Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – Signed until 2027! 🎉

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the players giving him sh*t, I also hope the coaches pull him aside and say fu** em. You do you mate. Think goals first and then if you see something else use it.

Yes Kozzy, you should kick it to Fritsch, because he never misses.

Fritsch has a better goals to behinds ratio to Kossie. However, they should both be looking to Oscar ‘one goal zero behinds’ McDonald as the most accurate kick for goal in MFC history

Undoubtedly two of the finest marksmen in club history.

Insanely talented. The glimpses he shows reminds me so much of 2000 Jeff Farmer when he was at his electrifying best. This might sound silly but I actually think the crowd plays a big part in getting him going. Whenever he touches or is near the ball, the crowd gets excited and that gives him an extra perk up to do his thing.

One thing he has over most small forwards is his toughness. I saw Higgins and and Butler on the weekend squib contests, but Pickett just hits em hard. Mini Byron coming out of him.

Could have easily kicked 4 on the night. What's scary is that he's only just played 16 games.
Let that sink in.

Last edited:
Would absolutely get overly physical with him. It may work and it may not, but worth a try. Hey, it works with at least one AA ruckman I know.

But I see something different in this kids mental makeup, which makes me think it would backfire.

This is another good thing about Pickett, he seems to be completely fine with physical contact, really if he gets a chance he'll get the opposition before they get him. Got a touch of his uncle in him me thinks.

Has anyone gone for a wander through this thread yet?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...lbourne-for-26-50-2020-1st-round-pick.1230746

Got less fun when covid started, but the roos were up & about at the start of 2019.

Let’s put it this way I back us to pick someone better than Pickett next year with our first you gave us

And then when you couple it with the 2 second rounders we got also it’s robbery

Also, shame on this guy

Didnt think it possible, but picking the biggest reach for needs since Lucas Cook, in pickett, has made this trade look even worse for us.

Had a very bad Pickett melt last year as well. Pretty much got a woody over Cody Weightmans 2 goal debut and stated that recruitment team made a mistake picking Kozzy over Weightman.

I remember reading it but couldn't remember who it was who posted it.

The only reason I remember he melted hard over May was coz I was arguing with him about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a pleasure to watch
The type of player that can make a dull afternoon at the footy worthwhile.

He is the first I''ve seen since Cyril that has the tricks combined with that "hunt you'' like tacking pressure that sticks.
Rioli was a freak as a small forward because he still caused so much damage on his quite days with his pressure and presence.

Enjoy having an excitement machine like Pickett and seeing him develop they don''t come around that often.

He also blasted Lever for not dump kicking it inside 50 when we've beej deliberately working on not doing that
This really got to me. He would have said 'this is where Lever should sit back, wait and find an option' if he had just blasted it in there. Noise for the sake of noise.

Picketts goal was much more impressive than Gibbons' and that isn't bias talking. Beating three guys and snap on your wrong foot versus a dribble kick from the boundary? I know which one is harder.
Exactly. Deserved it. Only Carlton supporters would have voted Gibbons..

Taylor Adams goal was better than Gibbons IMO

This kid is next level special. Someone said that at training he was impossible to tackle and he's almost already there at AFL level. Eats pressure for breakfast. Gawn said we still have to develop him🖕😃

Just keep him fit happy and healthy. He has more natural talent in his pinky than the rest of our team Petracca included.
He hasn't even played 20 games yet haha.

His snaps at goal this year has been an incredible improvement on last year.

His intercept and goal Ill give a 9.5/10 which is down on the 10/10 for the goal in traffic last week, going in the wrong direction, pretty disappointing 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back