Review Dogs 100 def Eagles 93 - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at the game and was up and about but watching the replay after Bruce kicked that goal 1/2 way through the last quarter and no one in the bulldogs camp (players playing for Footscray) even batted an eyelid... not even a golf clap

Probably cos they put us all in the same little section. Seriously crowd restrictions are a joke what’s the point when they pile you all in together anyway. 100% and back to normal next week ffs
Ehhh I don’t know there were heaps of fans on both wings and opposite the members side on level 3. Only empty spots were behind goals level 3 and medallion club.

We will be back to 100% soon BUT the online ticketing will remain for this year for covid tracing. Besides we need to book tickets online for away games anyway.

Haven't read other posts as just got back home after 2.5 hour drive. A few quick observations:
- Bont great finish
- Bruce worked his ar5e off, although bloke in front of us who kept calling him a witch's hat couldn't see it
- Chamberlain is either incompetent or a deadset cheat - likely both. The free to Jones against Duryea that became 50 and a certain goal was bad, the non- decision when mcgovern dragged it back in par for the course. When he got bowled over I really hoped it was the end of his umpiring career.
- i love Caleb Daniel - but wtf?

Oh, and Luke Beveridge is a ****ing idiot.

Seemed like the Eagles put more pressure on him than he usually cops
Thought Caleb sometimes over played his hand running back into trouble on the goal line. Mostly he is a great decision-maker that one was an obvious brain fart, but easy from the armchair. Just occasionally should take the obvious option rather than try and be too cute

And he had some absolute shocking moments. They all did.

You can’t judge a game on only positives mate.

But that’s a good thing that they didn’t play well and we got the W

funnily enough he’s one of those players I never really notice, so he must have done something good

so much room for improvement with this team, feel like they will grow into this season and we’ll all have a happy October

Great win. Hail the Bont. Macrae, Libba, Treloar and Williams good. Nic Nac nearly set up a win for them. Not to many passengers but Scott looked lost. Obviously we are a class tall defender short and Ryan Gardner is just about the most one dimensional player I have ever seen "see ball punch ball".

Agree re JJ. He is not out of the team for need or skill it is something else that he has been asked to do that he hasn’t done. The new rules are made for him - one of the top metres gained players in the league and a beautiful kick on the run. His ability to run over teams when they get tired would also suit. But it sounds like a team rules type thing? I wouldn’t have a clue but trying to find a good reason.

Interestingly Dale performing so well - has made it harder to tag Daniel as the set up player. As a running back JJ is a star but how did Scott go defensively? Hard to tell on TV. Was hoping Richards would also play that role and is a bigger and better defender.

I don’t agree with playing too many kids if you don’t need to but Khamis might have done alright tonight - we needed a third man up Mark?
Bevo and others have publicly stated its JJs defence he needs to work on, he will be back for sure sometime

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't read other posts as just got back home after 2.5 hour drive. A few quick observations:
- Bont great finish
- Bruce worked his ar5e off, although bloke in front of us who kept calling him a witch's hat couldn't see it
- Chamberlain is either incompetent or a deadset cheat - likely both. The free to Jones against Duryea that became 50 and a certain goal was bad, the non- decision when mcgovern dragged it back in par for the course. When he got bowled over I really hoped it was the end of his umpiring career.
- i love Caleb Daniel - but wtf?

Oh, and Luke Beveridge is a ****ing idiot.
Dare I ask, why?

Loved Adz getting into Ray about holding the ball in the 4th it was good to see!!
Nik Nat played well but we would of 100% lost if we only went into this game with English as our only ruck, Martin has been a big part why we are 2-0.
What a steal Vandermeer was in the draft he’s going to be a 200 game player, love his aggressiveness and never give up attitude.
Scott and McNeil out for Wood and West or Cav please.

What a roller coaster of a game!! Go Dogs

From watching the game live this week and what I could see on the replay last week I’m starting to see teams roll back everyone into our forward half and wait on a turnover which will inevitably happen.

We are a bottom 4 transition team and they hope to hurt us on rebound which the Eagles and pies both did several times.

Means if we don’t go at warp speed our forward line in clogged up and the oppositions half is open for plenty of room on turnover.

The Eagles torched our mids from their own defensive 50 today. Time and time again they ran in waves and ran it into their forward line as easy as possible

To win the first two with this glaring issue is a huge positive but unless it’s fixed we aren’t scaring the big boys in finals
would have thought WC are a big boy but no doubt we can get better

Dare I ask, why?

Selection /Match ups, no obvious attempt to counter NicNat's dominance, amongst others. I have a feeling we win games in spite of his decisions, not because of them. The gloss has slowly been wearing off IMO. Others may not agree, just my opinion amongst many on here.

Oh and the ridiculous over-use of handball when we often end up bombing the final possession in anyway. Meanwhile eagles go direct and their talls create a contest. We had a similar forward structure in 3 talls, yet continually burn them.

Plenty here with a short memory. I know Wallis has played two ordinary games but he was the one player we could count on from set shots last year. And was easily the leading goalkicker for the club.

In true BF fashion just two successive games where he has missed shots means he must be dumped to be replaced by a hopeful from the seconds.

Have we forgotten that in 2018 he kicked 20.3, in 2020 he kicked 25.18 and his career record is 101.56. If there's one bloke on the list I'd want taking a set shot from 35m out to win the game on the final siren it'd be Wally.

Yes he needs to improve on his recent form but I'd have thought he still had quite a few credits in the bank.
I'd like to see Cavarra given another chance but surely Lipinski, Scott or McNeil are first in line to make way, not Wallis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back