Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs Cartlon + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Fyfe, Acres
In: Treacy, Sturt

Walters I'm not overly hopeful for, but could be back.
I can't see them omitting one player who plays mid and one player who play mid/forawrd for two pure forwards.
Blakely and Treacy in for Fyfe and Colyer would be my choice. Logue fo Cox if there is anything wrong with his hip.

Out: Fyfe, Acres, Colyer
In: Treacy, Sturt, Walters

Colyer was much better today but still managed to have me cursing in the last. And we know he can go full dunderhead at any time. If Walters is not 100% ready, then Henry (who the coach has already said will be back)

Then the following week Fyfe comes in for one of the rucks (Treacy can ruck in F50). Makes us a little more mobile.

Last edited:
Tabs, Treacy, Darcy, Meek is a lot of tall! Then Schultz, Switta and add in Walters is a lot of small.
Not much in between by way of medium forwards, except Frederick.

I don’t think Blakely automatically gets a game just because he was sub today.

I only saw the second half - how did Giro go?

Tabs, Treacy, Darcy, Meek is a lot of tall! Then Schultz, Switta and add in Walters is a lot of small.
Not much in between by way of medium forwards, except Frederick.

I don’t think Blakely automatically gets a game just because he was sub today.

I only saw the second half - how did Giro go?

I thought Giro was mostly underwhelming, he didn't do a lot wrong - he just didn't impact the game in any noticeable way. Tugged the wing a fair bit and chipped the ball around a few times. He's easily replaceable for me, dependant on personnel. To be honest I thought Colyer was better. Never thought I'd be typing that before the game! :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see there being too many changes based upon a winning result. Maybe depends on Fyfe's concussion situation and if Conca is injured

IN: Sturt, Treacy

Might be too soon for Walters and Logue, depending on how conservative we decide to be. All 4 in would be handy, hard to drop too many after today

I thought Giro was mostly underwhelming, he didn't do a lot wrong - he just didn't impact the game in any noticeable way. Tugged the wing a fair bit and chipped the ball around a few times. He's easily replaceable for me, dependant on personnel. To be honest I thought Colyer was better. Never thought I'd be typing that before the game! :straining:
Thought Giro was slow to play on. Quick player but slow decision maker based on today's showing. Could just be rusty though, played well enough to keep his spot over Acres.

Thought Giro was slow to play on. Quick player but slow decision maker based on today's showing. Could just be rusty though, played well enough to keep his spot over Acres.

Yes agree, he's missed a lot of football. Good to see him out there getting an opportunity. Could be making way next for a Walters though

Treacy —> Fyfe (logical & easy choice)

Could also see:
Sturt —> Colyer (he was good today but of the small forwards he’s the weakest - he does play a bit higher but Frederick could play that role)
Logue —> Chapman (his kicking was great today but his work in tight wasn’t great and got caught out of position defensively a few times)

Think Walters comes back a week later.
Henry comes back via the WAFL.
They’ll probably change the sub over too, I’d look at any of the guys dropped or Thomas/Western

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The whole “ya can’t drop anyone after a win” theory is stupid. If Walters is fit he comes straight in, simple as. He’s an AA for gods sake. What are we going to do - play him at Peel in WAFL round 1 just because Colyer hit a few targets today?
Sturt is also too good for WAFL and needs to come in and add some goal scoring power if available.

remember when we we linked with Casbolt a few trade periods ago (or probably more)...?! Even with our talls "crisis" I think we dodged a bullet there, watched him the 2 times they've been on 7 and he's absolutely dog poo

My only two ins are Treacy and Blakely.

Sturt and Logue need some time in the wafl. Walters is still 50/50 on his injury. Henry also needs some wafl game time because he thinks he is better than what he is. Carlton are going to throw everything they have at us. We have a winning side so no point making too many changes.

And yes before you all kill me sturt and logue can come in against N Melb the next week.

Sturt and Walters in
Fyfe and giro out

blakely is perfect medical sub to play in multiple roles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back