AFL 2021 AFL Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers to ASP3X for making me aware of these ones. Not as good a value as the lynch/Riewoldt one, but still solid IMO.

2.5u - Darling/Kennedy 5+ goals combined (BYObet) - $2.60 - SB

2016, 2017, 2018 these two collectively averaged over 5 goals a game between them, 2019 they averaged 4.69, 2020 in the shortened quarters, 3.67 (4.01 20% added). Both have a strong history against the dogs, and the bulldogs inability to defend key forwards is often stated. As said a couple times during the round, I’m really liking the amount of one-on-one opportunities we’re seeing for key forwards this year.

Goals gone dry fu**in typical
I'm not sold these new rules have increased the scoring of the game. There has been an increase in 50 metre penalties this season compared to last season. I'd even say that teams are holding possession better and in tight games, teams leading are slowing down the pace and playing to the game clock. (as in previous seasons)

Last season we got dreary football on a weekly basis. You were lucky to get 1-2 really good games a week.

I'm not sold these new rules have increased the scoring of the game. There has been an increase in 50 metre penalties this season compared to last season. I'd even say that teams are holding possession better and in tight games, teams leading are slowing down the pace and playing to the game clock. (as in previous seasons)

Last season we got dreary football on a weekly basis. You were lucky to get 1-2 really good games a week.
Clarkson games are no go zones, especially at the G

campaigner just sends numbers back and makes it an eyesore

The game compared to 25 years ago, is a much different beast. Teams in past decades used to go long ball on a regular basis, these days its about maintaining possession from one end to the other.

Watching the womens game, a couple of years ago, all they did was go long on most occassions. But if you watch the better sides, they too are now holding on to possession at all costs.

Anyway to compare it to a soccer analogy, think of Manchester City or Barcelona, playing that keep you off style footy is how I equate to how AFL footy is these days.

Clarkson games are no go zones, especially at the G

campaigner just sends numbers back and makes it an eyesore
Hawks were one of the terrible teams to watch last season. Really slow , non-risk taking stuff. Weren't really willing to roll the dice even when down. Hey I know he has 4 premierships in the bag but as a neutral you would least want to see them play some attacking and entertaining stuff. The only game I remember last year where they really threw caution into the wind was the last round win over Gold Coast when they kicked their highest score of the season. (107 points)

Can't compare, zoning is what makes it impossible to go long and why teams like to hold on to the ball and slowly move up as you move the ball up. I think scoring has increased, its making it harder for teams to just hold onto the ball (Pies went a lot fast round 2). Will be interesting to see how the slower teams handle it, teams like WC, Hawks, Freo, Pies etc. Richmond to an extent as well as they normally play a zone in the middle of the ground to bring the game to a scrappy level and beat opponents with better skill. Reckon we will see it evolve throughout the year, either into higher scoring or you'll get teams playing almost a roos/lyon style eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway I doubt in todays game between WCE and Dogs if we will see a quarter hit 8 goals or more.

I love to see attacking footy. I think the neutral fan wants to see goals, I think the AFL wants to see goals.....but it aint happening in the Dogs v WCE game. It will be a Finals like game.I think WCE play a similar style to Collingwood, and the Dogs game last week only had 122 points . I'd be surprised if it was an end-to-end style of game.

Anyway I doubt in todays game between WCE and Dogs if we will see a quarter hit 8 goals or more.

I love to see attacking footy. I think the neutral fan wants to see goals, I think the AFL wants to see goals.....but it aint happening in the Dogs v WCE game. It will be a Finals like game. I think WCE play a similar style to Collingwood, and the Dogs game last week only had 122 points . I'd be surprised if it was an end-to-end style of game.

I agree todays a no bet in terms of totals, It'll come down to who gets on top. I don't think WC just hold on the the ball if they are 20 down early. The pies did change up style this week, but WC I think will most likely be the most resistant to change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back