Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aside from his slipping over, he's actually done OK in a position he's not really made for (taking the number 1 gorilla). Considering where he's come from fitness and mental health wise, he's holding it together. Whilst this season will be tough for him (until Bambrose and Stewart return), it could be the making of him.
If stringer returns this week, hooker needs to go back to provide that cover and guidance.

Cant see how stringer, jones, wright and hooker all play fwd 50

If stringer returns this week, hooker needs to go back to provide that cover and guidance.

Cant see how stringer, jones, wright and hooker all play fwd 50

If Truck didn't send Hooker back to stop Dixon, he is literally never going to send him back. Looks like Aaron is going to be minding the monster forwards until Stewart/Ambrose is back.

If Truck didn't send Hooker back to stop Dixon, he is literally never going to send him back. Looks like Aaron is going to be minding the monster forwards until Stewart/Ambrose is back.

I agree, but I also see what citizen-erased is saying re the forward line with all the talls. Remember that before Hurley was struck by his infection issues, Hooker was training back and Hurley forward.

Aside from his slipping over, he's actually done OK in a position he's not really made for (taking the number 1 gorilla). Considering where he's come from fitness and mental health wise, he's holding it together. Whilst this season will be tough for him (until Bambrose and Stewart return), it could be the making of him.
Ambrose is meant to be playing forward 😬

true. but doesnt change the fact he needs to go there. :)
No FB options. AA FB sitting in the fwd line. Only we'd see this as a conundrum.

Francis was fine. Barely made a mistake playing Dixon.

Peak Rance and Harris Andrews would be the only players I reckon get close to stopping Dixons on the lead in all of that space.

Frang seems to slip over more than any other player in the AFL.

I was going to say second, but half the time it's Tippa just throwing himself around.

Love him, but gee, he frustrates me with his bump first instead of tackle and the going to ground. If he could improve in both these areas he'd be ever better than he is.

He doesn't even need to not play key position, just not on the most dangerous tall forward. That gives him licence to sag off, intercept and rebound more, impact other contests as the third man up and limits the damage of his occasional lapses - and in turn frees Ridley up more too.
1617436406049.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back