Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL call on Friday night with Huddo, Gerard and Gerald is good.

I flicked the post-game on while in bed last night. Bugger all analysis, Gerard doing nothing but reading ads, and I reckon they were off air by 10.45.

I miss post-footy game talkback. I got a bit of a perverted kick out of half-cut nuffies ringing and crying on the radio.

I flicked the post-game on while in bed last night. Bugger all analysis, Gerard doing nothing but reading ads, and I reckon they were off air by 10.45.

I miss post-footy game talkback. I got a bit of a perverted kick out of half-cut nuffies ringing and crying on the radio.
I don't care if it's only on Thursday, Friday and Sunday nights. Bring back Finey's final siren and let it run til 3am.

That reminds me a bit of Ernie Sigley, who used to pretend that he suddenly remembered all sorts of stuff, but he was just reading what his lackies had Googled and put on the screen for him. :tongueoutv1:

Sigley’s nickname in the AW office was “Topper Sigley.” Always had to one-up every guest he interviewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Pickers, Maher or Cornes on Crunch Time?
Devastating
So refreshing to listen to experts who know their stuff , no ego , no garbage just proper informative footy chat .

Got to say Gerard works really with both Leppa and Jennings too.

for those who enjoy theyre after game radio chat with a slight bent,you cant go wrong with Rex's ramblings :oops: on AW...i dont know if
his past alliance with a regular caller named Muzza is staged ,but if it isnt its an unhinged past.
Karen, the Baptist-preacher from Sunshine whom I doubt has ever attended a game, the running-gag with the bloke who has two-dozen analog TV's; Rex who wants to machine gun down terrorists in Swanston St,...fun for the whole family :huh:

So refreshing to listen to experts who know their stuff , no ego , no garbage just proper informative footy chat .

Got to say Gerard works really with both Leppa and Jennings too.
Really enjoyed it. Interesting talking to a prominent person from a club yesterday who said when interviewed by Gerard felt very comfortable and really liked him , but around the same time was interviewed by Deewayne and he said he was all over the place and had NFI

I don't care if it's only on Thursday, Friday and Sunday nights. Bring back Finey's final siren and let it run til 3am.

After Thursday nights match Parkin was on , then in case you missed it , at midnight another replay of last Saturday’s Off the bench from SIX days ago

Damien Watson did talkback melded into overnights after Friday and Sat nights matches

They would be better off getting Finey to ring as a caller , flick a few switches , and let Finey take the talk back from his lounge , car , pub tab or greyhound track.

I think Finey's Final Siren is lionised because it was the last show still doing footy talkback. I don't think it matters which station does it, I just want it back.

With that said though, it's ridiculous that a sports station won't pay a presenter to do talkback between 11pm - midnight on a Friday night. It's such easy, cheap content.

me - Err, yeah, hi Dwayne. The Bathurst 6 Hour is on next week. How do you reckon it'll go? Do you think there'll be controversy like there was a couple of years ago?

Derwayne - I hope there's no controversy, like there would've been had Dangerfield got off last week. Next caller...

me - Err, yeah, hi Dwayne. The Bathurst 6 Hour is on next week. How do you reckon it'll go? Do you think there'll be controversy like there was a couple of years ago?

Derwayne - I hope there's no controversy, like there would've been had Dangerfield got off last week. Next caller...
No way is that real??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back