Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardiff City
This campaigner needs to be made an example of. What an absolute *******.
Could end up being a decent cluster now. Complete idiot and needs jail time for that.

And now it turns out the information about hosting a party is completely false... Qld attorney-general refusing to apologise as well, despite the individual being slaughtered across social media.

Apparently the person is living in a share house, put down 2-5 contacts on the form (the other people and their partners who are living under the same roof) and it has been misinterpreted as 25 by whomever processed it.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
So maybe no house party. Another example of a state government jumping the gun on worst case scenarios, you cannot afford this if you want to maintain credibility, especially when you need the public to listen if an actual outbreak involving many people occurs.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
So maybe no house party. Another example of a state government jumping the gun on worst case scenarios, you cannot afford this if you want to maintain credibility, especially when you need the public to listen if an actual outbreak involving many people occurs.
Still unexplained community spread, more than happy for the borders to QLD to stay closed for now

And now it turns out the information about hosting a party is completely false... Qld attorney-general refusing to apologise as well, despite the individual being slaughtered across social media.

Apparently the person is living in a share house, put down 2-5 contacts on the form (the other people and their partners who are living under the same roof) and it has been misinterpreted as 25 by whomever processed it.
Good grief

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)

The decision to put restrictions on QLD travel came after an unexplained case linked to a cluster from two weeks prior, which meant there could have been many more cases. Eminently sensible precautionary measure. I expect restrictions will get lifted in the next few days as QLD seem on top of things again.

I'd still much rather be over cautious than risk being under cautious.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
The decision to put restrictions on QLD travel came after an unexplained case linked to a cluster from two weeks prior, which meant there could have been many more cases. Eminently sensible precautionary measure. I expect restrictions will get lifted in the next few days as QLD seem on top of things again.

I'd still much rather be over cautious than risk being under cautious.
I wasn't thinking about the WA border measures. I actually think our initial response was fine with the hotspot.

Hopefully this will be a non issue after the next few months anyway.

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

The reality is that it's a no win situation. If they sit on that information they'd get crucified for not notifying the public & other states sooner. After the security guard case in Perth there was a 12hr delay between them finding out and McGowan making the announcement. They'd copped a fair amount of flak for that.

When you move fast in a situation like this, mistakes are made.

They should offer an unreserved apology to the individual but stand by the decision to release the best information they had at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back