Will North rise above 18th?

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Started the season in 18th and have stayed there after a big loss against the Suns. Woeful percentage.

Obviously their best chance to move off bottom is to win a game before another winless side, but there will be no easy games for North this year.

If they find themselves at the foot of the ladder and game(s) behind 17th they’ll have to make up games and percentage. Probably unlikely.

Edit: they could hope that another side have a few North-like shellacking and that team’s % drops below North’s.

Last edited:
If they can start putting higher scores on the board than their opposition, that will go a long way to winning games and moving up the ladder.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Can't see how, tbh. No-one there for them to kick goals, and a very iffy defence - especially with Tarrant out. All the likely bottom 4 contenders in Sydney, Adelaide, Hawthorn and Essendon, all look a long way ahead compared to the Roos this year.

Still for the life of me cannot figure out why they took Phillips instead of McDonald at 3 - given how they have an absolute plethora of quality inside mids - Anderson, Dumont, Cunnington, Simpkin, LDU - but no real tall timber besides Larkey, an injured Comben and a past it Josh Walker.

They also picked up Powell and Lazarro who are strong ball-winners and look likely too, and the top end of draft is just more inside mids and ball winners, so it's still one I just can't wrap my head around. With this in mind, I think Ttheir lack of goalkicking options will ultimately be the thing that will probably relegate them to the bottom of the ladder, and their first wooden spoon of the modern era.

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Short Answer: No

Long Answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I think we're staring down the barrel of a season like GC 2019 or Carlton 2018. If we don't beat Adelaide the following week then we can kiss any hopes of that being otherise goodbye.

Senior players who have been at the club for a while (bar Anderson and Goldstein), Larkey and Zurhaar have all been dissapointing and the yoof are carrying too much weight.

Not taking McDonald (imagine how good our haul would've looked if we took him with the way Powell and Lazzaro are going) has to be something I've never wrapped my head around, we're banking on a key forward who was taken only a year earlier but been a complete injury basket case.

Delivery inside 50 and defensive pressure need to be fixed if this club wants to do anything because both suck a lot.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Short Answer: No

Long Answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I think we're staring down the barrel of a season like GC 2019 or Carlton 2018. If we don't beat Adelaide the following week then we can kiss any hopes of that being otherise goodbye.

Senior players who have been at the club for a while (bar Anderson and Goldstein), Larkey and Zurhaar have all been dissapointing and the yoof are carrying too much weight.

Not taking McDonald (imagine how good our haul would've looked if we took him with the way Powell and Lazzaro are going) has to be something I've never wrapped my head around, we're banking on a key forward who was taken only a year earlier but been a complete injury basket case.

Delivery inside 50 and defensive pressure need to be fixed if this club wants to do anything because both suck a lot.

Thank you! Seriously, I would love for someone from North to explain to me why they made this decision? Just makes no sense at all, and has bothered me since draft night

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I watched Essendon play yesterday, you were much better than us, no chance we finish below you
I would have normally agreed.
Rd10 is unlikely to see shiel return. Draper and caldwell will be touch and go.
And that doesnt count further injuries.

To cover Shiel and caldwell, our next mids are clarke and zaka (both injured) or perkins (hasnt played).

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would have normally agreed.
Rd10 is unlikely to see shiel return. Draper and caldwell will be touch and go.
And that doesnt count further injuries.

To cover Shiel and caldwell, our next mids are clarke and zaka (both injured) or perkins (hasnt played).
In your defence, we should have all of our best players back by then excluding Tarrant. But still, I would have you going into that game as easy favourites.

Doggies 06

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With North's Good Friday (Blockbuster) fast approaching, it's time to review the viability of this game in its current format.

With North locked in as the permanent Home Team the potential for very Low crowds attending this game must be a major concern to the AFL.

Let's face it.

This game needs a major revamp.

harper2bastinac

Team Captain
Dec 28, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
juventus
With North's Good Friday (Blockbuster) fast approaching, it's time to review the viability of this game in its current format.

With North locked in as the permanent Home Team the potential for very Low crowds attending this game must be a major concern to the AFL.

Let's face it.

This game needs a major revamp.

this game doesn’t need a revamp, why should the afl take this game off us when they had spent years trying to get it approved and go above and beyond for the good Friday appeal?
this was our idea and between both our clubs there were 43,000 attending back in 2017.
would you rather another richmond, essendon, hawthorn, Collingwood etc big name game? Us minor teams have nothing and that includes your club that were a laughing stock up until 5 years ago.

Incorrect.

Was when that was said, but you knew that. Obtuse little fellow.

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Was when that was said, but you knew that. Obtuse little fellow.

Same bloke made a thread on the Bay with the exact same lines... also every post I've seen him make it's about North, don't know what we did to anger him so much.

Back