but they have been underwhelming thus far (aside from LDU's first qtr last week). Jy seems to be trying to do too much.
It seems to me our guys look good in pre-season, because they are playing against us.
Tyson is nowhere near it. Waste of a list spot (along with Campbell and Hall). Shows no urgency for a bloke with career on line.
Atley is a horribly underwhelming senior footballer. He played better in second half but he can't make the mistakes he does, every week.
Thomas is class but doesn't do enough, often enough.
Walker is a pure defender.
Zurhaar and Larkey struggling, but playing forward in this team would be like being on death row. You know it's not ending well.
Mahony - goer but needs an elite quality, what is it?
Turner - days since he last kicked a goal? Tries but no impact.

On positive note...
Lazzaro looked good.
Powell shows class. But I refuse to get my hopes up on him as this game always ends in pain at North these days. Fingers crossed he bucks the trend.
McKay and Corr can hold their heads high. As can Young.
Jed cracked in, set an example. But doesn't use it well.
Bonar did well. Maybe try him on ball?

This is the worst North team in 50 years and it's gonna be that way for some time.
Never beaten? Not best year for that slogan.
I just hope we don't waste the draft capital we'll get. The implications of doing that don't bear thinking about.
The main problem is, when you look at teams that went down this path it hasn’t ended well.

Just thinking, it feels so strange that we lose by 50+ odd to the GC and I'm already over it in less than an hour. This low expectation thing is weird but also oddly liberating.
It was only 18 months ago that Gold Coast we’re getting smashed from pillar to post and was a laughing stock.

Footy can turn pretty quick if you put the right people in place and make some smart recruiting decisions.

Let’s hope we have it right now and we can start to enjoy what our team brings in the next few years.

We just have to stick it out and hopefully come through the other side.

Was out tonight and just watched on delay.

Our skills are putrid. ******* putrid.

We need to pull a gun key forward out of our arse. We've got no presence down there at all.

You know you're struggling when your best players are all from the backline.

Young talent wise we are miles off Gold Coast, probably 3 drafts worth.

It's going to be a long year.

It was only 18 months ago that Gold Coast we’re getting smashed from pillar to post and was a laughing stock.

Footy can turn pretty quick if you put the right people in place and make some smart recruiting decisions.

Let’s hope we have it right now and we can start to enjoy what our team brings in the next few years.

We just have to stick it out and hopefully come through the other side.
Gold Coast have been building thier list for 12 years, don’t think a I can wait that long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back