News Alberton Oval Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the hell should people from a bordering council area be considered? It's a case of bad luck.

Mr Sausage can go to hell. Old mate in the Port scarf can especially go to hell.
Because the council border is the back of Alberton Oval southern fence and the bowling club's southern border, so people in the other council are affected by noise, lighting and parking. I never knew this until last year when I looked at the bowling club's address and it said Cheltenham not Alberton, so I double checked.

c.JPG
'The argument should be framed not as how the Parkland can be destroyed but how they can be enhanced. And ideas that improve and open the Parklands to more people should be encouraged. Particularly, I would have thought, by those who purport to be its custodians.'
'If the Crows are driven out by the small-minded opposition of a vocal group, we will all lose.'

Caleb Bond

Last edited:

Charles Sturt council borders PAE council border in grey below southern fence of the oval and Seventh street is the eastern border

1616988334108.png

Because the council border is the back of Alberton Oval southern fence and the bowling club's southern border, so people in the other council are affected by noise, lighting and parking.
They are affected, but would it be within their power to interfere in the decision?

That seems NIMBYism in a whole new level. It would be NIMNBYE: “Not In My Neighbor’s Back Yard Either.

It's really lucky that no trees were ever cut down and no undeveloped land was ever used to build the houses where these nuffies live.

They are affected, but would it be within their power to interfere in the decision?

That seems NIMBYism in a whole new level. It would be NIMNBYE: “Not In My Neighbor’s Back Yard Either.
There would be some mechanism where people on the council borders can air their complaints. I doubt there would be ability for the state government's Local Government Minister to intervene, unless there was some exceptional circumstances. This wouldn't be the first cross council border dispute in the state's history.

I like how none of this effects them in any way since the function of the area doesn't change at all except for the addition of a small oval for children's sport. If you've lived with SANFL games since the dawn of time, a very small scale children's sport game is not going to have any effect on your right to quiet enjoyment.

14 ugly ass trees on a barren and poorly maintained patch of grass though, lmao.

View attachment 1088966
'The argument should be framed not as how the Parkland can be destroyed but how they can be enhanced. And ideas that improve and open the Parklands to more people should be encouraged. Particularly, I would have thought, by those who purport to be its custodians.'
'If the Crows are driven out by the small-minded opposition of a vocal group, we will all lose.'

Caleb Bond

Next minute - writes an article including the views of 3 small-minded individuals...

Ambassador mode activated 😂.

I like how none of this effects them in any way since the function of the area doesn't change at all except for the addition of a small oval for children's sport. If you've lived with SANFL games since the dawn of time, a very small scale children's sport game is not going to have any effect on your right to quiet enjoyment.

14 ugly ass trees on a barren and poorly maintained patch of grass though, lmao.
“Grass”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

always makes you laugh when your hear these sorta people....

The ones who move next to an airport because its cheap then go on and complain about planes, or moving into light industrial areas and complain of noise.

i laugh at the fact that people from another council are complaining that another council who looks after the land is not going to supply them a place where thier dog can go take a s**t and they may have to buy thier own bags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back