Keilor Bowls Club
tenor.gif

webbo_83

Senior List
May 29, 2006
Neerim South
AFL Club
Richmond
I already knew this story, so I think it's been told before? Gibbo had to convince him to come down to the lobby and meet with Clarko.

Another observation though, Warrnambool wouldn't be proud of Jordan Lewis anymore. Those glasses, the toupee, the natty blazers. Yuck.

Elaborate for those not in the know please
Story was that Bud and the boys got into a bit of strife after a bender in LA.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I already knew this story, so I think it's been told before? Gibbo had to convince him to come down to the lobby and meet with Clarko.

Another observation though, Warrnambool wouldn't be proud of Jordan Lewis anymore. Those glasses, the toupee, the natty blazers. Yuck.

Not sure Wbool were proud of him after him and his mates belted the s**t out of a bloke just before he got drafted.

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
I think Jordan is the one with the Clarko problem not Buddy. He thought he was pulled into a meeting to be made captain but was basically told to find another club. Buddy achieved everything he could have with us, was offered way more money and security at Sydney and it offered him a lifestyle that he found appealing - it was nothing to with a dislike of Hawthorn or Clarko.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Jordan Lewis is definitely still dirty about getting the arse.

Melbourne FC is often the tipping point unfortunately, look at Lumumba.

Hawker55

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Denver Broncos
Jordan dislikes Clarkson intensely after being told he didn't have a future at the Hawks when he was expecting to be given the captaincy. That and the fact he's always been a Kennett man (even having his bucks night at Kennett's house).

Lewis got another 3 years out of his career, when I doubt he would have had more than 1 at Hawthorn but instead of embracing it the way Hodge/Birchall etc have, he remains bitter about the whole thing.

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Sydney were into him all year I remember Andrew Ireland said it on Open Mike.
Franklin had already made a decision to leave long before that he had success wanted to set himself up for life $$

Lewis has issues with Clarko for them telling him they no longer wanted him.

webbo_83

Senior List
May 29, 2006
Neerim South
AFL Club
Richmond
The story of Clarkson going to Vegas to meet Buddy was at the end of the 2012 season.

True, but the story that was in the HS a year or two ago told how Pickers was shocked when, less than a handful of days after the 2012 GF they lost to Sydney, Buddy told him that he wanted to move there after the2013 season when his contract expired

Back