List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering why there isn't more discussion about Shai Bolton? Is it because he isnt a free agent or just super unlikely given he plays for RIchmond and probably doesnt want to leave? He is out of contract. I think he would be incredible for us, I really rate him. Classy ball user, quick, ability to play both inside/outside, balance, has a long kick etc
He would be an absolutely elite poach. Would be great to bring through as Sidebottom and Elliott get older

We should be targeting players like Georgiadis, Kelly, Vlaustin, McIntosh, Hooker, Day and Membrey. They will be much cheaper than Bont and Cripps and we could add 2 or 3 of those players and we are back in contention

Agree with this. For the price of prising Merrett away... a key forward is probably more of a need.

Or spend the money on a couple of quality 24-26 year old free agents would help balance the age profile of the list once Mayne, Greenwood, Roughead, Pendles, Howe, Sidebottom, Mihocek and Cox and co gradually retire over the next 4 seasons

I'm wondering why there isn't more discussion about Shai Bolton? Is it because he isnt a free agent or just super unlikely given he plays for RIchmond and probably doesnt want to leave? He is out of contract. I think he would be incredible for us, I really rate him. Classy ball user, quick, ability to play both inside/outside, balance, has a long kick etc
If only we’d got one of GC’s picks in the 20s for Witts instead of junk picks for points. Would have given us the chance to draft him.

I think there is good opportunity with GWS players wanting to come home after this year. I'd be surprised if we aren't in a few ears already.

Would love Taranto, Riccardi, or Himmelberg. Not sure the Berg is going to move though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only we’d got one of GC’s picks in the 20s for Witts instead of junk picks for points. Would have given us the chance to draft him.
We would have 100% taken him too. He was at 11 on our draft board that year, Hine and Rendell were gutted when Richmond grabbed him just before our pick.

Agree with this. For the price of prising Merrett away... a key forward is probably more of a need.

Or spend the money on a couple of quality 24-26 year old free agents would help balance the age profile of the list once Mayne, Greenwood, Roughead, Pendles, Howe, Sidebottom, Mihocek and Cox and co gradually retire over the next 4 seasons
Should of traded Langdon for allir allir when he was close to leaving

Any chance of trying to get Tom Green from GWS?
Young inside bull struggling to get consistent games there atm. He was a high draft pick so wouldn’t think GWS would let him go cheap.

We can't get Bont and we are not targeting Cripps.

Merrett is our target.
Would be relatively pain free to get too, as long as we offer a contract that triggers round 1 compo? That would be another pick inside top 5 (probably top 3, really) if Bombers don't match it. In a stacked draft

In the next 10 years, players will be traded without a say. Coaches already want it. It’s a professional sport and these are full time professional athletes. It will be no different than what we see in other professional sports around the world.
Right now AFL players have too much of a say. They got free agency and they received a cut of the AFL revenue. It can’t go all one way.
Unfortunately, the downside may be less club loyalty.
I don’t agree how we treated Treloar in terms of what was being said about him, however, at the same time this won’t be an issue in the future as the player will accept the decision and move on.
You say other professional sports around the world - but what you mean is American sports. European sports definitely don’t operate that way - nor does soccer around the world.

I’m not sure the American way is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back