Early Wins The Pathway to Top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We have the chance to bank 6 wins to commence the season. The last time we banked a long run of wins to start the season was 2008 we had 7 wins and draw before we lost to north by 3 points and we finished 3rd at the end of the home and away season.

We play WCE Coast home, North away, Lions home at Mars, Suns at home and GWS at Manuka. Before playing the tigers at the G. I understand no game is a give me just look at the cats and lions last week. Obviously the 2 hardest games are WCE and Lions but both are at home. I do not think GWS are much good this season and we love beating them.

Win the first 6 and 9 wins from the last 16 games would give us 15 wins and top 4 spot.

The last two years did end up hurting us because we dropped winnable matches and had to scramble at the end of the year, it's absolutely best to bank early wins and then build on that when the wheels start coming off for other teams.

Two wins 4 to go to be 6 zip before the Tigers in Round 7 surely beat North the Suns at home AND GWS at Manuka. The lions are now at severe disadvantage with Covid we should beat them at Mars and GWS. Cannot see us missing top 4 if we go 6 zip. The flag is a 3 horse race Tigers, Power and Dogs. Nothing like going the early crow or being optimistic.

Two wins 4 to go to be 6 zip before the Tigers in Round 7 surely beat North the Suns at home AND GWS at Manuka. The lions are now at severe disadvantage with Covid we should beat them at Mars and GWS. Cannot see us missing top 4 if we go 6 zip. The flag is a 3 horse race Tigers, Power and Dogs. Nothing like going the early crow or being optimistic.
Eagles are in contention as of right now. Very efficient side with two powerful forwards.

3 down 3 to go to get to 6 in a row before the tigers, this week being the hardest game in the next 3 games. I am super confident we will get on done. Win the midfield and you win most games and we will win the midfield.

Last edited:
Percentage is key and they must continue to put away opposition teams like they did last night. I hope it serves as a confidence booster because this team can go all the way with some self-belief.

I dont think we can win at Mars against lions especially with calebdaniel rucking and stef martin sweeping of half back, trelor will be dropped into 2s to work on his hair cut which was real buffy all game and id like o see lingj in for naughton for that little bit of spice . (surely this is what bevo is thinking right?)

seriously... cant you see it .. that we can beat anyone and will destroy whoever gets in our way attitude? cant see us loosing in Victoria period

except for carlton and stkilda

Percentage is key and they must continue to put away opposition teams like they did last night. I hope it serves as a confidence booster because this team can go all the way with some self-belief.
A strong percentage in some circumstances can be equivalent to an extra win, and historically we've never been able to achieve this.

In all of the seasons we've made finals over the past 30 odd years, we've never really had a strong percentage with our best being 2009 and 2010 with 122% and 125% respectively. Meanwhile the strongest teams each season regularly have percentages of 130%+.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back