Society/Culture School principal makes boys apologize for............being born male.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes - definitely over the top but it’s not the norm is it? Nobody with any clout is seriously suggesting this is a good idea are they?

Unfortunately its an industry. Taxpayer funded.

The Australian Hate Crime Network (AHCN) is a partnership composed of three sectors of society: academics, representatives of NGOs from minority communities, and people from relevant government organisations.

Making one error of judgement is not a sackable offence. She made the boys stand up at assembly.

Principal Jane Boyle in a statement said in hindsight, the gesture was "inappropriate".

"Boys were asked to stand as a symbolic gesture of apology for the behaviours of their gender that have hurt or offended girls and women," she said.
"In retrospect, while well-intended, we recognise that this part of the assembly was inappropriate.

"Today, the school is contacting parents to explain the reasons behind the assembly and to ensure that any student who requires support is aware that it is available."

Ms Shepherd said she did not believe the school had any "malice" intentions, but they had got it "wrong" on this occasion.

"It wasn't a very thought-out process, I don't think, by the school," she said.

"I understand what they were trying to promote, they've just completely gone about it the wrong way."

I agree. But its not a sackable offence. Clear enough for you?
Agree with your stance here. It was an error in judgement that deserves a small slap on the wrist. Nothing more.

Agree with your stance here. It was an error in judgement that deserves a small slap on the wrist. Nothing more.
Disagree, this sort of s**t needs to be eradicated from the School system.

Thankfully all of the states realised the trojan horse that was 'safe schools'

You can teach respect, boundaries and consent in a more appropriate manor than a school assembly. This didn't just happen off the cuff, it was well planned and thought out.

If you want girls to grow up believing in equality and opportunity start celebrating where we have come from and where we are going. Stop telling them they are victims or likely to be victims.

Disagree, this sort of sh*t needs to be eradicated from the School system.

Thankfully all of the states realised the trojan horse that was 'safe schools'

You can teach respect, boundaries and consent in a more appropriate manor than a school assembly. This didn't just happen off the cuff, it was well planned and thought out.

If you want girls to grow up believing in equality and opportunity start celebrating where we have come from and where we are going. Stop telling them they are victims or likely to be victims.

The media seem to be missing the failure of parenting in this issue. You dont have to venture far in public places to hear how parents speak to the partner & kids to know where the lack of respect comes from.

School principals should be leading from the front in demanding basic respect in their schoolyard, not this grandstanding.

Not a sackable offence if it was a one off.

I have 3 grandchildren of school age and the thought of the 2 boys having to apologise for the "sins of their fathers" is abhorrent and ingrains a terrible mindset in them at an impressionable age, it divides us into groups and pits one against the other and would have made these boys feel bad/guilty about who they are and what they have no control over ie. their sex. Let kids be kids for f..k sake.

I have 3 grandchildren of school age and the thought of the 2 boys having to apologise for the "sins of their fathers" is abhorrent and ingrains a terrible mindset in them at an impressionable age, it divides us into groups and pits one against the other and would have made these boys feel bad/guilty about who they are and what they have no control over ie. their sex. Let kids be kids for f..k sake.

Thats not ignoring the effect on the girls going home understanding how poor their Dad is, & their brothers, the kids next door.

Sacking is a blunt instrument approach but it cant just be papered over.

If the issue isn't systemic, give the principal a slap on the wrist and an opportunity to learn from their mistake. They'll probably make a public apology in front of the students to make amends.

I'd be surprised if any boys have permanent psychological damage out of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a dumb, collective admission of guilt that is performative and mostly done due to pressure to conform and intended to somehow make society better was somehow abusive and traumatizing, then the leaders of every church and SJW gathering should be arrested.

But perhaps it was a just a dumb thing that unsettled a few people for a brief moment in time and then was rightly pushed back on with an appropriate resolution.

Maybe it's just me, but people need to harden up a bit.

They are called Arts degrees.

For "special" students.

#participationprize

Can we stop categorizing all Arts degrees as useless? This world would be a sorry place if we didn't have music, literature, history or the visual arts.

Can we stop categorizing all Arts degrees as useless? This world would be a sorry place if we didn't have music, literature, history or the visual arts.

How many of the greats in these fields required a ridiculous piece of paper in order to facilitate their works?

The onus is on the credible disciplines that currently come under the umbrella of "arts degrees", to extricate themselves from the excrement that has rusted itself on to this class of "academia". I agree that it's wrong for a student of English history or Russian literature to be filed along with the humanities absurdities, but I never invented the idea. I'm not going to shy away from demeaning the general category because 80% of them really are intellectual horse s**t.

It's off topic anyway.

How many of the greats in these fields required a ridiculous piece of paper in order to facilitate their works?

The onus is on the credible disciplines that currently come under the umbrella of "arts degrees", to extricate themselves from the excrement that has rusted itself on to this class of "academia". I agree that it's wrong for a student of English history or Russian literature to be filed along with the humanities absurdities, but I never invented the idea. I'm not going to shy away from demeaning the general category because 80% of them really are intellectual horse sh*t.

It's off topic anyway.

Education for educations sake, the sort of luxury that is indulgent.

Education for educations sake, the sort of luxury that is indulgent.

Most of them think they're entitled to taxpayer funded careers afterwards!

sometimes they were even kneeling directly to black people and asking forgiveness
Yes there were people who were going over the top with their virtue signalling and attempts to show themselves as "allies".

I suggest you've lived a very sheltered life if you havent come across such people.
Education for education's sake is perfectly fine. You never know what is going to come out the other end.

The Australian Hate Crime Network (AHCN) is a partnership composed of three sectors of society: academics, representatives of NGOs from minority communities, and people from relevant government organisations.
How is this a bad thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back