Training 2021 Practice Matches

Anyone have a team list for today?

I know from ant555's posts that Perkins, Stringer, Eyre, Waterman and Johnson have played today against Box Hill, and Cutler didn't as he's the sub for the AFL tonight.

That leaves unknowns: Gleeson, Bryan, Zerk-Thatcher, Reid, Phillips, Brand, McBride, Hird..?

The VFL twitter account has nothin'

Anyone have a team list for today?

I know from ant555's posts that Perkins, Stringer, Eyre, Waterman and Johnson have played today against Box Hill, and Cutler didn't as he's the sub for the AFL tonight.

That leaves unknowns: Gleeson, Bryan, Zerk-Thatcher, Reid, Phillips, Brand, McBride, Hird..?

The VFL twitter account has nothin'
Gleeson yes
Bryan yes
Zerk Thatcher yes
Reid first quarter
Phillips no
Brand yes
McBride 99% sure no
Hird yes

Gleeson handy enough nothing super special.
Bryan has a heap of taps but we did not take advantage of them. Dropped a few marks but got around the ground well.

BZK was okay. Some good and a few minor errors.

Reid played only the first quarter.

Brand up and down a few good things but also caught out a bit. Has the grace of a running giraffe 🦒

Hird handy in the back half.

Waterman good at half back.

Stringer good.

Difference was their VFL players where more polished than ours. We had a lot of the ball but turned it over and our inside 50 kicks where horrible.

Can not say much about individual VFL players as I did not have a team list. Looked to be a very young side.

Gleeson yes
Bryan yes
Zerk Thatcher yes
Reid first quarter
Phillips no
Brand yes
McBride 99% sure no
Hird yes

Gleeson handy enough nothing super special.
Bryan has a heap of taps but we did not take advantage of them. Dropped a few marks but got around the ground well.

BZK was okay. Some good and a few minor errors.

Reid played only the first quarter.

Brand up and down a few good things but also caught out a bit. Has the grace of a running giraffe 🦒

Hird handy in the back half.

Waterman good at half back.

Stringer good.

Difference was their VFL players where more polished than ours. We had a lot of the ball but turned it over and our inside 50 kicks where horrible.

Can not say much about individual VFL players as I did not have a team list. Looked to be a very young side.
Phillips has got to be injured.. hasn’t had a single hit out in the last month. 🤔 Interesting with Reid too, talking him up for a potential debut and now only a quarter of VFL

There's another practice match next weekend that isn't in the OP eth-dog

Essendon v Footscray, NEC Hangar, Saturday, March 27 @ 12:30pm AEDT

There's another practice match next weekend that isn't in the OP eth-dog

Essendon v Footscray, Hangar, Saturday, March 27 @ 12:30pm AEDT
Well it wasn't previously advertised.

And we don't do advertising here.

Okay, so some semblance of a side (Cutler I think will get a run to keep in good nick):

FB: Martin Gleeson - Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - Cody Brand
HB: James Harrold - Zachary Reid - Tom Hird
MF: Tom Cutler - Archie Perkins -???
HF: Lachlan Johnson - Josh Eyre -Danny Younan
FF: David Zaharakis - Jake Stringer - Sam McLarty
OB: Nick Bryan - ??? - ???
IC: VFL tryouts

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Bzt outstanding 1st qtr, 3 contested intercept marks in the d50. Playing on schache/ jamarra

* just as I wrote that, somehow he was allowed to take the kick in and laced out a dogs player.

Bzt outstanding 1st qtr, 3 contested intercept marks in the d50. Playing on schache/ jamarra

* just as I wrote that, somehow he was allowed to take the kick in and laced out a dogs player.
Any more updates? Would be a good week to put your hand up.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Any more updates? Would be a good week to put your hand up.
Stringer - was busting through the middle, but a few blind kicks to no one. Still looks a tad underdone and needs to be fitter.
Perkins - love the way he hits a contest at speed, but at sometimes tries to do too much and force the ball when it’s not there. Kicking needs to improve a tad to hold up at afl level.

bzt - was really good early, read the ball well in the air at took some telling marks. Gets exposed on the lead though and his disposal by foot is poor to say the least.

zaka - saying he was rusty would be nice. Made crucial errors in possession chains moving through the middle of the ground.

Eyre - Looks really really promising, has great hops and has that presence a key forward needs. Could be something special give him 24 months.

Brand - Real competitor, did some nice things. Just needs time.

Hird - Competes, is very questionable by foot.

Stringer - was busting through the middle, but a few blind kicks to no one. Still looks a tad underdone and needs to be fitter.
Perkins - love the way he hits a contest at speed, but at sometimes tries to do too much and force the ball when it’s not there. Kicking needs to improve a tad to hold up at afl level.

bzt - was really good early, read the ball well in the air at took some telling marks. Gets exposed on the lead though and his disposal by foot is poor to say the least.

zaka - saying he was rusty would be nice. Made crucial errors in possession chains moving through the middle of the ground.

Eyre - Looks really really promising, has great hops and has that presence a key forward needs. Could be something special give him 24 months.

Thanks for the update. I'm surprised at Hird's disposal I thought he was usually clean. BZT has always been shonky.

Thanks for the update. I'm surprised at Hird's disposal I thought he was usually clean. BZT has always been shonky.
Yeah Hird's disposal by foot being poor strikes me as a bit odd. Why would you choose to play a sport where you can't use your hands if your feet are no good?

So it was mostly VFL guys trying out I assume?

Jacob Thompson? Yeah he’s an assistant coach for the vfl team now aswell.
Yep. Was basically the VFL's version of Brett Ebert. Good medium forward who could hoof it

Back