Votes: 13 14.9%
  • He'll run out puff by the year's end

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • No way, jose'!

Votes: 24 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not very helpful for Fogarty with Tex in form. But he should of taken his chances last 2 years. You snooze, you lose.

I'd be perfectly okay with a 50+ goal season from him. That would definitely be a return to form

I don't think he gets AA, but if he continues at his current pace without injuries, he's a big chance for the squad
It’s looking like a contract year to me.

You fishing for likes with this thread John?

I would rather Thilthorpe kicked 100 tbh. There I said it! Come at me all you Walker defenders..lol. If Thilthorpe was kicking them just as Logan McDonald is doing for Sydney then I would know that we have another 15 years of goals to come from him instead of one more year from Tex before he retires. Party pooper aren't I. More so a realist but I know a lot of the club defenders like to live in La La land where everything will be ok if you just believe hard enough. Please, spare me.

Anyone that thinks Tex is part of our next flag is delusional but it's good to see him turning back the clock. I just wish he had played like that the last 3 years. The downside of Walker playing well is that he will be given another year or two which will further hurt the development of players on our list. But hey the club can milk this for all it's worth all year to increase those hits on the website.

Just get Thilthorpe and Himmelberg in the team for Frampton and Lynch as I said preseason. I'm tired of watching them waste time "going through the process" to come to the conclusion late in the season that this is the best setup when they should have had the expertise to know before the season started. Wasting time trying to prove points will not help us.

Last edited:

Key forwards kicking 100 goas seasons is sadly something that has been lost in the modern game however hopefully the new man on the mark rule will see a return of key forwards kicking bags of goals

We may never get back to 100 goals a season however its great to see key forwards kicking bags of goals

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would rather Thilthorpe kicked 100 tbh. There I said it! Come at me all you Walker defenders..lol. If Thilthorpe was kicking them just as Logan McDonald is doing for Sydney then I would know that we have another 15 years of goals to come from him instead of one more year from Tex before he retires. Party pooper aren't I. More so a realist but I know a lot of the club defenders like to live in La La land where everything will be ok if you just believe hard enough. Please, spare me.

Anyone that thinks Tex is part of our next flag is delusional but it's good to see him turning back the clock. I just wish he had played like that the last 3 years. The downside of Walker playing well is that he will be given another year or two which will further hurt the development of players on our list. But hey the club can milk this for all it's worth all year to increase those hits on the website.

Just get Thilthorpe and Himmelberg in the team for Frampton and Lynch as I said preseason. I'm tired of watching them waste time "going through the process" to come to the conclusion late in the season that this is the best setup when they should have had the expertise to know before the season started.
You must be fun at parties.

Not very helpful for Fogarty with Tex in form. But he should of taken his chances last 2 years. You snooze, you lose.
I don’t think it’s a straight swap for Tex and Fog. If Tex stays in form, Fog is competing more with Frampton and Berg. If he can get more fit, then perhaps can replace Lynch.

Just get Thilthorpe and Himmelberg in the team for Frampton and Lynch as I said preseason. I'm tired of watching them waste time "going through the process" to come to the conclusion late in the season that this is the best setup when they should have had the expertise to know before the season started. Wasting time trying to prove points will not help us.
I think you’re missing a bigger picture. If Tex fires, everyone in the team walks taller, and the kids play with more gusto. There is a synergistic effect that he has on the team, perhaps more than any other player in our club currently.

We should be celebrating an in-form Tex, whether it’s his first year or his last, whether we’re in a rebuild or whether we’re still going to stink this year.

And no, I don’t fish for likes. I come on to make dialogues with a bunch of strangers with a shared passion for the club.

If he can kick 50 this year that will be great for him especially after a horrible 2020 and may renew his confidence to play another season or two.

Our determination for one of our tall forwards to be a chop out ruckman means this will never be true.
You raise an interesting point. It was perhaps a true statement in the past, but if Tex remains the in-form forward this year, and Fog impresses in SANFL, then I can see him being given games in place of Frampton or perhaps McAdam if they’re injured or out of form. This year, Nick has more flexibility to experiment and worthwhile to try different combinations throughout the year. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uhhh as a Carlton supporter I am watching Tex in awe; he could’ve kicked 10 tonight had he been more selfish! He had 20+ disposals and 12 score involvements.

And no, even if he doesn’t get near 100 I don’t think this thread is embarrassing at all. It’s unknown how this season will pan out with the rule changes but I’m pretty confident that we’ll see a 75+ goal Coleman medalist this year.

Uhhh as a Carlton supporter I am watching Tex in awe; he could’ve kicked 10 tonight had he been more selfish! He had 20+ disposals and 12 score involvements.

And no, even if he doesn’t get near 100 I don’t think this thread is embarrassing at all. It’s unknown how this season will pan out with the rule changes but I’m pretty confident that we’ll see a 75+ goal Coleman medalist this year.
You hit in on the nail. It really isn’t about how many goals he ends up with, but his form is something every footy fan should appreciate, not just by the Crows fans. When Tex is playing well, the game is better for it.

if COVID ruins the opportunity of the crowd running on the field after the ton i will be fuming!!!!!!!!

My man love is through the roof for the big fella.

I'd love for him to get the Coleman and stick it up those Vic journalists who have always given him a hard time and ridiculed him.

You could tell his goals early on inspired the team to wake the hell up.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
What’s impressing me is his non-selfish acts. He could have easily got 7 or more goals tonight. I was kind of disappointed Sholl took a mark in front of Tex, where Tex shielded him for the mark. Had Tex marked it instead of Sholl, it would have been his sweet spot, kicking from 45-50m out. But the non-selfish acts is what leadership is really about.

Back