Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
GOOD NEWS !!!!

We've just had the okay from Chief to grow our merry band of moderators by 1.

So If you're keen to jump onboard and join the dark side by becoming one of us then we'd love to hear from you.

Moderator Role
We are looking for people who regularly post and spend time on the Adelaide board.

Policing the rules is the most basic level of moderator responsibility however the 'community building' aspects of the role are as or more important:
- Helping to make the forum an interesting, fun and inclusive place
- Help new users settle in and make them feel welcome
- Interest in board activities and games (tipping, fantasy, other competitions)
- Setting a good example and showing leadership through your own participation on the forum

If you have some interest in the role or have questions please reply in this thread or you can contact myself, Drugs Are Bad Mackay? , Deaneus! or brucetiki by private message. Posters can also nominate people they think would be effective in the role.

We don't get to make the final decision - that is up to the admin - but we have a say in who we would prefer and we would like to see who is interested.

We'll keep this thread open for nominations until Monday 5th of April 2021

Love,

Relapse, Drugs Are Bad Mackay?, Deaneus and Brucetiki

Surely giving Sanders a ban button wouldn't end badly.
Make Sanders a Mod.

I can imagine him banning 5 posters inside the first minute of being a mod.

I would enjoy the laughs on here a lot more too.

giphy.gif

I'm always amazed people want it.

"Would you like to do a shitload of unpaid work and almost certainly incur a significant personal liability for any amount of defamatory content posted on the board?"

"Boy, would I?!"

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Don't be shy peeps

There was quite a bit of conversation recently around "smutty" content and lots of people weighed in from both sides. It showed that a number of people feel strongly about the tone and content of the board which is great.

Also please don't feel that you necessarily need to be on the same general "wavelength" as our current moderators either.

Would love some nominations from people who don't like aspects of how the Board is being moderated now or in the past, or if you have changes in mind you think would improve the board. We don't want to just roll forward with like-minded individuals.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
My vote is for Adolph Sanders. He will know how to handle decenters. Good at BBQ's.Tolerates no asinine comments. :devil:

Don't be shy peeps

There was quite a bit of conversation recently around "smutty" content and lots of people weighed in from both sides. It showed that a number of people feel strongly about the tone and content of the board which is great.

Also please don't feel that you necessarily need to be on the same general "wavelength" as our current moderators either.

Would love some nominations from people who don't like aspects of how the Board is being moderated now or in the past, or if you have changes in mind you think would improve the board. We don't want to just roll forward with like-minded individuals.
So you want some strong minded coalition supporters lol. ;)

Surely there's some underworked public servants who will put their hand up to give something back to the community. ;)

Question: Can a moderator ban another moderator on the same forum that they both moderate?
No... but there have been some battles over the years between moderators.

Mine was with an ex-Port moderator on the moderator board.. & he lost lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back