Position 2021 Midfielders

Which players will be top ten MIDs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even as an original Butter's owner I am not getting too carried away after yesterday's game. Still, happy with him as a possible forward keeper.

However with the injuries the Bombers now have I would be wary of getting Merrett or McGrath in the short term. Blooz, North and Bombers fans must be feeling a world of pain.

This caught my eye.
Screenshot_2021-03-28 Preview - Rnd 3 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 4th April 3 20PM Etihad.png

Even as an original Butter's owner I am not getting too carried away after yesterday's game. Still, happy with him as a possible forward keeper.

However with the injuries the Bombers now have I would be wary of getting Merrett or McGrath in the short term. Blooz, North and Bombers fans must be feeling a world of pain.

This caught my eye.
View attachment 1087886
Talking for myself and family we were expecting this . As long as we can see the younger players getting games into them then l for 1 am happy to lose. Short term pain means long term gains...is what l believe.

Last edited:

GT619

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Lachie Neale (AF $829k SC $721k MID)

collingwoodfc
coach Nathan Buckley: "Neale is a quality player. He doesn't often put 2 bad ones together... He's definitely someone we'll consider. O'Connor's job was strong but there's a team element to that to stifle his influence."

Talking for myself and family we were expecting this . As long as we can see the younger players getting games into them then l for 1 am happy to lose. Short term pain means long term gains...is what l believe.
The attachment was from the Carlton board! They have feelings too!

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
My PODs Wines, Simpkin & N.Anderson havent started as well as i would've liked but by the same token they havent been terrible. Thus, i think i will keep the faith. Neale is annoying me but no way i trade him out. Hopefully new recruit Oliver will show my other mids how its done and will lift them to greater heights. I did really want Cerra too but as it turned out i didnt have the cash so i had a decision between N.Anderson & Rowbottom. After round 1 i was cursing myself but after round 2 im relatively content with that selection.

At least my rookie mids and forwards are doing well. Im prepared to keep Dow as a slow burn, for the moment. He sits at M10/F8 anyway so no way will he be considered for a position in my 18 without first scoring 100+

crippler9

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton

collingwoodfc
coach Nathan Buckley: "Neale is a quality player. He doesn't often put 2 bad ones together... He's definitely someone we'll consider. O'Connor's job was strong but there's a team element to that to stifle his influence."
I don’t think coaches are keen so far this season to put a proper tag on a player. Neale didn’t seem to be getting tagged as much as it seems to be. I don’t think his fully fit with the rotations etc because Neale is more then capable of impacting a game even with a proper hard tag

I don’t think coaches are keen so far this season to put a proper tag on a player. Neale didn’t seem to be getting tagged as much as it seems to be. I don’t think his fully fit with the rotations etc because Neale is more then capable of impacting a game even with a proper hard tag
Mark O'Connor was at breakfast with him on Saturday (didn't realise the game was over)
He'll be tagged by decent coaches
Bucks however......

crippler9

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Mark O'Connor was at breakfast with him on Saturday (didn't realise the game was over)
He'll be tagged by decent coaches
Bucks however......
Bont didn’t even cop a tag yesterday and he just shreds the opposition. I honestly think Neale has fitness issues

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

collingwoodfc

HAHAHHAHAHA Bucks shut your trap, you let Titch run around and get 54 on us.

He doesn't believe in a tag, lmao

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
WHY ROSS LYON WAS "DISAPPOINTED" WITH PATRICK CRIPPS LAST WEEK

Former Fremantle coach Ross Lyon admits he was disappointed watching Patrick Cripps in person in Round 2.

The Blues skipper is reportedly playing injured, but finished with 21 disposals and spent a large chunk of the game out of the midfield.

Lyon believes Cripps may need to change the way he plays to adjust to the new rules and the speed in the game.

“I watched him live last week and I was a little bit disappointed, I haven’t had the opportunity to watch him live a lot,” Lyon told Footy Classified.

“Stoppages are down 30 per cent, he’s rotating more forward, so his game’s being watered down.

“He’s going to have to be a link from defence, maybe it’s the aerial down the line and the ability to link up or build his craft forward.

Matthew Lloyd added that Cripps’ work at centre bounces has been poor this year, saying that his defensive work isn’t up to scratch.

“If I was David Teague, I would be challenging Patrick and ask him ‘are you as desperate as you were when you were trying to forge your career’?” Lloyd said.

With Carlton getting injuries to Martin and fisher for an extended time, I can see and am hoping Dow is unleashed instead of spending so much time on the bench for some reason

I reckon he will play even more time forward now

timtimtim

Club Legend
Feb 27, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Is there a reason why not more people are talking about Cerra?

120+ past 2 rounds?

Brayshaw or Fyfe will cop most of the attention. Cerra's numbers similar to Brawyshaws

Is there a reason why not more people are talking about Cerra?

120+ past 2 rounds?

Brayshaw or Fyfe will cop most of the attention. Cerra's numbers similar to Brawyshaws
Brayshaw has the history. He averaged over 100 last season and also had that stretch of 8 or 9 games where he averaged like 120

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back