Round 3 vs Collingwood at Marvel Easter Thursday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon wouldn't be happy about losing a Melbourne derby game and gaining an interstate game, because they'd probably get a lesser crowd overall.

I’m not sure that’s true. Reckon they’d probably get similar numbers for a Bombers Lions game (with the Daniher link especially) than a Bombers North game with how North are going this year, combined with their generally low crowd numbers.

Doubt that would happen at any rate though. I think any disruptions beyond this one we will just have to cop as a lost home game.

You stated ALL Brisbane Lions supporters. I, as a member since we relocated to Brisbane, strongly disagree.

But the fact is - why have you bought up a shitfight that has been rehashed 100 times. Give us a break.

I'm commenting on the 'We should wear the Fitzroy jumper for away games' because it was brought up by SOMEONE ELSE and it's an argument I'm thoroughly sick of too.

Fitzroy themed is fine but a jumper with Fitzroy's monogram is not appropriate outside of a heritage round.

The Fitzroy jumper is appropriate anytime. So beautiful.

8b2371e510621e4521f65c71eaa18333.jpg

Fitzroy Captains Cass Blake and Julian Turner at the BSO.

Have you been hiding under a rock?
It’s been all the talk for the last 3 weeks.

Thanks for that, could have just said ‘no, if the club doctor gives the OK then they can play’, would have saved me the time googling it.

Focus has been my supercoach team the past few weeks ;)

Happy to have a game or two each year in Bears and Fitzroy colours. Although never again Paddlepop lion :)
Seems more a kick up from old Fitzroy supporters every trip to Melbourne.
So what do we match those 4-6 Melb games in Fitzroy jumper, with 4-6 Brisbane games wearing the Bears colours to be fair.
As a ex Fitzroy supporter we have a current jumper we should wear.
I am happy to wear either Bears or Fitzroy as said even a few times a year. The old bears be good as a alternate strip in a few games.

Agree. Not many old Fitzroy supporters would be against us wearing the old Bears top a few games a year if it meant seeing the old FFC top out there for our minimal Melbourne games. In fact I’d be all for it for the 2 Q clash games and heritage round.

I'm surprisingly chill about this.

I mean, when you're buried in crap anyway what's a few more nuggets on top?

Here's to a 150 point whomping!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm commenting on the 'We should wear the Fitzroy jumper for away games' because it was brought up by SOMEONE ELSE and it's an argument I'm thoroughly sick of too.
I think we should wear the Fitzroy jumper for all away games ;)

Seems like Ely is on the outer.

I found it odd that Sharp and then Prior were selected ahead of him.

Obviously there must be reasons. It's not based on what I've seen of them on the ground.

No to the Fitzroy Jumper. Our home (maroon one) is miles better than it and we're a Brisbane team. Stop living in the past.
I think it would be living in the future.

You're never going to convince Melbourne people to follow Brisbane . Unless you tap into a connection and market it to the overpopulated Melbourne inner city.

Too many of you people sound like Noel Gordon. And we all saw how that turned out.

Embrace the past and capitalise on it . Plenty of Victorians who live in Queensland who could be persuaded with something they relate to . Lots of them barrack for Melbourne clubs.

To look to the next generation you have to have a story and a history. And ours is rich with iconic figures and compelling stories.

Obviously there must be reasons. It's not based on what I've seen of them on the ground.
The new rules have changed the game with more emphasis on outside run and kicking skills.

Unfortunately our game plan from the last two years does not benefit from the new rules and style of play, our list lacks players that can exploit the new rules, and our coaches may have been caught out and not planned as well as other teams on how to exploit the new rules.

I've said this before but I'll bet you any money that Ely Smith will leave at the end of this season for greater opportunities from other clubs.

If Robertson & Sharp are in the extended squad down in Victoria and E.Smith isn't even being considered even though apparently he had a terrific pre-season according to the club, I can't see him staying that long with the club if he isn't playing in the seniors regularly IMO especially if he is getting pissed about not being picked as well.

Add in the fact that these new rules of the sport has made the game and players be more accountable on their cardiovascular endurance, kicking skills & speed on the field, I feel like Ely isn't going to play much senior games at the club, if any to be completely honest. The club clearly rates Robertson & Sharp as their future midfielders along side Bailey, Berry Jnr, McCluggage, Rayner & others 5-10 years down the track.

Last edited:
The new rules have changed the game with more emphasis on outside run and kicking skills.

Unfortunately our game plan from the last two years does not benefit from the new rules and style of play, our list lacks players that can exploit the new rules, and our coaches may have been caught out and not planned as well as other teams on how to exploit the new rules.
There's no doubt about that. Ely is an inside mid and they've tried to make him a winger inside a season .We're crying out for a Sharp type except it's not Sharp at the moment. Prior is a back flanker, we're playing him on the wing. So we're left with Robbo and Matho who aren't going to give us what's required right now . But the best we have.

There's no doubt about that. Ely is an inside mid and they've tried to make him a winger inside a season .We're crying out for a Sharp type except it's not Sharp at the moment. Prior is a back flanker, we're playing him on the wing. So we're left with Robbo and Matho who aren't going to give us what's required right now . But the best we have.
I suppose they'll play Ah Chee on the wing one day when they exhaust all other options.

But who knows . Some of our positional selections have bewildered me this year to date.

That's a joke surely.
No? Fitzroy is given far more attention than the Bears. There are more commerative games celebrating Fitzroy than Bears and we wear Fitzroy's guernsey colour more each year as well. I think the club has done more than enough appealing to the Fitzroy fanbase, but i would prefer they focus more on Bears expats now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back