Reid bump on Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006

It'll be interesting to see the result of this bump (sorry I couldn't figure out how to embed the video).

To me, from the "standard" shot from the wing, it looks like Reid has barely even chosen to bump - he's just braced himself and his height caused the Fyfe concussion. Then you see another angle in slo-mo that makes it look much worse.

He'll get a couple of weeks, and it'll be such a travesty.

It'll be interesting to see the result of this bump (sorry I couldn't figure out how to embed the video).

To me, from the "standard" shot from the wing, it looks like Reid has barely even chosen to bump - he's just braced himself and his height caused the Fyfe concussion. Then you see another angle in slo-mo that makes it look much worse.

He'll get a couple of weeks, and it'll be such a travesty.
No it won’t. It’s the exact thing they are trying to get out of the game, hits that concuss players.

Reid chose to bump, hit him in the head, lifted his elbow after Fyfe dropped as he was putting force into his “bracing”. Vision from the otherside shows Reid saw Fyfe coming and turned his head before the contact after lining him up. Wasn’t looking at the ball like Fyfe.

It’s worse than Dangers in my opinion. 3 weeks.

Not sure where I sit on this one.

On one hand Reid wasn't looking to line him up, but on the other, he did seem to brace and launch into him a little after seeing him in his peripheral vision. And we know the tribunal loves punishing outcome over intent.

Genuine 50/50 as to which way they'll go. I wouldn't be upset if they ruled it an accidental football incident.

Will go but not that much in it, hardly lined him up. The Lachie Schultz bump on Green clearly left the ground and got him high, was way worse, but Green was fine so they wont look at it. The reality is until they suspend the action and not the result players will keep bumping players high.

This is an interesting one

Dangerfield changed direction to intentionally bump

Reid was pushed into bracing for a bump while Fyfe was in a day dream

If it was action based there would be no weeks but being the vAFL is outcome based this could be weeks

Borderline. Didn't look like he was going to bump but footage seems like he looks up a bit and raise the elbow/arm after the hit.

Don't understand the Dangerfield comparison - Dangerfield elected to bump, this one is almost? accidental.

On one hand Reid wasn't looking to line him up, but on the other, he did seem to brace and launch into him a little after seeing him in his peripheral vision. And we know the tribunal loves punishing outcome over intent.

Genuine 50/50 as to which way they'll go. I wouldn't be upset if they ruled it an accidental football incident.
I concur with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn't be a ban for this. But won't be surprised if Christian gives one out.
Stood his ground and collided with a player with zero awareness. Seems to be pushed in that direction too by his Fremantle opponent.

Should not be rubbed out because Fyfe isn't looking where he's running.

Shouldn't be a ban for this. But won't be surprised if Christian gives one out.
Stood his ground and collided with a player with zero awareness. Seems to be pushed in that direction too by his Fremantle opponent.

Should not be rubbed out because Fyfe isn't looking where he's running.
Fyfe is running thru a contest. It happens all the time yet players move out of the way instead of blocking/bumping.

Reid isn’t bracing, he’s bumping and hit him in the head. Just because he is stationary, doesn’t change the damage or result.

Pfft, nothing in this. What's he meant to do, let Fyfe run into him and remain unprotected? Tackle Fyfe without the ball?

Reid's lucky not to be injured by an aimless Fyfe!

Common sense says everyone move on. But this is the AFL.

People are clueless on body movement. These things are unavoidable, it’s unrealistic to just expect him to move out of the way or brace for impact in another manner.
Despite Dangers 3 weeks, I say none for this one.
However I think Reid will cop something to ‘show’ consistency. 2 possibly 3 which would be outrageous.

3 weeks. Fyfe completely unaware. Carbon copy of dangers but worse because Fyfe was less prepared.

how in the hell is it a carbon copy? danger ran at the bloke with the sole intention of bumping his opponent who had the ball.

neither fyfe nor reid had the ball. reid was not running at the bloke to bump him.

this!!! couldn't agree more

So there's been all the talk about accidental head clashes and that you can't hip and shoulder anymore.

Well Matty Lloyd said back in the day he was gonna protect himself and then got so scared of being suspended he didn't turn his body and this happens

How is this safer? Stupidest way to teach a young bloke to go for the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back